U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 09:20 PM

2,035 posts, read 4,395,928 times

Advertisements

Yes,^^ this is a great post!!

Old 01-21-2010, 09:50 PM

56 posts, read 119,006 times
Talking lmao.... oh please....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality, they care about the total person and not just the physical package, blah blah.

That is such a load of BULL! In my experiences women are looks obsessed. As a young man, I was very similiar in appearance to my younger brother. Same height, hair color, similar facial features. The main difference was that he was muscular and a body builder type and I had a slender build. Guess who got all the female attention? And he didn't have a great personality. He was just as dull as I was! All the women fixated on were his big muscles.

My girlfriend is a nurse and works in an old folks home. She's worked in these places for 20 years and she says the old men are ignored by the old women. The old gals fall all over themselves flirting with the "young" 40 and 50 year old staff members and visitors. The poor old men just want some attention and affection and can't get any.

I work at a community center/health facility. The older females here, usually in their 40's and 50's, make fools of themselves propositioning and flirting with the young studs that frequent the place. They won't have anything to do with the perfectly decent middle age guys that come here. Meanwhile, the young guys are laughing at these women behind their backs. I know because they ridicule these gals to me.

Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.
lol....like men are any different.... you can take a tall woman with huge boobs and blond hair in 6 inch high heels- dumb as all get out and the other one is short , plain look but is crazy smart and funny...lets see which one gets more attention from you men! lol.... quit whining. It's clear that you want to be noticed more. if so change yourself. if not ....oh well. Besides it's human nature to want the best in a "mate". Women want a strong, manly, sexy guy. Men want that sexy, tall, perfect woman.

It's already been shown that if you put a group of men and women together in one room and make them pick who they would go out with, the 10's pick the 10's and so on down the line. It's just life. if you want a hottie , lift some weights...

i'm no different , my fiance is hot as hell. but i got lucky and he's wicked smart and funny.

If you could pull a model, you know you would go for it. so don't think men are any different than we are.

P.s. .... If you were an old person would you rather get a good "ride" from some sexy 20 yr old or one who can't perform?! lol..... yeah i think we all know that answer.... lol

Old 01-21-2010, 10:29 PM

15,596 posts, read 34,421,690 times
My wife...who happens to be drop dead gorgeous...married me...who happens to not be. So I think your claim is false. Don't judge all women by the shenanigans that go on in a nursing home. For crying out loud.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 AM

3,060 posts, read 6,902,404 times
Quote:
If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality....
Women, I think it's fine to be attracted to a great face and body. We men are the same way. Just get off your high horses and admit it.
Not all women are hypocrites
I definitely find younger men more attractive than older men.
I am attracted to a great face and body. Give me a chiseled bod over a skinny one any day.

Quote:
My girlfriend is a nurse and works in an old folks home. She's worked in these places for 20 years and she says the old men are ignored by the old women. The old gals fall all over themselves flirting with the "young" 40 and 50 year old staff members and visitors. The poor old men just want some attention and affection and can't get any.
Hmmm . . . . sounds like what goes around comes around?

Quote:
. . . The older females here, usually in their 40's and 50's, make fools of themselves propositioning and flirting with the young studs that frequent the place. They won't have anything to do with the perfectly decent middle age guys that come here. Meanwhile, the young guys are laughing at these women behind their backs. I know because they ridicule these gals to me.
And this scenario is played out every day everywhere with the genders reversed. It's called human nature.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 7,556,138 times
Quote:
If you read these threads and other outlets, women constantly claim looks are not as important as personality, they care about the total person and not just the physical package.......
Your analysis is too one-dimensional. There are three elements to “what women want”. These are desires, needs and expectations.

For most women, their desires are not that different from men’s, but subtlety different. There are three main things they desire but they are often unwilling to come out and clearly state the first two of them, because in context of the feminist movement, it puts them in a less than flattering light.

Like men, women value physical appearance. However they are willing to compromise somewhat for someone who excels in the other areas.

Women also want (at least the appearance of) financial success in a man, although this varies considerably by the class of woman you are dealing with and their perceived bargaining position. Women usually demand much more financially from a man than they offer in return, but they are often conned, too.

Unlike the above two, the third attribute is often stated and demanded quite emphatically – they want a man with “confidence”! However, this is not the dictionary definition. What they are describing a man who has enough experience and success with women that he exudes a cockiness that puts them on the defensive. Upon experiencing this, they know that they have a man who has been vetted by other women and is in demand by them. This makes him very attractive and they don’t want to be embarrassed, by losing him too easily.

Needs, another superficial attribute, is the next stage that must be addressed. A man who satisfies women’s wants will be on the fast track if he can follow through and meet her needs. At the most basic level, these are an extension of the three desires described above. Therefore, it helps a lot if he is good looking but is also willing to be seen with her in public, not only has money but is willing to spend it lavishly on her and uses his confidence to build her up, while denigrating her rivals. However, many men have found that, if they meet women’s “wants”, they can string them along for a considerable time, without meeting their needs.

Other needs that are often important to address, are things such as constantly complimenting them on their looks – many women crave such attention - and regularly showing them that you are thinking of them, with attention and gifts. Providing status and inducing envy in their girlfriends are also needs to be met.

For most women, expectations are the forgotten stepchild of relationship building. They seldom give it much thought, while dating a man who they desire and who is satisfying their needs. (and usually rewarded with passionate sex, in the process)

Men who have little success attracting women, should be forgiven for misunderstanding this phenomenon, because for the past 40 years, thanks to modern feminism, they have been bombarded with incorrect information from studies written up in the mainstream media. Sociologists, wanting to understand the extremely high divorce rates, located those women who were initiating most divorce, sat them down with a cup of coffee in focus groups and asked them why. This created group think and an unwillingness to confront the real issues, for fear of looking shallow.

Basically, what researchers were told was that women divorced because their ex-husbands (who met their wants and needs before they wed) did not meet their expectations after marriage. Long lists of the failings and shortcomings in men were prepared and analyzed in these studies. It was never questioned why women overlooked these things, prior to marriage. People who do this are tagged as misogynists, a liability in academia!

The press then communicated this to the public and less desirable men eagerly consumed this pap. After reading and absorbing these articles, they then said; “Obviously, I can do better.” Unfortunately, women are usually at least 45 before they see the importance of expectations and even then, they still have strong conflicting emotions, telling them they must have their wants and needs fulfilled first. However, women of that age can always pick the guys who their daughters should be going after – the kiss of death for these poor guys!

Finally, it’s an incredible fluke, when men who are good at meeting women’s desires and needs, can also then meet their expectations.

And why should they? They’ve been bombarded by the affections of eligible women, from an early age until one actually convinces them to sign away their future through marriage. Being a lazy slob, a philanderer, unreliable, immature or a host of other complaints was not an issue of concern for women, before marriage, because those women, who were attracted to them, were eager and willing to overlook their obvious flaws. Then, once they are married and expectations are unfulfilled, passionate sex is quickly withdrawn, as a behaviour modification technique. Of course, now it is the man’s expectations that are not being fulfilled!

Old 01-22-2010, 01:34 AM

146 posts, read 223,298 times
Looks are what attracts me to a man initially and personality is what keeps me interested.

Those women you mention are just flirting and aren't looking for a life partner. Accordingly, they are most likely interacting with good looking guys to validate their own sense of attractiveness. We women do that sometimes.

I see more men than women shopping for overseas partners. I see more older men than women flashing their cash to keep a young thing on their arm. Sure we are seeing the rise of the 'cougar' phenomena in recent times, but most mature women aren't deluded when it comes to hot young men. We know it's just fun and sex.

You will notice that when it comes to relationships, women require more than looks to keep them satisfied. No wonder we don't import husbands who can't speak English!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:16 AM

22,770 posts, read 25,001,560 times
I think people are reading the OP's strongly-worded thread title, and not his post. I can identify with what he is saying about the gap between what women want, and what women typically claim they want. When it comes to hard decisions, people rationalize by default, and women are especially bad with this. I realize that is a blantant gender bias, but it is what I have observed and it is what I believe.

Last edited by le roi; 01-22-2010 at 05:06 AM..

Old 01-22-2010, 07:28 AM

21,279 posts, read 22,449,409 times
I don't think any woman on this thread or in the world would deny that she enjoys looking at a nice-looking man. When it comes to a long-term partner, if looks are all he's bringing to the table, that's not going to be enough. More men than women will choose a partner solely for appearance.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:49 AM

5,077 posts, read 12,635,534 times
I'll be the first to admit it LOL - I want a good looking man. I'm a good looking woman, I know looks are the first line of defense whenyou meet someone and yes, people (including men) deny it until they are blue but facts ar facts.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 AM

3,685 posts, read 4,094,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think any woman on this thread or in the world would deny that she enjoys looking at a nice-looking man. When it comes to a long-term partner, if looks are all he's bringing to the table, that's not going to be enough. More men than women will choose a partner solely for appearance.

That's pretty presumptive, given that you clearly disagree with the OP's statement. Are you suggesting that women are above this sort of pettiness in the selection of a long-term partner, or somehow more noble about the selection process than men, with more of an eye for "what REALLY matters"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships