Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 07:55 PM

233 posts, read 827,058 times

Advertisements

BlackJack, can you clarify what you meant when you said that feminism was not needed to end discrimination towards women? I'd like to see what other ways we could've ended it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
By only marrying warriors, it's that simple and looking down on men when they would not fight.

I think the reason the ladies have a hard time reading my posts and those of others is a simple fact that women and men cannot grasp:

Read the early papers on feminism. You think that feminism was used to help out women? Guess again. It was designed soley to tax more of the population and break up the family unit, that's it. If we wanted to stop discrimination against women, you did not need feminism to do that.

It is social engineering, I know it's hard to believe but it is. No conspiracy.

You think that you are getting a good deal by working in the career force, to a certain extent you are but more damage underneath the scene is being done.

One of the best ways to weaken a society is to break up and destroy the family unit. If you still fail to grasp what I am saying, you are lost.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:13 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,120,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I guess a better question would be why do men think all women have that mentality? Think about apples. Are they ALL are the same shape and size? Are they all the same in overall?
Meaning apples unlike you?

Old 01-14-2010, 08:16 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Theres one thing I know for sure. An office of entirely female staff is office self destructive. This is truth. Many experiences .
Perhaps , feminism was rushed, somewhat like immigration and were in the middle
of its determined development

Old 01-14-2010, 08:40 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
1) By 'dumb' I mean a woman is dumb who would tolerate sitting home all day, doing the housework, and being told by the man she CANNOT work outside the home and that HE IS ENTITLED to go hang with the guys while she 'stays home.'

2) Married Women were not allowed to own property in their own name for many years. I am not too familiar with the laws in the USA but in the UK once you married your husband got it all...if he died, your sons took it over.

3) Women did not divorce because there were few career paths open to them. If you were married/divorced you could not be a teacher. Only single women were allowed to be teachers, for example.
And again what would the point be? Black Smith? Farmer? Military? Butcher?

Most jobs were very physical. There were very few "careers." Now that that is no longer the reality the West within a few generations recognized that reality.

Quote:
If you can't work, you can't support yourself so you have to put up with someone's abuse.

Oh, wait, let's go back to the good old days when the man was allowed to give the wife and kids a smack once in awhile then go out and get drunk.
It certainly was a good idea not to marry an idiot, just like today.

Sometimes it was good to be a man and other times it was good to be a woman, but I would take the upper class anytime. One thing for certain is the medieval concept of chivalry did not come about from a continuous dysgenic hatred of women.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:51 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,346,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
By only marrying warriors, it's that simple and looking down on men when they would not fight.

I think the reason the ladies have a hard time reading my posts and those of others is a simple fact that women and men cannot grasp:

Read the early papers on feminism. You think that feminism was used to help out women? Guess again. It was designed soley to tax more of the population and break up the family unit, that's it. If we wanted to stop discrimination against women, you did not need feminism to do that.

It is social engineering, I know it's hard to believe but it is. No conspiracy.

You think that you are getting a good deal by working in the career force, to a certain extent you are but more damage underneath the scene is being done.

One of the best ways to weaken a society is to break up and destroy the family unit. If you still fail to grasp what I am saying, you are lost.

Hi Black Jack22,

Oh no doubt. Its the same with multiculturalism. Since I am a Christian I always believed in neither Greek, nor Jew, nor Scythian but modern multiculturalism is designed to destroy the only fall back against the globalists and that is tribalism. Even though I agree with the basic equality of mankind I am not so naive` to think that it was not also promoted for this reason by the robber barrens of old. There will never be a classless society but the top does not always like much company.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:04 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Meaning apples unlike you?
In simple terms... it means everyone doesn't have the same thoughts. Each person is a different world...

Old 01-14-2010, 09:19 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,130,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Hello Stargazzer,

As I said before I do not know enough about "overall attitudes" of men and women in the United States and how they have changed since the 20s to really discuss it. As such I cannot give an opinion on your theories. Now if you want to talk about various political reform movements supported by progressives and feminists in the 19th and 20th centuries and well known ideas surrounding that period such as the cult of domesticity, prohibition, suffrage, views on property etc and why people backed the causes they backed I would be happy to discuss that. However, I have not really studied the changing attitudes of 20th century men and women in relationships in the United states enough to competently discuss it. I am also curious as to what you mean by "that blunder".
Its really simple....your original post re topic included the significance of
the behavior of people indicating opinion. This is the "definition of ...
attitude. I suggested that logically attitude is the germ of the business
thats being discussed. You then remarked that you have no idea how
attitudes or ..."the behavior of people indicating opinion" have changed since the 20's and so on through to present day. It is emphatically illogical to marriage the study of the behaviour of people and opinions as you brought to light in original post and then assert that you have no idea how the attitudes have changed as....both "define" the identical meaning..)websters) And you know, I've been complimentary and....smokescreening with a list of Social Studies is
not addressing the aforementioned .... BLUNDER Mishap, or whats known as mistake
I can't help in a more deductive submission and will prob leave this with you. If you go over the posts it hopefully
will help. Thank-you for the excersize

Last edited by stargazzer; 01-14-2010 at 09:39 PM..

Old 01-14-2010, 10:03 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,568,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You aren't one of the 25 men all women chase after for sex. Join the club.
Yes I am well aware of this.

Dont care, women are nothing but trouble anyway

Old 01-14-2010, 11:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I want to be a house-husband one day to take care of my children and run the household. I'm afraid, I don't have that right cos men are still "supposed" to be the breadwinner.
So when you say you want to be a house-husband and run the household, you are disagreeing with those who say to being at home and having no career/income of your own is not the disadvantage that feminists have always said it is? Well, in that case should women also aspire to be house-wives and run the house?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 PM

2 posts, read 3,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
I think that is great. I have met some guys who do this and it's not 'girly' or emasculating.

The key is to be honest with your future wife/partner and state this upfront and be sure it is something she can live with.

There are plenty of 'career women' who would like to work while their husbands mind the kids/house/maybe work part time (the first 2 can make you crazy if you do it 24/7--eventually you might want to work part-time while the kids are in school or so on).
You "think that is great"? that a man wants to be a house-husband? Then I guess that you also think it is great that a woman wants to be a house-wife? So if it is so "great" then why have women/feminists been complaining about how oppressive it is to be a house-wife and been insisting that women should have careers instead?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships