Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,072,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Like I said, the degree does not give you wood. You agree.
Is wood the only thing you want?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2010, 09:43 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
Is wood the only thing you want?
I'm just talking about reality in a crude way. Men respond to you because they are generally attracted to you. It's not a degree that draws them in. They are not women.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:35 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,589,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have lost count of the number of times I see in a women;s ad that she has her bachelor's IN.... and has her masters IN...........

Who cares?????-lol Why in the world does a man need to know about what degrees you have? All you have to say is I went to college, that's it. Now it may come up in a conversation about what your degree is in but you don't have to mention it in your ad. Ladies we are not EMPLOYERS so stop with the degree talk.

I would feel so strange stating in a profile that I have a degree in..LOL
As with anything, people are interested in different things. Anyone writing a profile - yourself included - can't possibly write an ad that will include (or not include) things that will pique the interest of everyone who is reading it. If you don't care what degree they have - move on to the next profile. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be interested to know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Just bring the beer, ok?
Screw that...hard liquor!

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
As with anything, people are interested in different things. Anyone writing a profile - yourself included - can't possibly write an ad that will include (or not include) things that will pique the interest of everyone who is reading it. If you don't care what degree they have - move on to the next profile. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be interested to know....

Screw that...hard liquor!
Wigirl, we graduated to brown liquor early on in the thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:39 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times
At least it shows more sophistication, a ''I can do it myself'' feeling, and more topics to discuss (you can even used it to your advantage when disagreeing on something) rather than a poor woman who is waiting for her shiny knight to come to her rescue and doesn't know any topics at all.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:42 PM

2,382 posts, read 4,589,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Wigirl, we graduated to brown liquor early on in the thread
Yeah, I saw that after I posted my reply. My bad I suppose that means no drinks for me, huh?

Old 01-18-2010, 10:49 PM

2,383 posts, read 6,056,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I have to agree with TVSG on his post. If a lady really wants to attract a guy she should post her credit scores and portfolio balances.

She would have men beating down her door.
Your wrong! If a woman wants to attract a man she should post her height, weight, hair color, eye color and bra size!

Then move on to the credit scores and what-nots! lol!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
*Bops you on the noggin with a rolled up newspaper*

Sit, Ubu, sit.

As a former professional journalist, you'd better believe that I'd find her journalism degree interesting -- the journalism major more than the degree itself. A person's occupation or college major indicates a lot about them. And I wouldn't need to be impressed to contact someone on a dating board, just interested.

I met my late wife on a writers board. But I guess she wouldn't have interested you. You'd have considered her poetry a waste of time.

See, that's exactly WHY women should include college majors/degrees in their profile -- because there are men whom it would interest, and those are the men who the gal would most likely have the most interest. My late wife liked me, the Bohemian/artist/writer, but she'd have had little interest in a biologist or accountant.

I've never posted a profile on a dating site, but if I did I'd want to write it to attract certain women who I'd want to meet, not ALL women. Heck, if I wanted to do that, all I'd have to do is flash my bald head and beer belly and they'd all come running. (Did I really say that?)
I'm with this. I'd post the educational info (if I did a dating site) because I'd sure want to weed out the guys who weren't interested in that part of me and now, knowing that it is the one thing that DISattracts TVboy, I'd make it the #1 bit of info. I don't want an anti-intellectual on a date. Guys like that are good for one thing only, a piece of wood -- and if the wood ain't good, then maybe staying home to watch sports on TV is a good idea.

Old 01-19-2010, 05:14 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,421,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I have lost count of the number of times I see in a women;s ad that she has her bachelor's IN.... and has her masters IN...........

Who cares?????-lol Why in the world does a man need to know about what degrees you have? All you have to say is I went to college, that's it. Now it may come up in a conversation about what your degree is in but you don't have to mention it in your ad. Ladies we are not EMPLOYERS so stop with the degree talk.

I would feel so strange stating in a profile that I have a degree in..LOL
I just about disagree with every post you make and no different here

Old 01-19-2010, 05:27 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
Am I the only one that is coming across a lot of women in their late 20s and early 30s that have been in college for like the last 12 years?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships