Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 11:03 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,210,535 times

Advertisements

Well you guys obviously don't know about how EASY is it to overeat for that weight and to gain 5 lbs in a month. Hell pms will put on 10 overnight! Its very easy to gain 5 pounds in a month. Its only a dessert a day away!(maybe less)

That would put her up at 25 which is medically overweight. And also can start to reduce fertility and experience other health problems that come with extra weight.

Ideal has been listed as 22 in studies. A 22 BMI is like kate winselt (5'6''). Angelina Jolie(5'7'') is less than 18. J.lopez (5'5'') is around 20 but she is short so she has curves with it. And these are all women that do some working out so = smaller/firmer.

I am all about giving the op support to dump that guy but for other reasons. But I am not going to give anyone some feel good lie. That crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,909,869 times
Yeah, don't get me wrong, being close to the "limits" is a warning.
It is still, however within them, her weight would still be classed medically as "healthy".

These "limits" are a guideline, NOT a rule.

OK, I appreciate that hormones have the ability to interfere with a woman's weight, however, we don't know where the OP was in her cycle at the time she weighed herself ?
She may already have the 10lbs of fluid retention you mention.
I appreciate that she can easily put it on, but 5 lbs can also be just as easily LOST in a week.

It's hard to say without seeing pictures of her.

I'm not giving her "feelgood crap",and I'm not disagreeing with you either, I just think that 10lbs is not worthy of her b/f's reaction.

The op says she is about to do military service, and I'd expect any surplus weight to drop off her then, and those lbs will probably take friends with them.

Hopefully by that time, she'll have considered moving on from this guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Well you guys obviously don't know about how EASY is it to overeat for that weight and to gain 5 lbs in a month. Hell pms will put on 10 overnight! Its very easy to gain 5 pounds in a month. Its only a dessert a day away!(maybe less)

That would put her up at 25 which is medically overweight. And also can start to reduce fertility and experience other health problems that come with extra weight.

Ideal has been listed as 22 in studies. A 22 BMI is like kate winselt (5'6''). Angelina Jolie(5'7'') is less than 18. J.lopez (5'5'') is around 20 but she is short so she has curves with it. And these are all women that do some working out so = smaller/firmer.

I am all about giving the op support to dump that guy but for other reasons. But I am not going to give anyone some feel good lie. That crap.

Last edited by bobman; 01-18-2010 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: AWFUL spelling !!

Old 01-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,163,669 times
10 becomes 20 becomes 30 and so on. hes trying to prevent that !

Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,210,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Yeah, don't get me wrong, being close to the "limits" is a warning.
It is still, however within them, her weight would still be classed medically as "healthy".

These "limits" are a guideline, NOT a rule.

OK, I appreciate that hormones have the ability to interfere with a woman's weight, however, we don't know where the OP was in her cycle at the time she weighed herself ?
She may already have the 10lbs of fluid retention you mention.
I appreciate that she can easily put it on, but 5 lbs can also be just as easily LOST in a week.

It's hard to say without seeing pictures of her.

I'm not giving her "feelgood crap",and I'm not disagreeing with you either, I just think that 10lbs is not worthy of her b/f's reaction.

The op says she is about to do military servive, and I'd expect any surplus weight to drop off her then, and those lbs will probably take friends with them.

Hopefully by that time, she'lll have considered moving on from this guy.
Yeh.. I know what you saying. That is why I was trying to paint a picture with words as to what that weight could mean. Plus you seem like a WAY nicer guy than this "guy" she is dating (guessing from posts anyway). My current did not say anything about my size. So its obvious those nice guys exist.

You do have to hit a certain level of fitness to do military too. So if she does not get on that she won't even make the cut.

But it could be what Ep- posted too. Say it was that steady holiday gain or student gain. At that age you won't notice it as much because the skin is really good still. Then one day you wake up and 10 has turned into way more than that.

If it was me I would dump him and focus on myself. She could be emo eating on the pounds too from him and not even know it. At that weight though you only should lose 1 lb a week or it takes too much muscle. Really cleaning up your diet BEFORE you get to having to do extreme changes would be best.

I don't let all my bills go until I get shut off notices...I look at the body's health like that.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:36 PM

50,157 posts, read 63,598,266 times
The weight thing is just an excuse. If he loved you and was into you sexually, ten pounds would not be an issue.
Time to send him packing.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:01 PM

1,549 posts, read 2,578,425 times
Wow, this is all making me feel fat.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,645,686 times
I asked him if he was gay. He said he's sure he's not.

Ummmmmmm OK
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships