Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 12:17 PM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I only like it when my mom cooks something for me. Usually it's some crappy meat loaf, but it reminds me of the good old days; eating crappy meat loaf with my brothers while my dad read the newspaper on the couch, telling us to be quiet.
lol. I think I have a similar memory! Im making meatloaf for my sons tonight, but its not crappy, they love it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 12:26 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Taste never mattered to me--it's all about taking in enough calories so that I don't shrivel up.

Hi TK,

Somehow I don't get the idea that you nervously guard a stash of saffron.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
I don't either.

Texture has always been more important to me than taste.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Taste never mattered to me--it's all about taking in enough calories so that I don't shrivel up.
Wow, I haven't met many people who don't really care about the taste of food.
It is so extremely important to me. In general, food is superimportant to me, it has got to taste fabulous. It's right up there with sex for me.

Old 01-18-2010, 12:50 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
It is so extremely important to me. In general, food is superimportant to me, it has got to taste fabulous. It's right up there with sex for me.
Me TOO! Look out folks, I've got a loaded spice cabinet and I know how to use 'em! Although....I have to say, texture is VERY important to me as well. I love fish, but will not eat mushy fish..must be firm and flakey... fresh tuna or homecanned tuna, halibut, ling cod, the occasional rock fish, the mealiest fish I'll go is FRESH caught Pacific salmon. And ALL seafood has to be fresh....no 2 days ago, not frozen, but fresh! Overcooked mushy vegetables....gag!!!!!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
lol. I think I have a similar memory! Im making meatloaf for my sons tonight, but its not crappy, they love it.

I love good meatloaf sammiches...

Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Me TOO! Look out folks, I've got a loaded spice cabinet and I know how to use 'em! Although....I have to say, texture is VERY important to me as well. I love fish, but will not eat mushy fish..must be firm and flakey... fresh tuna or homecanned tuna, halibut, ling cod, the occasional rock fish, the mealiest fish I'll go is FRESH caught Pacific salmon. And ALL seafood has to be fresh....no 2 days ago, not frozen, but fresh! Overcooked mushy vegetables....gag!!!!!

Yes, I totally agree on the texture! I'm very specific when it comes to the texture of fish and vegetables especially.

I understand how some people may not like the spices, but the food still needs to taste good!

Old 01-18-2010, 12:59 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times
Quote:

Yessireeeeee...Ma'am.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
Quote:
You grow up not getting fed more than half the time, you don't really care what it tastes like when you DO get it.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:04 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
Quote:
Yes, I totally agree on the texture! I'm very specific when it comes to the texture of fish and vegetables especially.

I understand how some people may not like the spices, but the food still needs to taste good!
Yes...... and so many people over-season their foods. I believe in only using enough spices to bring out the absolute best in the dish. Too much spice....ruins the whole meal for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships