Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:31 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The opposite of an alpha personality is being a submissive personality. And that doesn't have anything to do with the definition of "clingy". If the O..P. were an alpha female, she might prefer a submissive personality male so that her authority is never questioned. But by wanting a clingy male, I'd say that she has issues of being afraid of her man abandoning her. Maybe in her past relationships, she has always been dumped by her boyfriends. So by choosing a clingy male, she thinks that he will never want to leave her. As another poster suggested, she could look to date men that are less attractive or poorer than she is. She needs to date beneath her.
That makes sense as to why the OP would want a clingy man so that if there's a break-up, she gets to be the dumper. At the same time, she doesn't want a man arguing when there are differences nor opposing her demands.
Well if choosing between being dumped or being the dumper, I'm sure we all want to be the dumper. This is similar to the situation where an aggressive alpha male would choose a quiet submissive woman (typically a woman with low self-esteem). Otherwise would a nasty tramp who slept around, gold-digger or one that cheats on every boyfriend go with him?? I doubt it so sometimes opposites do attract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 06:33 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
"But did you hear abour our sale of the day? "
"Can I have your zip code please, Sir?" H*** no!

Old 01-24-2010, 06:44 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,242 times
WOW. You want a needy guy? You will regret that. No one wants to be with someone clingy. You cant be that desperate.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:49 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
WOW. You want a needy guy? You will regret that. No one wants to be with someone clingy. You cant be that desperate.
Couldn't have said it better but maybe the OP doesn't want someone that can put her in her place when the demands get too high or too many rules are place. Another guess is that maybe there were dominant females in her household when the OP was a kid and she's copying everything she saw.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I want to be needed--if I don't serve a purpose in her life, if I'm not indispensable, why should she want me around?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Wanting to be needed is not the same thing as needy.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
Agree with miu. LOL Why on earth would anyone male or female want to be with a clingy / overly dependent partner?

I learned this summer that there are women out there who DO want a clingy man to spend every waking moment with. My roommate found one and he's clingy and she loves it. I personally can't spend that much time with someone without getting sick of them. I need my space for sure, but everyone is different.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,637,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I learned this summer that there are women out there who DO want a clingy man to spend every waking moment with. My roommate found one and he's clingy and she loves it. I personally can't spend that much time with someone without getting sick of them. I need my space for sure, but everyone is different.
The eight plus hours I spend at work five days a week is plenty of time to be separated from my partner. Plus the two hours transit time, that only gives us 14 hours a day, and I have to sleep at least 4 of those.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:24 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
Sigh. You've all missed the point. She said, "at least clingy men show emotions." She's just venting as she'd recently had a fight with a SO or whatever.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:03 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,384,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Find a guy "below your station". If you are an 8, find a 3 or 4. Make sure he has less education, less money and looks up to you. If he had a controlling mother, all the better.
LOL.

Well in theory that may work, it is true that a guy can become whooped by T&A. But, in my case for instance.....

I don't know what I would be "rated" as far as a number goes I guess , I know I am not a 10, I am not financially rich and I am not a universal appealing hunk. However if I were to hook up with a "dream woman" while I might be forgiving to a extent because, the idea that a guy who is a 4 or 5 with a female who is a 8 will kiss her arse because is wrong.

While a guy might not want to loose that choice piece, I wouldn't put up with nagging, controling or expecting me to kiss arse or having her constantly mess with other guys. F that.......

In my past there have been a couple times I went out or dated females who were honestly, more than what I thought I would attract. When we out to clubs and stuff I constantly would have to deal with guys hitting on them, all I had to do was walk to the bar, talk to someone else for a few or hit the rest room and usually when I came back another guy was trying to move in. I was cool with it mostly but it does get on your nerves after a bit. I did started getting a bit jealous at times, when it happens that often it wears you down specially when you see a good looking guy trying sly behind your back and nab your girl.

But if a woman starts taking advantage and coming down on a guy knowing she has goods that are a hot commodity and she knows he really wants to keep her thus will do her bidding it doesn't matter, better to tell her off than put up with that power trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships