Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 07:50 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,398,043 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post

If you get one of the cupcake transporter devices, I think they're Cup-A-Cake holders, just get blue or clear.

LOL...I find it fascinating that you know what a Cup-A-Cake holder is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:51 AM

Bring cupcakes, but I'd bring more than one. I'd bring 4 or so.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:53 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,892,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I never knew one cupcake could raise so much debate and insight
A debate over baked goods and their implication in the bigger scheme of things...

If any "man" was offended or stand-offish because I brought him a cupcake that I happened to make and thought he might enjoy, after that incident I wouldn't put one more minute of effort into talking to him, saying hello, thinking about him. Big Red Flag.

Life is too short, Girls!

Last edited by cricket_factor; 01-19-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 08:18 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
LOL...I find it fascinating that you know what a Cup-A-Cake holder is.
I agree! I hadn't even heard of the damn things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Whatever you do, don't bring him a lightbulb LMAO..... HAHAHA (see other post "this is all moving too fast" to see what I'm talking about)

Old 01-19-2010, 08:23 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
Is bringing a guy on the 2nd date a homemade cupcake too soon?
OMG Naomi it is waaaaay too soon to do that. Guys all know that if a girl gives us cupcakes on the second date that soon thereafter she'll be talking baby and marriage. In that order. Dont do it, that is just waaaaaaay overboard and will likely scare the guy off.

Im just kidding. Nothing wrong with cupcakes, just dont write anything cheesy on them. Actually, just be sure NOT TO WRITE ANYTHING on it. Just give him a cupcake, no messages spelled out in icing, not even a "thank you" on it. Just give him the cupcake.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:25 AM

2,382 posts, read 4,591,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
If you didn't make them FOR him, I don't think it's a big deal. I would just make it clear to him, but in a casual way, that you did not make them especially for him - I'd say something like "Oh I made some cupcakes for myself, would you like one?"
I agree with this approach...though I'd probably say something more along the lines of "I made this huge batch of cupcakes and I can't eat them all...have a couple so I don't end up tossing them in the trash."

Old 01-19-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I agree with this approach...though I'd probably say something more along the lines of "I made this huge batch of cupcakes and I can't eat them all...have a couple so I don't end up tossing them in the trash."
That's my rational, that's why I suggested more than 1. It shows thoughtfulness, but yet not too much thought. If you bring just one, it's kind of like "I made this cupcake just for you."

Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,024,908 times
Ugh, all of this over thought over housewares and food. I hope I never have to date again.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
That's my rational, that's why I suggested more than 1. It shows thoughtfulness, but yet not too much thought. If you bring just one, it's kind of like "I made this cupcake just for you."
And what's wrong with that? I'm not a mushy person that needs notes in my lunch to feel special, but if somebody made me a cupcake I'd think highly of it.

Hedging your bet against rejection kind of makes it feel lame. "Oh jeez thanks for the cupcake you were just gonna chuck anyways. If you have some old newspapers laying around at home, can I read those, as well?"

I say put yourself out there. If a guy is going to think you are a stalker for making a cup cake, find a new guy.

Old 01-19-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
And what's wrong with that? I'm not a mushy person that needs notes in my lunch to feel special, but if somebody made me a cupcake I'd think highly of it.

Hedging your bet against rejection kind of makes it feel lame. "Oh jeez thanks for the cupcake you were just gonna chuck anyways. If you have some old newspapers laying around at home, can I read those, as well?"

I say put yourself out there. If a guy is going to think you are a stalker for making a cup cake, find a new guy.
That's why I didn't bold the part about the cupcakes going into the trash because than that takes away from the thoughtfulness. My approach would be "I made some cupcakes last night and thought you might like some" and I would leave it at that. And I would most definitely bring 4-6, not just one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships