Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 02:14 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times

Advertisements

I get some amusment out of all this.

I agree with Nutz's position somewhat. Lots of "Daddy's little princesses" out there running around without a clue.

I happen to believe that "power" and "control" is never created or destroyed, it is only transferred from one person to another. So who transfers all this power to these trashy little princesses? Men, obviously.

And you can blame men's choices on our biological drives, if you want. But then we're back to square one, since women are driven by that same motor.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:20 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,724,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_factory View Post
I get some amusment out of all this.

I agree with Nutz's position somewhat. Lots of "Daddy's little princesses" out there running around without a clue.

But who gives these types of girls this power? Men. Men created these monsters.
Uh huh! And..... why did daddy create this little monster? Because he didn't want his precious little girl to be mad at him. He wanted to be the good guy....wanted to be the little princess's hero...that'll teach mommy. He's SOMEONE'S favorite guy, huh? Yeah, then when she becomes the little monster....daddy just can't figure out how that happened, can he? Now she's mommy's little problem isn't she? Men spoil their little girls because it feeds their egos and makes them look like heroes!

Old 01-20-2010, 02:38 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Consider the irony. Women have it the best they ever had but their dissatisfaction has gone up towards men. You can see it in the media and culture. Yet men are the "best" they have ever been.

How does one resolve that men are not nearly as bad as they were for thousands of years, yet they are still terrible? Any girls around here working on that logic?

It gets worse:

Are men also suffering from expectation fantasy? You bet. A hundred years ago would I have ever seen the most beautiful women out of the billions with a little air brush? Nope.

Worse still, with the fat epidemic, this divide is even worse. The ideal image of a woman has increased while the reality has decreased. Is that bad enough? Nope. Now a man can be financially ruined by committing to a woman who, in his mind, he settles for.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 01-20-2010 at 03:05 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 02:56 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Consider the irony. Women have it the best they ever had but their dissatisfaction has gone up towards men. You can see it in the media and culture. Yet men are the "best" they have ever been.
I dont think dissatification has gone up. Women are now free to express their dissatisfaction if they chose to. Im quite satisfyed overall. I like the modern man.

Quote:
How doe one resolve that men are not nearly as bad as they were for thousands of years, yet they are still terrible? Any girls around here working on that logic?
Although men arent quite there yet, they continue to evolve and improve.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I dont think dissatification has gone up. Women are now free to express their dissatisfaction if they chose to. Im quite satisfyed overall. I like the modern man.

Although men arent quite there yet, they continue to evolve and improve.
Hi 2mares,

Based upon the posts here and otherwise, would you say men are getting that message?

Advertisers: Men Are Not Idiots - Advertising News - AEF
The way the advertising industry portrays men has drawn increasing scrutiny in both the trade press and the mainstream media. Defenders of the status quo -- in which men are depicted as irresponsible fathers and lazy, foolish husbands -- are starting to feel outnumbered. It's an understandable feeling.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:10 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
I did think the guy had a few good poimts, but he clearly has no respect for women, and certainly does nothing more than fuel the flame which is causing hatred between the sexes. Frankly, IMHO the guy is a pig who would like to take all the credit for women's accomplishments. Women have done nothing to better their standing in life? It's only due to what men have allowed them to do? Oh thank you, you chauvenistic pig thank you so much! Someone hold my hair while I barf!!
Vitriol aside he's right. Women didn't vote to give women the vote. All of the modern freedoms women enjoy that were once off limits were, when it all boils down to it, permitted to happen by fair-minded men. Your post is just another example of spitting in their face as a thank you.

And on a related note to the princess/entitlement mentality, this is a worthy read:

http://mensnewsdaily.com/2009/12/23/...n-to-consider/

And while this was a nice comical notion, the underlying motif is that an entire relationship revolves around the woman's need for attention--in my experience is pretty much spot on for most women these days:

http://shrink4men.wordpress.com/2010...relationships/

Last edited by Nutz76; 01-20-2010 at 03:26 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM

[quote=2mares;12534045]I dont think dissatification has gone up. Women are now free to express their dissatisfaction if they chose to. Im quite satisfyed overall. I like the modern man.

Although men arent quite there yet, they continue to evolve and improve.[/quote]

I agree....some men are actually evolving. Although the MRA would highly disagree with you here. According to REAL men, such as the guy a poster gave us links to.... Men who have "evolved" are manginas! How will men EVER evolve when insecure/entitled fools, of theirgender, bully and castrate them for doing so?

Hey, there are women out there who truly do want the best of both worlds....but there are also a whole lot of women out there who are raising their children on their own, because their babies' daddies went out and started another family......left THEM, and started yet another family! Now.....all of a sudden, you have 3 families getting no support, because Mr. Deadbeat is in jail or has had his license suspended due to non-pmt of child support. He ends up on the street because he can't get a job without transportation. Okay...hehe.....ranting here..... but you get the picture!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:23 PM

BTW speaking of evolving, as a personal anecdote, I worked at a car wash one summer. I would not always get tips, but I would get some. I got them from men of all ages. I also got them from women as long as they were middle age and up. I never got a tip from a young women. Is that a princess factor? That was certainly considered in my learning process, and believe me, I tracked the behavior assiduously. I was amazed that not one youngish women would cough up a buck. I wonder if that has changed at all?

My congrats to the female boomers who have always seemed to treat this Gen-X man rather well for some reason. Was it mothering or something else?

Last edited by gwynedd1; 01-20-2010 at 04:22 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Vitriol aside he's right. Women didn't vote to give women the vote. All of the modern freedoms women enjoy that were once off limits were, when it all boils down to it, permitted to happen by fair-minded men. Your post is just another example of spitting in their face as a thank you.
Read a few of my other posts on here before you jump to that hasty conclusion. On the other hand.....take a step back and ask yourself..."Who did these MEN think they were to withhold that right in the first place?" It was never theirs and theirs alone.

Here's something out of the twilight zone...Maybe you should look at it this way....(I know...outside of the box isn't a forte for some)... perhaps women didn't have time to be bothered with the "triviality" of the decision making processes and they actually ALLOWED men to be the ones to vote. Perhaps women were "trusting" that their men would make decisions which were in the best interest of their families. After all, the women were a bit caught up in manually doing all of the things that she has machines to do these days...laundry, sewing, gardening, baking, cooking, child-rearing, beating carpets, plucking chickens....you know....the stuff guys didn't care to do.

Don't ever think that I would dream of spitting in the faces of the type of men who actually believed that people should be treated like people. But don't ever disillusion yourSELF into thinking that all men get the credit for their decisions. That vote wasn't unanimous...not by a longshot, and the ancestors of the "nay" voters are out here in large numbers, wailing like banshees over the injustice of it all. Furthermore..... remember this, even though some of those guys voted yes, don't think it wasn't selfishly motivated by the men who had a wife and several daughters over the age of 18. If the man had 3 grown women in the house, he had 4 votes. Even though women were allowed to vote...they STILL voted the way the man of the house voted. After all, he was the head......HE just had more votes, once his wimmen folk got the right to vote. Good gawd, we're not ALL quite as stupid as you'd like us to be. Duh!

Old 01-20-2010, 03:36 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Lets see
One of the main ways was that women could not vote, thus had no power over legislation which inacts law that control peoples day to day lives.

Other things like women were not allowed an education, were not allowed to own property and could not hold most jobs meant women had no financial power which contributed to no legal power. That in itself if abuse when one segment of the population purpously denies another segment the same liberties.

Men no longer have exclusive rights to this power so are finding it increasing difficult to abuse it. I dont know that women as a whole are doing anything different. According to some, women are trying to gain a monopoly on this power and put men in the same position women were once in. Others will argue that women are rightfully harnessing this power to improve society and their own lives.
Women have always had sexual power over their husbands.They can get him to do whatever it is they want by bargaining with him. You heard that behind every successful man is a woman?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships