Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 01:17 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,215,832 times

Advertisements

Hmmm....well its 2010 here and raining.

How's the air in lala land where you think you get good things for free or cheap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 01:18 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiama View Post
so guys are expecting women to pay for dates half-half???

don't they have
some pride?? you are a man, then be a man! dont be cheap
This is the year 2010 sweetie. If that's how you think things should be, you may be want to try dating someone over 45. In this time and especially this economy you should be wiliing to give as good as you get. A relationship is a partnership that starts on the first date. If you're not up for that you're the one that probably needs training if you want to be with someone of substance.

How old is the guy? Does he make a good living? Is he paying of tons of student loans or something? Does he have kids and pays lots of child support?
Just saying, "I'm a princess and I need to be treated as such" isn't going to get you too far unless you accidentally get pregnant by a doctor and he makes the sad mistake of marrying you.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:18 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,644,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Hey guys...take notes

Look what you have to do to rise above your competition...

Pay for dinner

*gasp*

Freakin easy dudes!
If it'll get you to put out on the first date, then I'll be glad to pay for dinner on the first date

Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,215,832 times
Sorry my vajay-jay is worth more than one dinner. No go. I think everyone's vajay-jay is for that matter. I would hope that the male would have more self respect for thier own body too.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Sorry my vajay-jay is worth more than one dinner. No go. I think everyone's vajay-jay is for that matter. I would hope that the male would have more self respect for thier own body too.
If he hasn't put the moves onto her by the 3rd date, I think she found herself a keeper..

Personally, I would stop acting like a gentleman when the lady stops acting like a lady

Old 01-24-2010, 01:28 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,358,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
Nothing wrong with a woman paying sometimes. This happens in the real world

And PS: There's more to being a man than paying for dinner, for crying out loud.
No-no-no.
No woman should be paying on the fourth date. Sorry.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
No-no-no.
No woman should be paying on the fourth date. Sorry.
That woman shouldn't be going to that fourth date then. Sorry.

If you don't take the initiative to at least attempt to pay by the fourth date, then you'll be dumped as men are observant, especially when they are throwing out lots of dough through the door Unless of course, you are a gold digger or looking for a sugar daddy.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:35 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,358,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post

If you don't take the initiative to at least attempt to pay by the fourth date, then you'll be dumped as men are observant, especially when they are throwing out lots of dough through the door Unless of course, you are a gold digger or looking for a sugar daddy.
This is such bull****, I want to throw up. What is going on in the dating world nowdays? Women are EXPECTED to pay for the fourth date? And if she doesn't, then she is a gold-digger. Wow, some men are real piece of work here on this forum.
This dude is cheap. Coffee, pool and all that is not putting out lots of dough. Taking a woman to a nice restaurant is not out of ordinary. It's part of a nice dating process. Nothing like a nice meal and a beautiful conversation. What kind of cheapskates do I see here? Damn, I wouldn't date any of ya if I was single.

Damn, what I see here on this forum lately, is bunch of dudes who are afraid to approach a woman, immediately jump to conclusions that if a woman wants a nice date, she is a gold digger and all that nonsense. Grow up and become MEN for crying out loud.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:37 PM

23 posts, read 32,825 times
Quote:
How's the air in lala land where you think you get good things for free or cheap?
"Lala land"? Oh honey, if you feel that a man living here in 2010 belongs in "Lala land" because he expects his girlfriend to give as much as she gets and for their relationship to be one that's based on mutual respect...I don't know what to tell you.

Maybe you'd have more success dating by going back a few... centuries to a time when gender roles were more concrete.

Old 01-24-2010, 01:38 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post

To be fair, he hasn't been throwing around lots of dough. She is giving him a good idea of what it would be like to be with her in the long run though if she is so selfish she can't pay for a fricken movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships