Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2010, 05:49 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times

Advertisements

I don't care to waste time pursuing any woman. Either you want to be with me or you don't...and I'm not talking about sex. When a woman wants me she'll let me know or I don't give a crap. How about them apples.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
Crunchay

Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,805,141 times
No seriously, playing head games is so highschool. I can tell when a woman is attracted to me, then I'll say something to her if the feeling is mutual. Otherwise I just pass them by as if they were a tree. Their loss, not mine.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:53 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
So you realize how many pitfalls guys have in the approaching world and why they may be snake bitten by doing all the approaching by things you mentioned that allot of women do

So i dont undertsand then why you cant see why some Men could still have interest in you yet be a little nervous and not go all in right away when theyve been snake bitten so many times

Put yourself in Mens shoes and what we go through trying to get women,its not easy

Id rather have the womens problem of whos number is given away then what we have..

We have to hope the women is interested in us,if she isnt we have to hope shes not a ***** who embarases us by walking away as soon as we approach..

We have to hope if we somehow get a number its real..

We have to hope they arent flirting just to play games with us and really have no interest
I don't understand why you can't type up your thoughts coherently.

And please, women have JUST as many problems and pitfalls as men do.

We have to worry about whether a guy likes us or just our ass.

We have to worry about whether a guy is lying his butt off just so he can get us to sleep with him.

We have to worry if he will call back after we sleep with him.

We have to worry about whether a guy is playing us.

We have to hope that we're not just a number on his belt.

We have to worry about whether the guy will even call our number.

We have to hope that the guy isn't immature enough to go tell every single person he knows the dirty details about a hook up (and then the subsequent harassment that often follows).

We have to question whether he's just leading us on just for his ego (yes, guys do this too).

We have to deal with seeing him all over this other girl when he was on a date with us last night.

Note: These are all general comments, not my personal rant lol. I needed to clarify that, although I have experienced a few of the milder ones on this list. I learned vicariously through some of my unfortunate friends who have dealt with all that's on this list and more.

Now, granted, I am speaking from a young adult perspective, but I know enough to realize that some men do NOT grow out of this type of behavior. So think twice next time before you weep about the woes of men. Girls have issues to deal with too, even if they're not of the same cloth as the ones of guys.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtneer View Post
You can certainly see the generational gap from these posts!

Personally I like the idea that the interested party give someone their number instead of the old fashioned approaching of asking for a number. Hasn't any women ever felt uncomfortable by some guys that will demand a number and you are scared to give it to them because you don't want a stalker or someone tracing your home phone number to your address and showing up at your door? I've been stalked several times and have had female friends who also have so I think its really a nice gesture if the guy offers his number.

It's also easier for everyone that you give your number out if you are interested and if they call or text back you know they are interested. By not asking for someone's number it saves face where someone who is not interested in dating, or is in a relationship, just started seeing someone else or is gay/lesbian does not feel like a cornered animal by having someone demand their number. Give the guy a break. I think the man's approach shows he is classy and sophisticated, but that's just my two cents.

PS: It may also be that he is shy. One really shy older man left his email address on my dryer at the laundrymat. That was totally okay with me but the creepy part is he set up a yahoo email address with my name in it because he had eavesdropped on me having a conversation with my neighbor in the laundryroom a few weeks before and learned my name.
I always give out email. Its just safer and easier. They could check where you live with that too but if you know how to do that. Nerdy turn on ahoy!

I am smack dab in the middle age wise of these posters. I think women of the 40+ generation got so many mixed signals from what is "proper" even they don't know what way is up anymore.

Not a insult to 40+ but sit down with your gram sometime and ask her about how relationships and rules of them.

Even my gram would laugh at how back then you only had "lady drinks" which was even a tad tawdry and had to sit ankles crossed NOT like a skank at the knee way etc etc etc. Talk about repression!

Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Ding Ding WWCD! Too much dating advice taken from Cosmo and the other self help books.
Cosmo is more entertaining to read than actually helpful. It's like cotton candy, but fluffier and with more sex. Half of their comments contradict each other!

That said, nothing kills time on the elliptical better than a copy of Cosmo.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I don't understand why you can't type up your thoughts coherently.

And please, women have JUST as many problems and pitfalls as men do.

We have to worry about whether a guy likes us or just our ass.

We have to worry about whether a guy is lying his butt off just so he can get us to sleep with him.

We have to worry if he will call back after we sleep with him.

We have to worry about whether a guy is playing us.

We have to hope that we're not just a number on his belt.

We have to worry about whether the guy will even call our number.

We have to hope that the guy isn't immature enough to go tell every single person he knows the dirty details about a hook up (and then the subsequent harassment that often follows).

We have to question whether he's just leading us on just for his ego (yes, guys do this too).

We have to deal with seeing him all over this other girl when he was on a date with us last night.

Note: These are all general comments, not my personal rant lol. I needed to clarify that, although I have experienced a few of the milder ones on this list. I learned vicariously through some of my unfortunate friends who have dealt with all that's on this list and more.

Now, granted, I am speaking from a young adult perspective, but I know enough to realize that some men do NOT grow out of this type of behavior. So think twice next time before you weep about the woes of men. Girls have issues to deal with too, even if they're not of the same cloth as the ones of guys.
Yeh...but I wonder if the emotional pain tolerance is higher for females than males just like body pain tolerance is.

I never worried about any of that. Guys are so easy to please compared to females. Plus its generally frowned upon for guys to be jerks when doing the turn down. But coming from a woman its "sassy". Girls will be SO mean. Guys just act cold. Thats not really creating a scene or being mean.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Yeh...but I wonder if the emotional pain tolerance is higher for females than males just like body pain tolerance is.

I never worried about any of that. Guys are so easy to please compared to females. Plus its generally frowned upon for guys to be jerks when doing the turn down. But coming from a woman its "sassy". Girls will be SO mean. Guys just act cold. Thats not really creating a scene or being mean.
I was referring more so to possible events that may ensue after the whole "asking out" thing. I suppose that period between "hello" and relationship. Yeah, guys aren't typically jerks to girls who ask them out. In fact, they quite like it lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:07 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Too much in this thread is about why men do this or that or what they are thinking or should be thinking. Or what they need to do or whatever.

Really I think it's the woman's issue if they are looking to attract someone to pursue them.

If they are not getting any interest they should look at a few things:

1. How approachable are you and what is the body language you are giving off? Do you look friendly, nice, open, happy and show interest in men? Or do you act like a grizzly bear, bristle with anger, attitude or fear?

2. How do you present yourself? Stretchy pants, ratty hair, overdone makeup, noxious perfumes, massive muffin tops, you get the picture. All are turn offs. A woman done up like a clown is a sign to me she is hiding something. Hillary Clinton pantsuits, hair buzz cuts, 4 inch heels, etc are signs of ball stomping feminism. Another turn off.

3. How do you look for your age? Too many wrinkles from sun beds, too many late nights, too many hydrogenated fats in your food, no exercise, too flabby, again you get the picture. If you don't look good, get busy getting your diet and exercise routine in place.

4. Are you gracious or are a witch when rejecting men? You can get away with being a ***** on spring break, but in a smaller community everyone knows who the nasty ******* are. Word gets around.

5. Do you give as much as you are given? SO MANY American women I find are completely lazy. They have expectations that a man is supposed to pursue, call, arrange dates, pay, etc. Sure I think it is great to call and set up dates, but also there has to be some interest shown back. Some kind of give and take or some enthusiasm. Women that lack passion, desire or enthusiasm get the boot completely.

One of the lessons I learned as a young male is that there is no such thing as "The One". Every woman I ever met that I thought was "The One", I always ended up finding someone better. The reality is that there is a billion single women out there in the world, hence plenty of supply. Woman try to convince men that isn't true as it suits their own self interest, but most men probably get by the time there are 30 that there are always plenty of single women out there.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM

17,210 posts, read 57,041,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
That pretty much sums it up.

I have to say that if a man is interested, he WILL pursue. If he doesn't pursue, than he is not that interested. Simple as that.

Well, if a man is interested in a Russian woman, he WILL pursue, because you ladies are worth the effort. Most Amerikankas are not, sad to say. (I'm using "Russian" to include all FSU countries, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, etc.)

The other guys like me with FSU SO's know what I am talking about, and know this is the truth.

The Beatles had it right back in the '60's - "they leave the West behind" !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships