Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 08:12 AM

153 posts, read 237,419 times

Advertisements

4.. They don't have the time. (Note: This is a RARITY. If a guy likes a girl, he will MAKE time.)[/quote]

I wonder about this........could a man like a woman and yet be afraid of rejection? How do you tell or is just best to be straight up and ask?

Old 04-29-2010, 08:16 AM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free? Unfortunately in this loose society, too many women are willing to "give it up".

Old 04-29-2010, 08:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
amazing 90 pages long. marriage down 50% most dont have a clue why.
when the sheep get scared they huddle. the wolves think they are being unfriendly and standoffish.
42 million divorces since 1975.
and if i say why--- the hate mail begins.
btw if you dare to say why on this forum, never post a photo about yourself or family.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 04-29-2010 at 09:16 AM..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:06 AM

121 posts, read 192,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
No, that is not pursuing.....that is a man too afraid of rejection and putting all the weight on the woman
But if it's the other way around(which it usually is anyway) then I assume you don't have a problem with it? It's ok for a woman to be afraid of rejection and never taking any iniatives but not for men right?

Old 04-29-2010, 10:14 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,596,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
amazing 90 pages long. marriage down 50% most dont have a clue why.
when the sheep get scared they huddle. the wolves think they are being unfriendly and standoffish.
42 million divorces since 1975.
and if i say why--- the hate mail begins.
btw if you dare to say why on this forum, never post a photo about yourself or family.
I noticed this pattern as well, Huck. Along with two nasty reps I received. People ask questions and when honest answers are given people could care less. Oh well, I am done.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llratke View Post
I guess I'm just old fashioned
I don't think you are that old fashioned. You are just being a typical woman, You want the man to take all the iniatives and do all the work and basicly shower you with love and affection without giving anything back.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMulder999 View Post
I don't think you are that old fashioned. You are just being a typical woman, You want the man to take all the iniatives and do all the work and basicly shower you with love and affection without giving anything back.
I often find women who take all the initiatives, in terms of affection, to be to pushy for my tastes. With that being said, I have no problem with a woman who at least lets her interest be known, but in the instances when I turned down women ,who took all the initiatives, they spread false rumors about me or they tried to shame me for not liking them.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Or maybe hes just snake bitten or scared of rejection?
Men aren't allowed to be scared of rejection, because if we are then we are cowards. But for a woman it's ok though.

Quote:
Why is it ok for women to be aloof or hard to get but Men have to woo a women and make her feel special before they know a damn thing about her?
You always hear women going on about equal rights and stuff like that but when it comes to this matter then they are saying it's because it's been this way for hundreds of years, men are the pursuers and etc etc.

Really alot of women are just selfish, they want to be treated special and be pursued but they wouldn't bother to treat the man special or make the man feel loved.

Quote:
Should a women be treated special just because shes a women?
Well according to most women the answer is Yes, I would think.

I have come to realise over the last few days that as a man you just have to accept it and get on with it. Unless you are extremely rich or good looking you will have to do the pursuing... I will from now on read the game and not let it bother me that I have to do all the work and initiate every contact, I'm gonna learn myself to like it basicly.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:55 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times
Quote:
Men aren't allowed to be scared of rejection, because if we are then we are cowards. But for a woman it's ok though.

You always hear women going on about equal rights and stuff like that but when it comes to this matter then they are saying it's because it's been this way for hundreds of years, men are the pursuers and etc etc.

Really alot of women are just selfish, they want to be treated special and be pursued but they wouldn't bother to treat the man special or make the man feel loved.

I have come to realise over the last few days that as a man you just have to accept it and get on with it. Unless you are extremely rich or good looking you will have to do the pursuing... I will from now on read the game and not let it bother me that I have to do all the work and initiate every contact, I'm gonna learn myself to like it basicly.

You are 16 years old and don't even date how in the Moderator cut: snip would you even have the slightest clue about the intimate and personal relationship between a man and a woman and when I say 'intimate' I'm not even referring to sex. How would you even know what 'women' do and there we go again with the sweeping generalizations.

Last edited by cricket_factor; 04-29-2010 at 01:37 PM..

Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 AM

Quote:

You are putting too much emphasis on money and looks. There are broke men who resemble LIL Wayne who are almost repopulating the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships