Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:17 PM

3,377 posts, read 4,989,628 times

Advertisements

Maybe the OP can read up on Leo Buscaglia, give him even a little inspiration. I for one dearestly hope that there is a benevolent God out there, and that all the hatred and suffering in the world is from the hand of free will that he gave us.

But outside that, pessimism drains people, I'm not going to tell you how to live, you look like you thrive in your current thinking. But pessimism doesn't get you closer to anyone, makes you seem and appear sad and angry at everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 01:24 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,568,175 times
I think this thread needs a little more cowbell

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 01-14-2010, 01:26 PM

76 posts, read 126,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi enamdar,

You do realize that Schopenhauer despised Hegel. Schopenhauer believed that nature was a randomly expressed happenstance and that Hegel considered that his dialectic was a process of achieving idealism.
Yes that is the whole point. Hegel's concrete sense of duty based in the actual historical zeitgeist you find yourself in, is diametrically opposed to the pessimistic despair I have picked up from Schopenhauer. Which is why looking at USA 2010 pop culture broadly, my Hegelian duty is to be a PUA.

Of course the issue at hand at this moment, is not so much the proper strategy and tactics to be a GOOD PUA as simply the decision to be a PUA. And after all what defines PUA is not so much the specific "tricks" as the seduction community lairs. So its not very hard to become a PUA in that way. Its incredibly easy to post at a forum, and meet up with a bunch of wings. Which I have done once in the past. So actually PUA becoming more well-known and mainstream, actually makes it easier to be a PUA, in that there are more people in the community to meet up with.

In the first post I used the analogy of my experience on the high school football team. Although I was a pretty different person then. A bit of a military buff, but certainly not deep into metaphysics.

Old 01-14-2010, 01:49 PM

20,575 posts, read 19,232,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
Yes that is the whole point. Hegel's concrete sense of duty based in the actual historical zeitgeist you find yourself in, is diametrically opposed to the pessimistic despair I have picked up from Schopenhauer. Which is why looking at USA 2010 pop culture broadly, my Hegelian duty is to be a PUA.

Of course the issue at hand at this moment, is not so much the proper strategy and tactics to be a GOOD PUA as simply the decision to be a PUA. And after all what defines PUA is not so much the specific "tricks" as the seduction community lairs. So its not very hard to become a PUA in that way. Its incredibly easy to post at a forum, and meet up with a bunch of wings. Which I have done once in the past. So actually PUA becoming more well-known and mainstream, actually makes it easier to be a PUA, in that there are more people in the community to meet up with.

In the first post I used the analogy of my experience on the high school football team. Although I was a pretty different person then. A bit of a military buff, but certainly not deep into metaphysics.

Hi enamdar,

You certainly appeared to have a dog eared a few works on metaphysics.
More or less you are debating whether self interest in the face of the current culture is a compatible with moral necessity or that there is even a point to it. Ayn Rand comes to mind. Follow self interest and let it be. The only problem I have with it is blowing up building becomes an existential truth. We have then have a self correcting system of morality where everything is sanctified that selfish expression comes out in the wash. You can decide. I decided that what I do is not inherently justified.

Now that is not to say that I did not consider who I needed to impress. Having good job prospects now matter less than charm and leisure. Causing a woman to have a desire for me is not really at the point of a moral dilemma. Using that attraction in some way does cause this dilemma.

So far I have succeeded in making a woman happy and that is something. It makes me happy. I have also done my part in buying humanity a little more time to exist so that someday we can figure something out.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 PM

2,593 posts, read 4,222,723 times
If you can sing really well, go to a karaoke night somewhere and sing a bunch of Backstreet Boys and NSYNC songs. It was humorous as hell, girls like a guy who can be goofy and carefree.

You might want to find different artists tho, this was like the late 90's I would do this LOL.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:48 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,897,484 times
Can you imagine a doom laden, pessimistic, nihilistic, philosphising guy like the OP singing "I want it that way" ??

He'd never get past the first line !!

He'd start quoting De Klootzaaken's theory, and wonder why he really wanted it "that way" at all, and if he ever got it "that way", he'd want it another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomzoom3 View Post
If you can sing really well, go to a karaoke night somewhere and sing a bunch of Backstreet Boys and NSYNC songs. It was humorous as hell, girls like a guy who can be goofy and carefree.

You might want to find different artists tho, this was like the late 90's I would do this LOL.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:54 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,158,963 times
why can some of you not sum up what you want to say in less then 10 pages =/

Old 01-14-2010, 04:15 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,354,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Very true. You can't just be intelligent; you have to be intelligent enough to know how to communicate without making people incessantly roll their eyes and bang their heads against walls.
I absolutely agree. If someone is going to use intelligence in a conversation it is best to do it in a context that is, as you suggest, user friendly and interesting to the person you are talking to. I think for the most part people drop subtle hints about what they are interested when one strikes up a conversation with them. If you can pick up on these hints and use your intelligence to ask interesting questions related to both the person you are speaking with and the subject that they are interested in they will most likely get along great with you.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,402,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enamdar View Post
Well despite

human life.
You're thinking too hard about all of this.

Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,946,401 times
OMG... At least we got something new and pretty unique! Not that I read the whole thing, God forbid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Bottom line is you are too high maintenance and cerebral for the casual pick-up artist. You're exhausting and just suck all the air and life out of the room.
You about summed it up. Frankly, I started envisioning death herself paying us a friendly visit!

There are men who are just as smart and educated and yet they are also witty, playful, and engaging; hence, successful with women. I'm not the biggest optimist myself, but this dude can make me pull my hair in a heartbeat! PUA?! In his wildest dreams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships