Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 PM

51 posts, read 89,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I am not a gold digger or a taker. Get over it

Well I guess OP you weeded out a guy that wants some cheap easy sex at his house during a movie.

bravo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
So is this the same guy you posted about a few days ago who you have known for 5 months and are having a long distance relationship with? The guy who gave you pajamas for a gift, along with a card, and signed it "To my one and only"?

nope different one

Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
This is such bull****, I want to throw up. What is going on in the dating world nowdays? Women are EXPECTED to pay for the fourth date? And if she doesn't, then she is a gold-digger. Wow, some men are real piece of work here on this forum.
This dude is cheap. Coffee, pool and all that is not putting out lots of dough. Taking a woman to a nice restaurant is not out of ordinary. It's part of a nice dating process. Nothing like a nice meal and a beautiful conversation. What kind of cheapskates do I see here? Damn, I wouldn't date any of ya if I was single.

Damn, what I see here on this forum lately, is bunch of dudes who are afraid to approach a woman, immediately jump to conclusions that if a woman wants a nice date, she is a gold digger and all that nonsense. Grow up and become MEN for crying out loud.

yes, b/c guys who can not even afford a nice dinner are afraid of admitting their incapability of being financially dependable

Old 01-24-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Lune View Post
Well, the OPer's attitude in these 9 pages showed that she is a quite a nasty woman with a -treat me like a queen because I'm a woman and hear me roar- complex. Thank goodness I'm attracted more to men than woman

There are so many variables in this that the OPer forgot to include:
-Financial status of the boy toy
-Personality of the boy toy
-More details on the first 3 dates

If the man paid for everything in those first 3 dates and it racked up a lot of dough (going to a pool hall is expensive...), the woman better start sporting some of her dough for the next date.

The thing I can't stand about the OPer is that she thinks she deserves to be treated well, but can act like a total ****** about it. Do your part and show your man that you like him by treating him out! It's not a one way street only!! If you still have the -men are suppose to sport everything- complex, then you'll only attract men who will beat the ***** out of you.

Don't be cheap and expect the man to continue treating you to things without returning the favor. An ice cream social is like what, 10 bucks? A high class hooker would probably be more nice and cost less in the long run if you continue this attitude of yours.

If you don't like the movie and is afraid of getting molested/raped, then suggest something else in a public place.

A tip: Watch what you say next time in an internet forum as you are coming off high and mighty and a total ******.

Anyone else thinks we should stalk her boyfriend and show him what she said about him?

wow...playing pool is too expensive? are you on income assistance??

Old 01-24-2010, 09:07 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
he wants to see if you can cook...

just kidding--you know, there is no need to spend a lot of money on a date. Instead of shelling out for two tickets and overpriced food, he's offering a movie at his place, that can be paused if you need to get up in the middle of it to use the facilities...

just because it's his house, it doesn't mean he wants you to take advantage of him...

Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigirl920 View Post
I don't see any reason for you to be offended and while he may very well want to take advantage of you...that isn't a for sure. Could be that he just wants to spend some time with you. Has he given you any indication that he's going to pounce on you while you're watching a movie?

If you don't want to go, then don't go. Like others have said, suggest something else but be prepared to foot the bill.

Hey, I was the one getting pounced on--I told her I didn't know her well enough yet!

Old 01-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Hey guys...take notes

Look what you have to do to rise above your competition...

Pay for dinner

*gasp*

Freakin easy dudes!
There's a Denny's down the road--get your coat.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
There's a Denny's down the road--get your coat.
Wow, TKramar taking initiative! That's new!

Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Lol...probably not good enough. She'd probably want to go out to one of those overpriced tourist dives on the island.

Like the Beach Bistro.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiama View Post
1st date: coffee
2nd date: play pool
3rd date: his place with his friends for dinner

now he asked me to come over his place for a MOVIE? I feel a bit offended, do you think he wants to take advantage of me?

how should I answer him if I don't want to go to his place for a movie?
Hellloo? Tell him you don't want to. Pretty simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships