Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 06:58 PM

749 posts, read 1,789,716 times

Advertisements

Braunwyn, I am so very sorry for your loss. It's hard going through something like that and then have to put up with (Drama Queen). My heart goes out to you. I had an ex-mother in law that sounds like this womans twin. Don't let her get to you. It's hard but don't let her think for a minute that she's ruling you. If you go to the graduation; I wouldn't say a word to her. If she starts anything with you, just smile and walk away. She sounds like she has some serious issues and needs attention or something. I wouldn't give her that satisfaction.
Again I am so sorry for you loss. "Hugs"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 04:32 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, I wrote that up today. I haven't mailed it yet. I might create a new one, still, and sign "your husband, Joe Blow". I'll have to see how I feel about it tomorrow.
Since there was no mail today (Sunday) or tomorrow (holiday), I hope you haven't mailed the card yet. Don't be snarky, especially not in written form. As snotty as your father's wife sounds, rise above it. Don't use this occasion to stick it to her. I think you will regret it. You won't ever be able to take it back, and she might lord it over you and your mom. I know you don't want to hurt your mother.

Just write a brief "Thank you for the flowers" and mail it and be done with her!

Old 01-17-2010, 05:15 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Since there was no mail today (Sunday) or tomorrow (holiday), I hope you haven't mailed the card yet. Don't be snarky, especially not in written form. As snotty as your father's wife sounds, rise above it. Don't use this occasion to stick it to her. I think you will regret it. You won't ever be able to take it back, and she might lord it over you and your mom. I know you don't want to hurt your mother.

Just write a brief "Thank you for the flowers" and mail it and be done with her!
My husband mailed the civil thank you today. I'm glad I didn't send anything worth a response, tho, there will probably be some negative response from her just the same. And, it's not like she could hold it over anybody. The first time I spoke or saw the woman in 7 years was at my brother's funeral. She and her son have no contact with anybody on my dad's side of the family either. She put her son in a bad situation. He could have had a huge family. Instead, he has an aging grandmother and a mother who is in poor health. That's all the family he has. It's sad.

Any way, to show how clueless my father is...I sent him a copy of the ecards sent out for the people that left comments on fb, the funeral home website, and those that called. He thought the card was meant for him lol. Geesh.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:52 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
At some point you have to realize that you are feeing into the drama by acknowledging it. If she is that much of a PITA and has not been a part of the family, just ignore her. No one can force you to be a part of her life or vice versa. Explain this to your family if it is an issue. If you do have to see her in person, be as civil to her as you would a stranger. No reason to make life harder than it already is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships