Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2010, 03:25 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
interesting 90 pages about the damage done by feminism. the tactics used to defend unjust overt feminism bear a striking resemblance to the racial threads on CDF defending entitlement philosophies and even abusive behavior --and why such behavior is justified.
it is the story of the mideast --when the abused become the abusers. all done in the name of "payback".
when we are unfair, we have abandoned any claim to defending principle and truth.
all of these movements declared at first to represent equality. they lied. false prophets of the 60's.
"People call me feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat or a prostitute. "
~Rebecca West~

People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character. "
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~

Really sad for you Mr Huck that you chose a woman that cleaned your bones dry, but this is not the world view, sorry to say, but your own.

Last edited by virgode; 06-26-2010 at 03:41 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 06-26-2010, 05:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Movie reviews: Repulsion - by Jaclyn C. Stevenson - Helium

Old 06-27-2010, 07:57 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,726,438 times
It seems that after feminism gets blamed for ruining the institution of marriage, the next jump is to blame women for embracing feminism. Yet I ask you, how many MEN have twisted the precepts of feminism to serve their own selfish interests: to avoid having financial responsibility for their wife, to avoid paying child support for their children. To get a free pass to treat a woman "like one of the guys" while engaging in sexual relationship with her. It's all such ugly business. But the fact remains that feminism has been supported by some weak, opportunistic men as well. So they share responsibility for what has happened to the institution of marriage, in doing these things.

And I say this as a woman who is not a huge fan of the ideology behind 70's style feminism.

Old 06-27-2010, 10:35 AM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
The more I observe, the more I see what a bloated windbag of a philosophy feminism is; and that goes for the reactions against it. As a pragmatist, I will claim the current role women play under its banner. Before the industrial revolution I would like to see how well we could apply current feminist thought. We currently take reproduction for granted, but in the past having 6-8 children with shorter life spans means we didn't have the women to spare to take such prestigious positions like dirt farmer and salt miner. So what is left but a squabble between the inbred nobility. Its not as if men who resisted social trends had a free hand either like Galileo, or Tyndale.

Does it not occur to anyone that modern society made feminism possible and all this progress in thought represents is nudging along the generational lag in understanding this? This is especially true in the West. Is anyone fool enough to think all women can do is basket weaving between feeding?

As a pragmatist, realizing the full potential of females is the result of changing conditions much more than any philosophy. That does not diminish or exclude the importance of not producing gang banging or nihilistic, latchkey spawn. What I can enjoy the most is discarding that loaded caboose of a concept, universal female oppression that always snidely comments on the smoke of the engine and the dirty coal car. Without the action of men and women in ancient societies , a good lot of women would have ended up dead. Nature would have forced us to be hermaphroditic amphibians, discarding biomass with dysfunctional nervous systems that think against their biology. I am all for what is right now.

What survives will survive. It does not matter what we think. That includes me worrying much about what ever female advantages are supposed to oppress me now. Is the scant threat of losing my job out to a woman in a safety net society worse then before? I did not wake up impressed onto a ship, nor was I drafted to guard a fever swamp so an aristocrat can have a lump of sugar for tea. I am washing my hands of it.

If you see a man or a woman you like, be a pragmatist and forget the rest.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:03 PM

283 posts, read 458,541 times
The solution on solving all this issue is simple. Men instead of dating north american women that make you so unhappy date foreign women. They were not corrupted by feminism. I've seen many testimonies of guys who hated dating/or didn't enjoy their marriage to american women (because of the feminist values) that once they started dating foreign women (foreign women loved their men for being so understanding and a good provider) they felt in love with them and found in these women from abroad what american women did not want to give them. I didn't find many cases of american woman finding men from abroad who fitted their needs (this is sad). Its a win/win situation because some women in foreign country dream of travelling to USA to get a taste of the luxuries + find a husband and some Men in the USA are tired of not being loved for what they provide + they want a wife. Some may be septic of this solution but just know that you live in a rich country where being independent is vital to survival. Love in this country is next to impossible if you don't have A Care giver and a Provider. Foreign women are educated contrary to want some women in north america might like to believe so they can provide an extra hand a allow you to be a man. Like I said Win/Win.

Topic like the ones i'm talking about are another source of anger to many women. Because of the possibility that many great and highly desired men in north america decide to settle with a woman from another country.

To summarize my argument. Feminism ruined local relationships business Now Let's Travel and live the Adventure of a lifetime finding love. Men will truly be able to say I traveled the world to find you girl.

Women found Feminism to solve their oppression. Men found Foreign women to fill the void.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:09 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris245 View Post
The solution on solving all this issue is simple. Men instead of dating north american women that make you so unhappy date foreign women. They were not corrupted by feminism. I've seen many testimonies of guys who hated dating/or didn't enjoy their marriage to american women (because of the feminist values) that once they started dating foreign women (foreign women loved their men for being so understanding and a good provider) they felt in love with them and found in these women from abroad what american women did not want to give them. I didn't find many cases of american woman finding men from abroad who fitted their needs (this is sad). Its a win/win situation because some women in foreign country dream of travelling to USA to get a taste of the luxuries + find a husband and some Men in the USA are tired of not being loved for what they provide + they want a wife. Some may be septic of this solution but just know that you live in a rich country where being independent is vital to survival. Love in this country is next to impossible if you don't have A Care giver and a Provider. Foreign women are educated contrary to want some women in north america might like to believe so they can provide an extra hand a allow you to be a man. Like I said Win/Win.

Topic like the ones i'm talking about are another source of anger to many women. Because of the possibility that many great and highly desired men in north america decide to settle with a woman from another country.

To summarize my argument. Feminism ruined local relationships business Now Let's Travel and live the Adventure of a lifetime finding love. Men will truly be able to say I traveled the world to find you girl.

Women found Feminism to solve their oppression. Men found Foreign women to fill the void.

ha ha
here is the perfect site for you: Thai IntroductionsThai Introductions, find a wife, love, romance, dating & marriage - that Louis Theroux episode was hilarious

Those men who have to run off typically to Asia are typically the type whom would never get a woman in Western society - so, please, go for it. It's probably the best you'll get.

If of course, you're after a submissive woman, who can not hold a conversation, offer advice, comfort & companionship, oh and you better have plenty of $$$$$

Old 06-27-2010, 05:34 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
I find it endlessly amusing that some men continue to believe 'foreign' women are so submissive.

Doesn't anyone recall the Russian brides taking their poor sap American men to the cleaners once their Residency was established?

Asian women may appear submissive but looks are very deceiving indeed, they are hard taskmasters.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:43 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I think it's more interesting that they expect foreign women to have Donna Reed/Harriet Nelson-esque 1950s American values.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,106,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I find it endlessly amusing that some men continue to believe 'foreign' women are so submissive.

Doesn't anyone recall the Russian brides taking their poor sap American men to the cleaners once their Residency was established?

Asian women may appear submissive but looks are very deceiving indeed, they are hard taskmasters.
isn't that the great irony?

they want the woman to not be independent, yet .... it's exactly what the woman is seeking! to get out of their home country & get some $$$.

(but if a western woman works & has an independent lifestyle, she's an evil feminist! )

Old 06-27-2010, 09:05 PM

389 posts, read 776,612 times
Ya oughta pity those poor forighn women. American men just can't handle the independence and control of the women of their own country, so they're seaking women who'll settle for less. It really is sad. You wanna talk feminist, talk going to another country to look for women who kneel down and take off her man's shoes like in the "Good Old Days when the man was the bread winner & the woman was the servent."

Chris245, I ain't exactly getting who's side you're on. Are you defending the fact that feminism is ruining relationships or not? Are you trying to say that men really are feminist? Because if, as you say "All these men are looking toward forign women," isn't that saying that the forign women are closer to men's standards as far as Male Dominance?

Man, I admit that women have falts, but at least we don't go to China and grab a man who will do whatever the hell we want him to do.

Jessie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships