Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 11:55 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
I always thought that they got this from their peers. Their mothers wanted them to marry a decent man, not a good looking, wealthy one.

This is typically what many mothers advise but are seldom heeded:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/06/op...ef=maureendowd

However, some mothers are more practical. With no fault divorce available in most places, there is no need to worry about how a man will work out in the long run, as long as he doesn't leave you financially high and dry.
The No-Fault Divorce is a joke.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:55 AM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
The No-Fault Divorce is a joke.
Not for married men, it isn't. It's sheer terror.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:28 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomechick6 View Post
haha just coughed on my steak at this. I'll be laughing over this for a long, long time.
Well, if I'm running auditions for a Juliet, it doesn't help me at all if you have Romeo's part down cold. I already have Romeo taken care of.

If you can't play the part I need you for, you don't do me any good.

If I hire myself a framer, it doesn't help me if they decide they want to drywall instead. I need the place framed before anyone can do drywall--and I probably already would have someone to do that. I need the place framed.

If you can't do the job you're hired for, you're no good for me.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
In a nonfinancial sense? You don't respect her financial contributions too? Are you so wealthy that your SO, if you had one, couldn't help you to live better?
I don't need to live "better".

Old 07-02-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Why do you care if they hate you?

Only because I don't need to be subjected to the abuse. It makes no sense to surround yourself with people who aren't going to treat you decently because they dislike you. Otherwise, it doesn't really matter. But why should you put up with people that go out of their way to abuse you?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:06 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't need to live "better".

Are you well-off then? Able to travel, if you want? You don't have to worry about money at all? What do you want a woman to do, cook, clean, and be there for you when you come home?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:07 AM

I don't like to travel. I'm not well off--but I'm satisfied with my...standard of living.
I make about 20K a year.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:27 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,232 times
Oh. Well, would you care if a woman worked too?

Old 07-02-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Oh. Well, would you care if a woman worked too?
I don't care if she works--as long as she's not in a relationship with me. I already have a job for her if she is.

See, I'm already playing that role. That's my task, I don't need for her to do that. There are other things for her to do.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:23 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Another thing I have begun to notice is that corporate America is restructuring itself to something very familiar. Most women are correct that this is a patriarchy. I would assume we should have roughly a 50/50 ratio of male to female presidents as a prominent metric if it were not the case. CEOs, government officials, and other power brokers are still men. I can imagine women turning rather blue howling at the apparent blindness men seem to have. However men are not blind.They are mute. They cannot explain it themselves.

Toss a stick into a river and see what happens. It flows down stream. When a policy is created to allow sticks to flow up stream, nothing happens. A well worn dirt path will be seen under an old rusted out sign that says "don't walk on the grass". When a policy is created to allow sticks to go down stream, the policy is credited. Yet the real flow of things is in the river.

There is a power struggle between the lessor men and the power brokers shifted to the power brokers. There are fewer things to build, fewer tunnels to blast, fewer tracks to lay. There is less of a general need for ordinary men and less compensation is necessary.

To address the female "inequities" male power brokers created new policies to help the "advancement" of women. Yet what happens, by both a conspiracy of men and women, is women become directors and VPs but not chief officers. Women flood the intermediate and high intermediate positions. These females report to a man, and yet these women have many men under them. Women are appeased to be higher than some men.

So familiar in fact I would call it a corporate seraglio, a man at the top and the women who report to him. Throw a stick into the river and women will surround a few men and despise the others.

The women seethe but will more readily scuttle a rival female's attempt at the top. She knows very well the perils of the sisterhood when the stakes are that high. Many of them have this strange sense of exceptionalism for this guy who seems fit to rule in that case. Clinton was a woman's president.

Women seem to validly complain about the glass ceiling and cannot understand the complaints of these lessor men. Yet the lessor men, as they stand mute, cannot explain their plight to women who are naturally designed to despise them regardless of their plight. Men are biological agents to a woman and a man in a plight is like a virulent one. She is repulsed. Throw a stick into the river. Rather than complain bitterly about yet another male president in Obama, she will clean her claws against the slouching shouldered sap at the bar stool. Winner take all and loser lose all. Absolutely nothing has changed. Feminism is a paint on a biological freight train.

The solution for the disenfranchised men is what is has always been. Evade, disrupt, transform, and recreate the social order. Musicians have their own groupies and doctors another. Sometimes it is a revolution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships