U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2010, 04:17 PM

2,691 posts, read 2,370,942 times
Default 10 Things that break up a relationship

Just found this excellent article on relationships. Great info and food for thought. Why Couples Break Up – 10 Types of Relationship Problems
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2012, 11:51 AM

2,691 posts, read 2,370,942 times
Default UPDATE on link

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Just found this excellent article on relationships. Great info and food for thought. Why Couples Break Up – 10 Types of Relationship Problems

New link for the above article -- they archived it, but it's still a great article
Why Couples Break Up

Old 10-02-2012, 03:01 PM

7,065 posts, read 5,033,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
New link for the above article -- they archived it, but it's still a great article
Why Couples Break Up
I saw only 4 listed. The article was good up until then though. Lying and cheating are the obvious ones, As that destroys trust that is difficult to regain. Jealousy that is unwarranted causes a divide between people as well. One goes on the offensive and the other has to reassure that person the jealousy is unfounded-If this is indeed the case. I will add money squabbles and major lifestyles to this as well. Money is one of the biggest sources of marital/cohabitive discourse when it applies. How to raise children if any as well. Substance and alcohol abuse can do this as well. Sometimes, People grow apart after many years or even sooner and none of the things that (likely) would be listed in an article like this applies. We have all heard of couples that might be together 20 years that get divorced-Despite no hatred, fighting or anything like that. They just faded. Older empty nesters may commonly get this.

I guess the point is there will usually always be issues, And sometimes handling them fairly, The couple treating each other as partners and not combatants can resolve issues. At any rate, It sucks when 2 people who were so in love become at odds. But it is a part of our life as social beings, And without risking this we would all be alone.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:58 PM

2,095 posts, read 1,249,463 times
Is this based on anything scientific or just anecdotal evidence/observation?

Not that I disagree with the few that I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships