Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
I glad that feminism gave me abortion rights .
I really get angry/disappointed when I see young girls that are proud that they have "rights" to kill a baby! Just so you know, Margaret Sanger (who was a raciest) pushed the abortion moment (planned parenthood) in the late 30's and it's quite clear to me that it's a eugenics program under disguise.

The Negro Project and Margaret Sanger

Anyhow, to all you girls out there, if you don't want any babies: KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:36 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I really get angry/disappointed when I see young girls that are proud that they have "rights" to kill a baby! Just so you know, Margaret Sanger (who was a raciest) pushed the abortion moment (planned parenthood) in the late 30's and it's quite clear to me that it's a eugenics program under disguise.

Anyhow, to all you girls out there, if you don't want any babies: KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exectly...Or wait and make sure that you have found THE ONE. If I had a penny for all of my female friends with "baby daddies" (often nowhere to be found) then uh....I would have quite a few extra pennies in my penny jar thing.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:38 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:

Absolutely. Malcolm X tried telling people the same thing. You look like him btw!

Old 01-13-2010, 06:42 PM

133 posts, read 301,226 times
Quote:

If you can't feed them don't breed them. I think it's selfish that people have children and they can't provide the best for them and bring them into an unstable envoirnment.There are too many unmarried people with mutliple litters of children with different people. There are too many children who are orphans and are in foster care because their irresponsible teenage parents. Having children is not a right, it's a privilige, and most people who have kids have no bussiness having them.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:00 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
For a 19 year old, it's quite unbelievable that you got some severely outdated views on marriage/relationships.
You're really overstepping your bounds here. If you don't like that kind of relationship then don't get involved in one! It's that simple. Do you discourage homosexual relationships, interracial relationships, etc? If not then don't be a hypocrite and look down your nose on traditional relationships. Like it or not, humanity has had more or less this type of relationship for thousands of years and even today it's the most common in most countries.

And compare divorce rates and happiness rates between countries with the 2 systems. However, abuse and violence rates are also skewed towards countries with the traditional marriage patterns.

Why don't you just live and let live?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
If you can't feed them don't breed them. I think it's selfish that people have children and they can't provide the best for them and bring them into an unstable envoirnment.There are too many unmarried people with mutliple litters of children with different people. There are too many children who are orphans and are in foster care because their irresponsible teenage parents. Having children is not a right, it's a privilige, and most people who have kids have no bussiness having them.
I like your general point but if you can't afford them why not just use birth control pills/condoms? There's no reason to conceive life and then kill it because you can't afford it. And if you can't afford kids you probably can't afford an abortion either.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
I like your general point but if you can't afford them why not just use birth control pills/condoms? There's no reason to conceive life and then kill it because you can't afford it. And if you can't afford kids you probably can't afford an abortion either.

I believe that people should use birth control and condoms. The problem with birth control is all of the health problems that come with it. I used to be on birth control but I had to stop taking it because it was giving me blood clots, headaches, and it messed up my sleeping and eating habits. I've been off of birth control for 2yrs and I still have effects from it.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:18 PM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decafdave View Post
You're really overstepping your bounds here. If you don't like that kind of relationship then don't get involved in one! It's that simple. Do you discourage homosexual relationships, interracial relationships, etc? If not then don't be a hypocrite and look down your nose on traditional relationships. Like it or not, humanity has had more or less this type of relationship for thousands of years and even today it's the most common in most countries.

And compare divorce rates and happiness rates between countries with the 2 systems. However, abuse and violence rates are also skewed towards countries with the traditional marriage patterns.

Why don't you just live and let live?
Each to their own. I have no problems people having traditional relationships. I don't look down on them at all. I just found it a bit surprising that a teenager of this century still has those values and beliefs. I have never seen that before.

I don't really believe I could live and function in such old fashion way, but I won't knock those who wish to do so. I have no qualms with them at all.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Each to their own. I have no problems people having traditional relationships. I don't look down on them at all. I just found it a bit surprising that a teenager of this century still has those values and beliefs. I have never seen that before.

I don't really believe I could live and function in such old fashion way, but I won't knock those who wish to do so. I have no qualms with them at all.
Believe it or not I used to be more liberal. But I think the traditional way is better because it worked and it works for me.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I believe that people should use birth control and condoms. The problem with birth control is all of the health problems that come with it. I used to be on birth control but I had to stop taking it because it was giving me blood clots, headaches, and it messed up my sleeping and eating habits. I've been off of birth control for 2yrs and I still have effects from it.
Yes birth control doesn't come without side affects, but don't forget the emotional (and sometimes physical) side affects that affect a woman who's had an abortion. There's always the rain jacket unless someone has a latex allergy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships