Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 04:41 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""On the other hand.....take a step back and ask yourself..."Who did these MEN think they were to withhold that right in the first place?" It was never theirs and theirs alone. """

Great response!

Why should we thank those who withheld our rights in the first place when they were finally forced to give us what was already ours by rights as human beings.

Hi Who?Me,

What fantasy world are you from? Most people were slaves and were owned by noble WOMEN. Class people, not sex.

The reason why is was "theirs", as in the noble class, is because they took it by force. Given the fallen nature of human's its rather silly not to realize it. Might made right. I had an older brother with parents who had a hands off approach. I know what a Stalinist regime really is.

Now given that a freeman was now free, he was entitled to be his own dirt farmer or maybe he lived through another battle. There you are ladies. So what are we complaining about? The fact that noble women did not quite have it as good as noble men all of which who owned slaves?

If any of you white girls would like to go and give an earful to an African man be my guest. Also to any of you Western Anglo's, perhaps I should make female slaves out of you since I am a Slave. You enslaved my ancestors. It is from my decent that outlawed slavery first for that reason while Venice cashed in. Now kneel before Gwynedd slaves!

Dubrovnik - Croatia Holidays, Accommodation and Yacht Charter (http://www.aiptravel.com/Dubrovnik.html - broken link)
Dubrovnik Republic was the first in Europe and indeed the first in the world to outlaw the slavery - on 27. January 1416. Slavery was outlawed 150 years later in England in 1569, while in the U.S.A. slavery was outlawed in 1862, towards the end of the civil war.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:45 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
very well then...so you mean that it was actually women who started wars, holocausts and pillaged foreign lands and they only used men as pawns in their wicked game to perpetrate their hatred for -- well, humanity I guess...?..??..?

Thats more like it I suppose.

What a bunch of overwrought nonsense. Where do you get off with this holocausts crap! I responded to this voting nonsense.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,972,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
What a bunch of overwrought nonsense. Where do you get off with this holocausts crap! I responded to this voting nonsense.

???? Is there not a woman behind every powerful man? Thats what Ive always heard at least.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
I didn't want to read through this huge thread so I'll just state my opinions. I believe that feminism is simply an acceptance of the reality that men and women should be treated equally. Women should never have to accept a role in life in which they're subservient to men and don't have the same rights as well as responsibilities. When I look back at modern historical events I can't say that male leaders of nations have done a particularly good job of furthering the best interests of human beings and I suspect that women could have done at least as well and probably better. Women are equal intellectually and the fact that they are weaker physically was only important when we were hunter gatherers. In the modern world that means nothing. The word feminism was demonized by right wing conservatives in a similar manner to the word liberal. If people who aren't particularly bright to begin with have that word pounded into their heads with the associated negative stereotypes it finally sinks in and they think that feminists are a negative influence in society. I think they're wrong.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:08 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Who?Me,

What fantasy world are you from? Most people were slaves and were owned by noble WOMEN. Class people, not sex.

The reason why is was "theirs", as in the noble class, is because they took it by force. Given the fallen nature of human's its rather silly not to realize it. Might made right. I had an older brother with parents who had a hands off approach. I know what a Stalinist regime really is.

Now given that a freeman was now free, he was entitled to be his own dirt farmer or maybe he lived through another battle. There you are ladies. So what are we complaining about? The fact that noble women did not quite have it as good as noble men all of which who owned slaves?

If any of you white girls would like to go and give an earful to an African man be my guest. Also to any of you Western Anglo's, perhaps I should make female slaves out of you since I am a Slave. You enslaved my ancestors. It is from my decent that outlawed slavery first for that reason while Venice cashed in. Now kneel before Gwynedd slaves!

Dubrovnik - Croatia Holidays, Accommodation and Yacht Charter (http://www.aiptravel.com/Dubrovnik.html - broken link)
Dubrovnik Republic was the first in Europe and indeed the first in the world to outlaw the slavery - on 27. January 1416. Slavery was outlawed 150 years later in England in 1569, while in the U.S.A. slavery was outlawed in 1862, towards the end of the civil war.
Could you try that over in English? I'm not trying to be insulting but it's garbled...maybe some punctuation would help? Or calming down?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I didn't want to read through this huge thread so I'll just state my opinions. I believe that feminism is simply an acceptance of the reality that men and women should be treated equally. Women should never have to accept a role in life in which they're subservient to men and don't have the same rights as well as responsibilities. When I look back at modern historical events I can't say that male leaders of nations have done a particularly good job of furthering the best interests of human beings and I suspect that women could have done at least as well and probably better. Women are equal intellectually and the fact that they are weaker physically was only important when we were hunter gatherers. In the modern world that means nothing. The word feminism was demonized by right wing conservatives in a similar manner to the word liberal. If people who aren't particularly bright to begin with have that word pounded into their heads with the associated negative stereotypes it finally sinks in and they think that feminists are a negative influence in society. I think they're wrong.
Great post! Well written and true! Thank you.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,074,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Could you try that over in English? I'm not trying to be insulting but it's garbled...maybe some punctuation would help? Or calming down?
It looks fine to me...

Old 01-20-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
It looks fine to me...
Then maybe you could interpret what he was trying to say ....especially as it related to my post.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:35 PM

377 posts, read 1,063,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyokoMariaUrameshi View Post
Feminism - Salon.com

I don't 'serve a man' just because it tells me to in the Bible. I serve a man out of respect to him. I serve a man out of love for him. I serve a man out of a loyalty to him.I like the view from atop my pedestal and see no reason to come down.If you enjoy your feminism, then more power to you. Just don't take away my right to not be a feminist.

I have thought about this a lot and I agree with you and could have said it any better, especially about there being nothing sexier than a dominant alpha male.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:50 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,121,360 times
50 years of feminism has brought us an exponentially higher cost of living, broken families, 60% divorce rate, all time high number of single mothers and a childhood obesity epidemic. Something obviously went wrong along the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships