Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Sexy vs. Sensual
Sexy 7 46.67%
Sensual 8 53.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:26 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,237 times

Advertisements

I think they are one in the same, except, we use words to describe various ranges within this emotion. And with that said, I don't think you can get any sexier and sensual than this: (this is dedicated to all you single sexy CD ladies)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uIzD...x=0&playnext=1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 10:50 PM

85 posts, read 227,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfish70 View Post
Wouldn't let me rep you I tried though....

Yes, I also believe SEXY is the physical and mental state of mind.

Sensual is the arousing OR exciting of the senses...the erotic way you touch or kiss someone; the act of licking whip cream, chocolate, etc off their naked body; the smell of their cologne that makes your body tingle all over; massages
I couldn't have said it better... You definitely distracted me.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:03 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times
Okay, guys. Sorry, I deserted my thread for a while!

Anyways, here's my brief thoughts. I'm pertaining sexy and sensual to people (although it definitely can stand for different things).

To me, sexy is more overt, more in-your-face. It isn't necessarily bad, but it's just a more obvious form of sexuality. The message is quite clear. Sexy is more "here I am, come and get me."

Sensual is more suggestive and - in my definition - seductive. It merely hints at what may come, but there's still an aura of mystery around it. Sensual is more "I'm drawing you into me."

Hmm I don't know if any of that makes sense. It does in my brain, but my brain's obviously different from the CD relationship forum lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 01:24 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
Sexy might be more physical, visual, titillates the senses. Sensual involved the mind, imagination, teases the senses instead of feeding the senses.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:48 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,643,401 times
what's the difference? I see none--the words are synonymous to me.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:50 AM

2,250 posts, read 1,395,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
what's the difference? I see none--the words are synonymous to me.
To me Sensual is an exciting off the senses, something that will make you take notice. Sexy is well sex with a Y attached to the end.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:59 AM

302 posts, read 607,668 times
It wouldn't let me rep you yet again....
Makes perfect sense to me!!! Well phrased...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

Anyways, here's my brief thoughts. I'm pertaining sexy and sensual to people (although it definitely can stand for different things).

To me, sexy is more overt, more in-your-face. It isn't necessarily bad, but it's just a more obvious form of sexuality. The message is quite clear. Sexy is more "here I am, come and get me."

Sensual is more suggestive and - in my definition - seductive. It merely hints at what may come, but there's still an aura of mystery around it. Sensual is more "I'm drawing you into me."

Hmm I don't know if any of that makes sense. It does in my brain, but my brain's obviously different from the CD relationship forum lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 11:32 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post

Yes, I was wondering where the op went lol...anyhow, makes sense..

I can be somewhere in the presence of several "sexy" women...who, as you said, Physically radiate their attractiveness... But, a woman who is sensual, is a rarer presence...

Yes, outwardly, she is sexy.. but, it goes deeper then just what is seen upon first glance.. It is..as you said, that Aura which she possesses..That "wow, i don't know what it is about her..but boy am i attracted to it/by it"

She is the attractive presence which isn't all over the place..She is a calmer/cooler type of personality...yet, just radiates something more attractive then the other, more flirty, or self consumed women in the room..She is the one female in the building who will completely catch my attention from anywhere..or the second she passes in front of me..

My first true love was like this.. When we would see one another, before we started seeing one another, she was more reserved yet warm on approach.. Yet, i could tell that alot more lie below that cool or somewhat shy exterior..and it drove me crazy...lol

Once we started seeing each other, that is when the more sensual side of her nature would come out.. The rest, is history..and an intense connection between two people who knew what each possessed below the surface..without speaking of it

Old 01-18-2010, 05:07 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,253,321 times
I guess I voted sexy because sensual also makes me think of oils and trying to hard to be sexy through overtly sexual means pertaining to the sexual act.

I think a guy that can make me laugh is a "sexy" thing. But not creepy sensual.

Sexy is the complexity of the layers of the person coming at you in one big ray of awesome that just makes you want to scream KISS ME NOW YOU FOOL. ☺

Old 01-19-2010, 01:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,438,358 times
I guess we all have our own ideas on this, guess we are all right.

Sexy to me is ys the visual aspect of a perosn, the physical, without the physical, you cannot have sexy. Sexy you could say is someone being very self confident. Sexy is tending to arouse a sexual desire or a interest by your looks. Sexy is what is attracted to you, and physical being. Sexy is more out there, and yes in your face. Sexy is a tease to ones senses. Sexy could be the way one dresses, a perfume or a cologne.Sexy is having a charisma sexy is your playful side, sexy is how one sees you thru there eyes, your physical side.

Sensual is suggesting sexuality. Sensual refers to something that appeals to your mental and spiritual aspect of persuing pleasure, romance, and hot sex. Sensual is about enticing someone special and making them in return desire you. Sensual is setting a ambience and a mood thru you being sensual in what ever way you see fit. While being sensual, you can arouse that speical person's interest in sex.

Some may say you cannot have one without the other, and that too can be right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships