Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2010, 12:47 AM

186 posts, read 219,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Pookie, the only reason most people are 2 income families is because they want to buy stuff. Stuff they don't need, but are convinced they are supposed to have. Sorry...the 'ruling classes' aren't responsible for that.
I SUPER agree. I'm continually amazed at how much time, freedom and interactions with loved ones that people are willing to part with in order to have that house in the suburbs and second car, and you know, third Xbox. Or whatever. Then complain about how expensive everything is and how they don't spend enough time with their partner or friends or relatives...

Plus, how can you blame the 'ruling classes' for individual decisions. Sounds like a knee-jerk liberal view to me. No one is holding a gun to your head to do anything. How about we take some responsibility for our decisions and lifestyles, and even *questioning* not just mainstream ideology but our own part in it?

Old 06-23-2010, 05:39 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Ha! I forgot all about this thread. That OP was a hoot.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:42 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Ha! I forgot all about this thread. That OP was a hoot.
I started reading through a few pages late last nite and got tired, funny thread.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:00 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
I glad that feminism allowed me to work, get an education, vote, and gave me abortion rights but I never asked for it to make everything equal! I hate "going Dutch" or paying for dates and meals for a man, I believe that a man is suppose to pay for dinner and dates, I would only pay for a guy unless it's his b-day, graudation, he got a promotion or a raise. I miss men being MEN! Holding doors, taking charge, being the leader, being go getters. There is nothing more sexier than a dominant Alpha male
It doesn't surprise me at all. This is how women think generally. Doesn't mean I agree with it but, oh well.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:14 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
yeah, feminism messed everything up. I remember reading that even a majority of women surveyed reported that they regret falling for it and that more women are unhappy now, than ever before. I also read that more young women are shedding feminist indoctrination, or at bare minimum, cherry picking the parts of the ideology that they want to subscribe to. But by and large, at this point it is pretty clear that feminism was an abject failure. Cant change nature, and in the long run, a woman's nature is to gravitate toward security.

Above all else, after talking to many successful career women, I have learned that you just cannot do it all...you can have it all, and do everything half assed, but you cannot do it all and have it all at the same time. The women Ive spoken to are by most standards excelling careerwise. Family wise, they either dont have children and are pathetically scrambling for a sperm donor, or they do have children, and they have a family life that is in shambles. Of course, the way they try to justify having a failed family life is by trying to convince themselves that they are okay with being a single mother, and raising children alone; and as such their family life shouldnt be considered a failure. Typical shapeshifting relativist rhetoric. They may be ok with it, but for sure their children wont be okay with it as they near adulthood. Invariably they will realize that theyve been robbed of the relationships that a well rounded family structure would have provided as their mother fixated on making sure that she "had it all". Either way, as with anything in life, nothing is ever going to be all good with no negative consequences at all.. you just gotta take the good with the bad.

Last edited by solytaire; 06-23-2010 at 10:43 AM..

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
yeah, feminism messed everything up. I remember reading that even a majority of women surveyed reported that they regret falling for it and that more women are unhappy now, than ever before. I also read that more young women are shedding feminist indoctrination, or at bare minimum, cherry picking the parts of the ideology that they want to subscribe to. But by and large, at this point it is pretty clear that feminism was an abject failure. Cant change nature, and in the long run, a woman's nature is to gravitate toward security.
And all the women realizing that work sucks and look for ways to get out of having to do it.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:53 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
No, it made things better. I for one, am glad that I can't walk around slapping women and being a jerk. I'd hate myself in the mirror.

Old 06-23-2010, 11:25 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
And all the women realizing that work sucks and look for ways to get out of having to do it.
I keep trying to tell people: females are "grass is greener" creatures. Everything on the other side of the fence looks better to them...of course once on the other side of the fence they tend to realize that side of the fence sucks too.

For instance - men know that we will never be able to give birth to a child, and thats that. No matter how unequal we feel about it, or whether we feel like we are missing out on something is irrelevant. Men dont give birth. That is an absolute reality that men accept. The artificial womb is going to be as close as a man will ever get to giving birth. some men dont want to give birth to a child, and others know that even if they did, they cant. Either way they accept reality.

A woman's outlook usually dictates that the grass must be greener over there. so rather than accepting the reality that not only will her physical work output not be equal to that of a stronger man, but work is also not necessarily enjoyable, and that for a man, a woman's work and income earning potential means nothing to a male seeking a mate; rather than accepting these as factual, she convinces herself that she is missing out on something, and then wonders why she is not being exalted by men for her career achievements. And which ever male is explicitly seeking an "independent" career woman, he is doing so because he is expecting her to take care of him. But women got themselves all worked up and convinced themselves that they were missing out on sooooo much in life by not working.

Well now they are working basically just for the hell of it...and when they arent complaining that they arent getting paid equally for doing less, they are complaining that they cant have more maternity leave, or they are asking for help lifting things on the job, and dodging the most dangerous jobs in favor of being teachers or nurses or secretaries. Whereas when men couldnt do the work required of them, that was the end of his working life/job - end of story.. Again, men lived in an absolute reality. If for whatever reason, a man couldnt do the work assigned to him, he could go work in a pizza parlor or something, but the rules werent changed and production wasnt compromised so that he could feel "equal" while actually underacheiving.

This was a healthy thing for family and societies, as there was a direct correlation between a man's production output at work, and his ability to provide for a family. Thereby creating a distinct difference between the guy who could actually produce something, and the slovenly fatass who was unwilling to work.

Now the good thing about these rearranged standards is that lowlife men who are unwilling to work are basically viewed the same way by independent women that women who didnt work were viewed by men when they were the providers: "No big deal, the sex is still coming your way"...lol

Thats why I always say that feminism diluted the standards of competition for men. Im not anti-progressive, but there is a reason that people have done things the way they have for thousands of years.. None of this would matter if men were as inclined to seek security as women are. But they arent. There are literally biological differences that make women seek security while men are more risk taking...and those differences make being able to provide for a family a necessary attribute that women seek..whereas for men, a woman's income earning potential is negligible, at best.

Last edited by solytaire; 06-23-2010 at 11:39 AM..

Old 06-23-2010, 11:59 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
or they are asking for help lifting things on the job, and dodging the most dangerous jobs in favor of being teachers or nurses or secretaries.

The point here is elusive...

Whereas when men couldnt do the work required of them, that was the end of his working life/job - end of story.. Again, men lived in an absolute reality. If for whatever reason, a man couldnt do the work assigned to him, he could go work in a pizza parlor or something, but the rules werent changed and production wasnt compromised so that he could feel "equal" while actually underacheiving.
You're grasping at straws to support a false premise. I don't believe accomodations are made for women who can't perform duties in their job descriptions. Men have never had to resign themselves to working in pizza parlors when they couldn't perform duties required, learning another trade or education has always been an option.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:14 PM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,641 times
I won't say loser, or twerpy, or call your manhood into question.

But I will ask whether you've ever posted anything in the relationships forum involving your own accountability rather than foisting ALL the blame off on women you can't seem to land, who have mistreated you, who have performed all the relationship ills upon you and your ilk so that you're swept helplessly before them like a twig before a tide?

I've got some major grievances against Feminism, that's certain; and I've got a few with modern women at large, although I see them as more a reflection on a society gone wrong than a reflection of a gender --

But I've never seen you post anything that made you sound OTHER than petulant, when you weren't being outright helpless before the big, bad wimmenz, and I frequently wonder why you bother pondering or posting at all when you're that helpless before their tyrannical onslaught with the entire weight of society and the legal system bent irrevocably against you?

Do you ever wonder what YOU need to do to stop the madness in the relationships-and-romance world instead of what WOMEN need to do to make life easier for you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships