U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-28-2010, 12:48 AM
 
14,790 posts, read 14,070,556 times
Reputation: 20500

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You must be joking. Very few you people now, or for some time have the slightest clue about how hard one must work and the importance of an education to achieve success. Hell, now days, most are illiterate by the standards of 50 years ago. For many kids with 2 parents working, money seems to grow on trees!
who are you people?

what are you talking about? Are we still talking about how apparently feminism has ruined the relationship between men & women?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
When I started working, employers bent over backwards to hire and promote women over more deserving males. It was never enough for the "Women's Committees" who were pissed that there were no women in senior management. What did these cretins expect. There were no women working in these fields 20 years earlier!

To "make amends", hiring quotas were instituted and all promotions went to women. Many of the young women who were then hired had a husband in the same field who couldn't get a job. "He had higher marks than me.", one said. "Why won't he get a job?"
what industry do you work in?

I work in I.T. I can tell you - there is NO affirmative action, no quota's and no special treatment.

I wouldn't want it anyway.

That is what being an equal is

 
Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 AM
 
Location: Canada
283 posts, read 411,923 times
Reputation: 200
Foreign women

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
Ya oughta pity those poor forighn women. American men just can't handle the independence and control of the women of their own country, so they're seaking women who'll settle for less. It really is sad. You wanna talk feminist, talk going to another country to look for women who kneel down and take off her man's shoes like in the "Good Old Days when the man was the bread winner & the woman was the servent."

Chris245, I ain't exactly getting who's side you're on. Are you defending the fact that feminism is ruining relationships or not? Are you trying to say that men really are feminist? Because if, as you say "All these men are looking toward forign women," isn't that saying that the forign women are closer to men's standards as far as Male Dominance?

Man, I admit that women have falts, but at least we don't go to China and grab a man who will do whatever the hell we want him to do.

Jessie
Feminism did in fact complicate relationships. But men nor women want to be reasoned in this issue. So I think a solution maybe dating foreign people.



To answer your question I believe that foreign women are closer to what men want in a relationship. They reflect the old ideals that men grew attached to. What feminism is proposing is an undefined gender role in other words you want men to be Care Givers or/and Providers and you want to be the main Providers in the relationship (if I understand women's point of view). But the problem in this is that men are not ready to make such a transition to give up what several years of evolution did. Why fix something that works? Men want to be admired by theirs wives. They want to be stronger, more masculine, the bread winner and the provider. They may say it or not but they prefer their wife to stay at home taking care of the family, cooking and doing domestic chores. Men want to be the main providers in the relationship and not having to compete with his wife on any issue.

American Women nowadays are independent, career oriented and many prefer to remain childless or if they have a child they try to make him fit to their schedule. American women are raised with the ideal of being superior to men in every way. From what I see in CD Woman would choke to dead before admitting that a man can do something better than her. If an American man is going to find a woman who is happy being a housewife and a mother, they do exist, but he may have to look long and hard to find her. They are few in numbers. Men want women who will look up to them, respect them for their manliness, their success in the business world etc... Often he needs to go abroad to find this woman.

Most foreign women are not raised with the feminist ideals. In south america there is a lot of crime in the streets and the average amount of dead are 20 per day. You get robbed or killed its that simple. The police cannot protect you south america. So you need to be twice as careful. Its mostly that issue that makes people exit their country.

I suggest many of you women get some information about how women live outside of the USA before you star arguing from ignorance.

Once you travel you really see why is it that a lot of men who travel outside the USA when they comeback they are married, its because American Men have the reputation of being loving and caring. An american man will never allow a woman to get a beating in front of his eyes without doing something. For women outside the USA - North Americans are really princes in shining armor. The reason north American women don't see their men as loving and caring is because you live in a rich country - your level of comfort is too high.

I've been to China Beijing for the Olympics games 2008. + I come from South American And live in Canada.

I used Relativism and Empirical Knowledge on this post.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 02:46 AM
 
14,790 posts, read 14,070,556 times
Reputation: 20500
ha ha ha!

#1 I am not an American woman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Foreign women



Feminism did in fact complicate relationships. But men nor women want to be reasoned in this issue. So I think a solution maybe dating foreign people.



To answer your question I believe that foreign women are closer to what men want in a relationship. They reflect the old ideals that men grew attached to. What feminism is proposing is an undefined gender role in other words you want men to be Care Givers or/and Providers and you want to be the main Providers in the relationship (if I understand women's point of view). But the problem in this is that men are not ready to make such a transition to give up what several years of evolution did. Why fix something that works? Men want to be admired by theirs wives. They want to be stronger, more masculine, the bread winner and the provider. They may say it or not but they prefer their wife to stay at home taking care of the family, cooking and doing domestic chores. Men want to be the main providers in the relationship and not having to compete with his wife on any issue.
Being an independent woman does not exclude the man from anything, not from being a "breadwinner" nor being a "provider". My PARTNER is still physically stronger than me, he can still care for me. The difference between your point of view & mine is, that I too, can do these things.I can be a breadwinner & provide for the home. That's why he is my partner. Not my ..wait .. what was it ... "princes in shining armour"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
American Women nowadays are independent, career oriented and many prefer to remain childless or if they have a child they try to make him fit to their schedule. American women are raised with the ideal of being superior to men in every way. From what I see in CD Woman would choke to dead before admitting that a man can do something better than her. If an American man is going to find a woman who is happy being a housewife and a mother, they do exist, but he may have to look long and hard to find her.
no, you don't get it do you?
We don't think we're superior. We view ourselves as EQUAL

I wouldn't rather choke dead than admit a man can do something better than me. if a man can do something better than me, is that different from a woman who can do something better than me? Hardly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
They are few in numbers. Men want women who will look up to them, respect them for their manliness, their success in the business world etc... Often he needs to go abroad to find this woman.
hmm I've always respected the people I choose to associate with, including partners. But continue in your dream fantasy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post

Most foreign women are not raised with the feminist ideals. In south america there is a lot of crime in the streets and the average amount of dead are 20 per day. You get robbed or killed its that simple. The police cannot protect you south america. So you need to be twice as careful. Its mostly that issue that makes people exit their country.

I suggest many of you women get some information about how women live outside of the USA before you star arguing from ignorance.

Once you travel you really see why is it that a lot of men who travel outside the USA when they comeback they are married, its because American Men have the reputation of being loving and caring. An american man will never allow a woman to get a beating in front of his eyes without doing something. For women outside the USA - North Americans are really princes in shining armor. The reason north American women don't see their men as loving and caring is because you live in a rich country - your level of comfort is too high.

I've been to China Beijing for the Olympics games 2008. + I come from South American And live in Canada.

I used Relativism and Empirical Knowledge on this post.

What you can not comprehend is that a woman can be independent & still be a feminine woman. I have never dated a man who thinks that my role is confined to the house & bearing children. Thank god for that.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 05:18 AM
 
Location: The Hall of Justice
25,906 posts, read 36,380,553 times
Reputation: 42509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
Once you travel you really see why is it that a lot of men who travel outside the USA when they comeback they are married, its because American Men have the reputation of being loving and caring. An american man will never allow a woman to get a beating in front of his eyes without doing something. For women outside the USA - North Americans are really princes in shining armor. The reason north American women don't see their men as loving and caring is because you live in a rich country - your level of comfort is too high.
I've traveled a bit, and a few of my friends have traveled extensively. The typical reputation of Americans seems to be that we are all rich and own guns. Some locals in Costa Rica asked me outright how many guns I owned and were very surprised that my answer was zero.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 AM
 
Location: Bayshore Drive Newport Beach
77 posts, read 71,529 times
Reputation: 28
i know the best way to deal with women that think they are almighty and men are crap to her. I would just stare at her boobs while she is talking to me.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Canada
283 posts, read 411,923 times
Reputation: 200
Why do you think men have such a hard time making eye contact?......... Boobs don't have eyes.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 07:30 AM
 
9,412 posts, read 11,747,177 times
Reputation: 20226
This thread has become tiresome but after reading all the garbage coming from just about every male poster pontificating on the evils of feminism, I am just so happy I have a SO who supports my independence, who is kind and sweet and doesn't think I am any less of a woman because I am a feminist.
 
Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
 
4,837 posts, read 7,826,929 times
Reputation: 2998
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewportBeachGuy View Post
i know the best way to deal with women that think they are almighty and men are crap to her. I would just stare at her boobs while she is talking to me.
I'm too decnt and polite for this but after she has ended her harange, it would have been satisfying to ask, "Those can't be real, are they?
 
Old 06-28-2010, 11:34 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
4,489 posts, read 9,590,320 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
This thread has become tiresome but after reading all the garbage coming from just about every male poster pontificating on the evils of feminism, I am just so happy I have a SO who supports my independence, who is kind and sweet and doesn't think I am any less of a woman because I am a feminist.
Me too!
 
Old 06-28-2010, 12:08 PM
 
951 posts, read 1,610,221 times
Reputation: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I'm too decent and polite for this but after she has ended her harange, it would have been satisfying to ask, "Those can't be real, are they?"
Knowing you personally, I realize that you were joking. However, one is never sure when they will be the victim of a harangue by some female with something that pisses her off, so its really difficult to be prepared for the bile. All you get out of these encounters is an understanding that you are among the 70% of males who women have no real interest in and that as such, you are only a convenient scape goat.

I think there is nothing that pisses women off more than a guy who they are not attracted to who has it together. This is usually a sharp contrast with the men who they are attracted to who are otherwise useless. Life is so unfair.

BTW, I heard it through the grapevine that John pulled the plug, last Friday. Who will you get to post your material? I can see now why he was so fearless!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top