Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 02:53 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,101,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
So what's wrong with that? Are you saying I should welcome pursuit by men that I don't like and don't find attractive? As for psychological issues: rejection is an indelible part of dating. If men's psyches are so fragile that they can't take it, then I really don't know what to say.
No not at all the point is women dont just say no thank you allot of em make you feel like **** for even approaching them and that you dont deserve to be in the same airspace as them..

Since women dont have to put themselves out there like that and have no idea what its like to appraoch a random person then at least have some respect for the guy approaching you and tell him thank you but you're taken or some nice way of putting him down instead of making him feel like hes a creep for even approaching you..

Old 02-17-2010, 02:54 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Feminism masculinized women, and feminized many men.. So right now a small % of men, manly men, get most of the women.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:43 PM

855 posts, read 1,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
So what's wrong with that? Are you saying I should welcome pursuit by men that I don't like and don't find attractive? As for psychological issues: rejection is an indelible part of dating. If men's psyches are so fragile that they can't take it, then I really don't know what to say.
So don't ask me to send flowers, gifts or be chivalrous in any way shape or form.

I can deal with rejection, that's a part of everday life. I'm protecting my "fragile" psychological state, which means I'm extremely careful who I send flowers or gifts to. As far as I'm concerned, women nowadays have to EARN my flowers or gifts, and it starts with a positive first impression. I'm getting better at weeding out the women who act like their sh^t doesn't stink, but every once in a while, I'll fall victim to a beautiful lady that gives me a purpose to seek her out and find out her truths. There are some good women in this world that appreciate the effort of time and thought that goes with sending flowers or gifts. At the same time, there are women with attitude who expect it, take it for granted and gauge the quality of the man by this behaviour alone.

I once asked a girl to dance at a club. She said, "no thank you," so I said, "don't thank me, thank God somebody asked you!"

Old 02-17-2010, 04:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Maybe because they want to keep a distance due to all the radical feminists out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Seems it only happens in the movies.

In my own experience, men will give me their phone numbers....and ask me to call them....and I'm 45 years old! This seems messed up.

Any comments gentlemen? Preferably men over 40 to answer please.

(not that the young guys can't answer this.....they don't seem to be the ones afraid....it's the older ones)

Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Men don't pursue?

I beg to differ. I think they love the chase. They're goal oriented.

When I was on the dating scene, I never called men first. Ever. If they wanted to go out with me, they'd have to be brave enough to ask for my number and call me. No asking me out via e-mail or text. No giving me their phone number and expecting me to chase after them. Nothing gotten easily is valued.

As for the fellas who are talking about how rejection is difficult and women give them hairy eyeballs just for approaching them: Man up. You're in your 40s, not 16. If you are that intimidated by the prospect of calling a woman, you have no business dating. Grown men know how to handle rejection gracefully, don't take it personally, and move on. If anything, they feel glad they dodged a bullet with such a rude woman. If she rejected them meanly, one can only imagine how she treats the people she runs into in her life: servers, salespeople, coworkers, etc.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I once asked a girl to dance at a club. She said, "no thank you," so I said, "don't thank me, thank God somebody asked you!"
Nice. Implying that she was so ugly no one would ask her to dance and you, in all your magnificent pity, were doing her a great big favor by paying her attention probably only made you look like a tool and made her glad she said no.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I was raised that a dance never hurt anyone. But she seemed polite, and your response was that of a sphincter.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:36 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
WTF, man?

Should she have danced with you even if she wasn't interested?? She was polite about it too!! I guess we can add you to the Hi, I'm a bitter male because I suck at interacting with women club.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:39 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times
Quote:
So don't ask me to send flowers, gifts or be chivalrous in any way shape or form.

I can deal with rejection, that's a part of everday life. I'm protecting my "fragile" psychological state, which means I'm extremely careful who I send flowers or gifts to. As far as I'm concerned, women nowadays have to EARN my flowers or gifts, and it starts with a positive first impression. I'm getting better at weeding out the women who act like their sh^t doesn't stink, but every once in a while, I'll fall victim to a beautiful lady that gives me a purpose to seek her out and find out her truths. There are some good women in this world that appreciate the effort of time and thought that goes with sending flowers or gifts. At the same time, there are women with attitude who expect it, take it for granted and gauge the quality of the man by this behaviour alone.

You're not making sense. You want women to be nice to you, and yet you're rude to them. Go figure.

Old 02-17-2010, 06:42 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
Why don't men pursue women anymore? Seems it only happens in the movies.

In my own experience, men will give me their phone numbers....and ask me to call them....and I'm 45 years old! This seems messed up.

Any comments gentlemen? Preferably men over 40 to answer please.

(not that the young guys can't answer this.....they don't seem to be the ones afraid....it's the older ones)
I still pursue them, but it somehow doesn't seem very sporting - them being in wheelchairs and such...

Old 02-17-2010, 07:15 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Grown men know how to handle rejection gracefully, don't take it personally, and move on. If anything, they feel glad they dodged a bullet with such a rude woman. If she rejected them meanly, one can only imagine how she treats the people she runs into in her life: servers, salespeople, coworkers, etc.
Oh yeah, anytime I come across a nasty woman like that, they are doing me a favor as I know not to bother a bit.

For all the things that people talk about that are bad or negative, actually there are some positives there if they open their eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships