U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-24-2010, 10:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,988,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Don't get it on my nice dress shirt when you do.

Women aren't expected to pay for the first couple of dates, but they should at least start showing that they would be willing to pay by the end of the couple dates.

I don't know where you live, but a cup of coffee here is 3 something. Double that and it's $6. Renting a pool table is pretty pricey too with about $20. And eating out with friends? If they were going to a restaurant, that's another $30 right there. Total is about $60.

Whose's cheap now? Thought so

And fyi, no man would want to date you either
UUuuuu, 6 bucks for coffee!!! 20 bucks for pool!
Look if the dude doesn't have money, that's fine. My husband also didn't roll in in a BMW when we started dating.
My comments come from the general idea I get from this thread, from all the comments that men make here (like she should be paying for the fourth date). Like, are you serious?
"At least start showing they are willing to pay" is not what was originally said here.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 9,988,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
Man, I'm glad the women I know don't pull this princess complex crap. Many women I know have made a lot of effort to make me feel wanted and appreciated, after I done it for them. It's a two-way street. But loads of women out there just want to take take take take, but not give anything. Then again, I can spot a quality woman from a cheapskate loser woman who just want to be put on a pedestal because she has a vagina.
Another pile of crap, sorry.
If a woman wants a nice date, she is princess who only wants wants wants...
Well, that reminds me why I chose an older man for my husband. Haven't dated anyone your age my friend, since 18. Now, I remember why.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:53 PM

27,237 posts, read 26,818,051 times
Not me. Never said that she had to pay. Just that a date didn't have to cost a lot of money to be worthwhile.

I remember meeting my last steady girlfriend--we sat at her place and talked for 12 hours!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:58 PM

33,718 posts, read 19,795,616 times
My dates can be simple as well. Dating is expensive when you go out alot and agree to go dutch.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:00 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,227,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Another pile of crap, sorry.
If a woman wants a nice date, she is princess who only wants wants wants...
Well, that reminds me why I chose an older man for my husband. Haven't dated anyone your age my friend, since 18. Now, I remember why.
I understand women wants to feel treated nicely, and feel appreciated and cared for. But men want that too. You seem to think that only women deserve to be taken out and be treated with nice dinners. What are women supposed to do to make their men feel appreciated and cared for? After the man has taken her out 4 times, it's about time the woman does something in return. If not, I'm not cos its a big red flag, cos she's all me me me, take take take. I want to feel wanted as well.

And FYI, Ive said it many times, there is NO rule book in dating. You seem to be taking this very personal.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM

5,148 posts, read 1,777,205 times
Quote:
I understand women wants to feel treated nicely, and feel appreciated and cared for. But men want that too. You seem to think that only women deserve to be taken out and be treated with nice dinners. What are women supposed to do to make their men feel appreciated and cared for.

And FYI, Ive said it many times, there is NO rule book in dating. You seem to be taking this very personal.
There is a holiday out there called Steak and BJ day. March 14th it is.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
I understand women wants to feel treated nicely, and feel appreciated and cared for. But men want that too. You seem to think that only women deserve to be taken out and be treated with nice dinners. What are women supposed to do to make their men feel appreciated and cared for? After the man has taken her out 4 times, it's about time the woman does something in return. If not, I'm not cos its a big red flag, cos she's all me me me, take take take. I want to feel wanted as well.

Many men are willing to fork out the money in the beginning on dates, in hopes to get some in return. If it doesn't happen after awhile they move on to a willing broad.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:04 PM

27,237 posts, read 26,818,051 times
How does that go?

"I'll shine up my old brown shoes, put on a brand new shirt
Get in a perfect world, if you say, that you love me..."

Maybe you got to tell him you love him first.

Old 01-24-2010, 11:06 PM

1,125 posts, read 1,227,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Many men are willing to fork out the money in the beginning on dates, in hopes to get some in return. If it doesn't happen after awhile they move on to a willing broad.
If I wanted a quick shag, I could get that instantly without paying a penny - all I gotta do is chat up random slags at the nearest pub/bar. No problems. That is not the issue at hand here.

But if Im investing time and money into a woman I like then I hope she reciprocate the effort that I make to make her feel good and treating her with nice dinners etc.?

I mean, can you women at least see where men are coming from in regards to this?

Old 01-24-2010, 11:12 PM

Quote:
If I wanted a quick shag, I could get that instantly without paying a penny - all I gotta do is chat up random slags at the nearest pub/bar. No problems. That is not the issue at hand here.

But if Im investing time and money into a woman I like then I hope she reciprocate the effort that I make to make her feel good and treating her with nice dinners etc.?

I mean, can you women at least see where men are coming from in regards to this?
Yes I do..."Just a Spot of tea?" gets costly after awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships