Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 04:58 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times

Advertisements

I mentioned this elswhere, but I'll write it again. I hope I am around when BC pills become available to men. I sit in anticipation to watch just how many of them will man up and make use of this option. Something tells me it won't make a huge dent in the number of unwanted pregnancies in this country.

Let's see how many will stop blaming these so-called trashy, conniving women who 'trap them', and they deem worthy to sleep with but not be with, and start blaming themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:57 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
We're not the ones getting pregnant--why should we worry. Besides, abortion's still legal.
To protect YOUR wallet. THAT should be enough reason to wear the raincoat, even if she is CLAIMING to take her own method of BC. THE WALLET.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:31 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyShouldIWorry View Post
Like many men who are responsible, he was giving the relationship time to see whether it would work out before committing to something permanent. Perhaps she sensed that he was not enamored with where it was going and tried to force a premature decision. Then later he found the right woman and was now ready for kids.

Too bad she used this to try to entrap him. Just another example of how bad it is for good men now days. All the responsibility and absolutely no control.

I suppose that he could be like me and have no sex with them - since I didn't want them to think I just used them. Of course, then he would be at best be considered "odd" and perhaps far worse.

Face it guys. You can't win!
Great post. Its true that a guy should be torn about having sex in such relationships, at the risk of seeming odd and no matter how much she pressures.

Now days, its up to the guy to do all the work to ensure that a woman is going to work out in the long run. To do otherwise, risks his entire future. This takes time and many women don't want to wait. They either wash a man out almost immediately (and wonder where all the good ones are!) or they are pressuring him to make a quick commitment. In contrast, men must consider whether he will be able to meet her expectations, subsequent to marriage, because women usually just assume they will get what they want.

Women usually have far less to lose in such a situation. This is not like banging an 18 yo bad boy, who may have little or nothing to contribute in CS ever.

When a guy is over 30, he must ask two key questions:

1) What does she see in me? (Be realistic about yourself!)

2) What haven't I seen in her yet? (The things you don't want to find out after marriage!)

To say this is all about the child, as some typically have, is the real BS. He's meeting his responsibilities but she was the one who wasn't thinking about the child, only how to force a decision, favorable for her. Now that things didn't work out completely in her favor, she wants to extract the biggest pound of flesh she can.

It appears that his doubts were well founded.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:35 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post

It appears that his doubts were well founded.
But he chose to bang her anyway.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:40 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
When a guy is over 30, he must ask two key questions:

1) What does she see in me? (Be realistic about yourself!)

2) What haven't I seen in her yet? (The things you don't want to find out after marriage!)
Great points, something a man should ponder before sticking his penis into someone he doesn't love or trust.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:55 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I mentioned this elswhere, but I'll write it again. I hope I am around when BC pills become available to men. I sit in anticipation to watch just how many of them will man up and make use of this option. Something tells me it won't make a huge dent in the number of unwanted pregnancies in this country.

Let's see how many will stop blaming these so-called trashy, conniving women who 'trap them', and they deem worthy to sleep with but not be with, and start blaming themselves.
I don't agree with you at all. It will then become almost impossible to ensnare a man with any assets or money.

Of course, the bad boys will continue to have their 10, 15 or 29 children and have whatever income they decide to declare sliced up with a razor blade!

Its amusing when women suggest (as some did earlier) that a man looking to marry should get a vasectomy. Why don't the women get their tubes tied? Not PC but I hardly care.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM

1,452 posts, read 3,170,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I just wonder how his readiness level changed so dramatically in a year... He just didn't want to marry the first woman. That's about it.
Agreed. And if you don't want a child, you need to wear a condomn, period. You can't get trapped if you don't let yourself get trapped. If he didn't want a child with her at that time, he could have just kept it in his pants. I don't care how much money he gives her, that's not a substitute for a father, and it's not the kid's fault. What kind of woman wanted to marry and be with a man that would deny his own child for any reason? Sounds like a selfish pr**k if you ask me. And of course it's only the woman's fault, I suppose it was an immaculate conception. Wait, I know, she stole his sperm and injected it into herself with a turkey baster when he was asleep and completely unawares. Poor guy!!!

Old 01-27-2010, 07:32 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,810,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
Wait, I know, she stole his sperm and injected it into herself with a turkey baster when he was asleep and completely unawares. Poor guy!!!
Yeah, my brother hates when that happens.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:34 PM

382 posts, read 758,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Great points, something a man should ponder before sticking his penis into someone he doesn't love or trust.
It's not his fault that it feels good. Just because the sticked his d*ck it doesn't mean he has to have contact with the child. He does what he's supposed to do: pay child support. Many men would try to avoid this so be glad he at least pays.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
Quote:
I don't agree with you at all. It will then become almost impossible to ensnare a man with any assets or money.

Of course, the bad boys will continue to have their 10, 15 or 29 children and have whatever income they decide to declare sliced up with a razor blade!

Its amusing when women suggest (as some did earlier) that a man looking to marry should get a vasectomy. Why don't the women get their tubes tied? Not PC but I hardly care.
Well getting tubes tied aren't as easy as some think. I would get mine done immediately, but I cannot because the doctors believe I am too young.

I've seen my aunts struggle with this and some of my friends. They (GYN's) know what is best for us, so we need their permission.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships