Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 08:23 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is a woman a gold digger who simply wants the wealthiest man (best provider) that her looks/education/family or social connections can attract?

Why do men with nothing (or very little) to offer believe that they deserve (or are entitled) to date/marry extremely attractive women?
Can somebody explain that whole "deserve" part for me because I never understood how idiots that even beat their women get to keep em, because they "aren't like that all of the time"...
While some hardworking familyproviders get cheated on and manytimes left alone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 09:00 AM

1,057 posts, read 2,010,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
But my question is how do such women do it?
Alcohol and pills.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:15 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I can say this from my personal experience..One of my ex's was extremely wealthy and not good looking in anyway. At first, yes it was about the money but then we just completely clicked in all aspects and that made him attractive to me. He took very good care of me and I took very good care of him back.

It's a shame it didn't work out but we're still friends today

Old 01-23-2010, 01:54 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,302,953 times
I would guess they do it the way prostitutes do it, but maybe after time with some feeling - hopefully?

When you have a wealthy older man dating a girl 20-30 years his junior with very little life experiences or interests in common - You've got quid pro quo - No surprises - no illusions -

Yeah call her a gold-digger - but let's not forget to call him out for what he is - a Megalomaniac and manipulative man that needs to pay for the privilege of having a young beautiful woman by his side - his new little toy to feed his dwindling ****

Like I said Quid Pro Quoi

Old 01-25-2010, 07:45 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,719,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I would guess they do it the way prostitutes do it, but maybe after time with some feeling - hopefully?

When you have a wealthy older man dating a girl 20-30 years his junior with very little life experiences or interests in common - You've got quid pro quo - No surprises - no illusions -

Yeah call her a gold-digger - but let's not forget to call him out for what he is - a Megalomaniac and manipulative man that needs to pay for the privilege of having a young beautiful woman by his side - his new little toy to feed his dwindling ****

Like I said Quid Pro Quoi
Yeah, or a pedophile who is finally old enough that his child victims are of legal age. It's funny how that works. The ped. can finally date/have sex with someone 30-40 years younger and doesn't get thrown in prison. A pedophile's dream.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:53 AM

930 posts, read 2,422,640 times
Quote:
There's no shortage of women out there who will choose to be with a guy for his money. It's sad and I don't believe all women are like this. But my question is how do such women do it? For example, when I see men like Rush Limbaugh and see that he has a GF, my first thought is "how is she not repulsed by him?" I'm not talking about his personality or the offensive things that come out of his mouth. I'm just talking physically. Most men I know would never be able to sleep with a woman who they found physically repulsive, no matter how wonderful a person she is. But for a woman to sleep with an ugly, obese man because he spends lots of money on her...what do they do? Close their eyes and see dollar signs? Pretend it's someone else? Just lay there and wait til it's over? Us men have a reputation for being pretty shallow. And a lot of guys will sleep with a really hot woman even if she has a lousy personality. But at least those guys don't have to force themselves to be physically attracted to the person. I know I can't force myself to be physically attracted to someone. Money is great, but can it really turn on those women like that? I never knew hormones and erogenous zones respond to money.
Wow Denny. Might be your first post we ever completely agreed on.

Gold digger lets Rush Limbaugh bang her by closing eyes, gritting teeth, and thinking about Hans at the gym.

Later she bangs Hans in the back of his volkswagen and fantasizes she is in Rush Limbaugh's Bentley.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:12 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
There's no shortage of women out there who will choose to be with a guy for his money. It's sad and I don't believe all women are like this. But my question is how do such women do it? For example, when I see men like Rush Limbaugh and see that he has a GF, my first thought is "how is she not repulsed by him?" I'm not talking about his personality or the offensive things that come out of his mouth. I'm just talking physically. Most men I know would never be able to sleep with a woman who they found physically repulsive, no matter how wonderful a person she is. But for a woman to sleep with an ugly, obese man because he spends lots of money on her...what do they do? Close their eyes and see dollar signs? Pretend it's someone else? Just lay there and wait til it's over? Us men have a reputation for being pretty shallow. And a lot of guys will sleep with a really hot woman even if she has a lousy personality. But at least those guys don't have to force themselves to be physically attracted to the person. I know I can't force myself to be physically attracted to someone. Money is great, but can it really turn on those women like that? I never knew hormones and erogenous zones respond to money.
Women IN GENERAL aren't as hung up on looks as men are. Guys that are interesting, funny etc. can do very very well with the ladies. Look at some of the husbands of super models. The singers Seal, Rik Ocasik (spelling)...David Spade dated heather Locklear and so on and so forth.

Also, there are different types of "gold diggers". There are any number of gals that have attached themselves to the right people to further their careers. (Mariah Carey, Carmen Electra, all the gals hanging out with Hugh Hefner etc. etc. etc.)

There are also male gold-diggers, no question about it, I've heard this is more prevalent in the retiree circles where the gals will chase the decent, single guys that are alive at that age.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
I think they are many more than you think. I personally know 3 professional footballers. 1 is a devoted family man and the other 2 are young men [23-24] and the amount of women who throws themselves at them and would do anything to be with them is uncountable. I have attended and seen what goes on at their parties and gatherings these guys throw. I have been out with them just for a bit of shopping in broad daylight, and the women just swarm to them like a magnet.

And the worst part is that these guys treat these women like dirty objects and nothing else and yet they keep coming back for more & more. Obviously those women are losers with no class, but there are actually many women who are like that. Not saying it's a majority, but it's more than people think.

Beauty [or ugliness] is subjective, I agree, but I think it's universally accepted that someone like Lil Wayne is butt ugly, no two ways about it. And he gets women so beautiful that I could only dream of getting. You don't see men queuing up to date Rosie O'Donnell and women of her appearance, regardless how rich they are. I know Rosie is lesbian, but I took her appearance as an example.

yep

Old 01-25-2010, 03:56 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Quote:
I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Who can say what makes someone attacked to another. Just because u can't see the reasons for attraction does not mean it's not genuine. Sure there r gold-diggers out there both male and female. A man who is attracted to a woman just because of her physical attributes is not better than a woman attracted to a man for his financial ones. Physical beauty is always going to change, but what's on the inside of a person not so much. U need someone u can stomach on the inside too...

Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,396,905 times
Women that are golddiggers are shallow and have nothing else going for them. While it's not all women, I know of too many that are, (golddiggers). Why is it part of today's culture that someone who isn't in a high income bracket is looked upon like they have the plague? Not everyone is meant to make lots of money. Whatever happened to honest and hard working?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships