Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2010, 06:11 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Ironically, the only two people I know that have ever had abortions are devout Catholics. A mother and her daughter who both happened to get pregnant accidentally while in high school. White, middle class Michigan people. Both were sent discretely by their parents out of state for their procedures. Like mother, like daughter I guess.

So pro-lifers can talk all they want about innocent unborn babies, and try to bully others with their pro-life agenda, but not all of them can walk the walk themselves.
I don't want to turn this into an abortion or political debate, but they were not "devout Catholics" if they had an abortion.

Anyone who has had, or participates in, an abortion is automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

But besides that, no one who has an abortion is a "devout" Catholic. Sorry, it's just not happening. I don't even need to know them.

Last edited by sophialee; 02-01-2010 at 06:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 06:19 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Re-read my post, seemed clear to me. I'm not against abortion. What bothers me is how so many young ppl take abortion so lightly, they would use it as their means of birth control. I've already said it in an earlier post, but then again, I quess it couldn't be much worse than the RN who has to watch 10yr olds give birth.

I don't think I painted a scary picture of an abortion clinic and prefer not to disclose locations, this isn't a fabricated story I invented to entertain CD.

Quote:
I'm curious as to how many different abortion clinics you've personally been inside of. And where these clinics were located. I don't understand why you would want to paint a scary picture of all clinics that offer abortion services. It's wrong to generalize like that.

I'd say the only scary thing would be having to walk by the angry pro-life picketers waving signs and shouting whatever it is they rant about. And I consider the picketers rather sociopathic as they care nothing for the welfare of the adults in the situation, but only for the undeveloped fetus.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:13 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Wow. This is a strange thread. But I understand TKramar's sentiments since if I ever got pregnant, I would have an abortion right away and within the first trimester, and it would be my sole decision to make. I wouldn't even want to carry it to full term to give it up for adoption. Pregnancy and children are just not my thing. Thankfully, I have always been on birth control pills and they have never let me down. I also have never dated any man that wanted to have children. And I would never ever date or marry a man that wanted children.

And lastly, I would have no problems dating a man like TKramar with his views on pregnancy, since we think alike about having children. Having said this, do I have to unfriend some of my friends here?

Anyway, when beginning a relationship with any new person, it's very important that both partners are of like mind in matters like a possible pregnancy, money handling, spirituality and life goals.

And shame on any woman who lies and tells her man that she isn't interested in getting pregnant, but then turns around and gets pregnant on him in order to trap him.
What part don't you understand? The issue was not his views on not wanting children, that's great, don't have them, no problem. The issue was NOT his view on abortion, he says he only dates women with his same view on abortion, that's great for them.

The issue was he said he would "INDUCE A MISCARRIAGE ON A WOMEN" without her KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT. You think that is ok?

So it's ok to do stuff to people without their knowledge?

So your also going to unfriend people on here because they don't hold the same views as you on abortion? Grow up already.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:15 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I don't want to turn this into an abortion or political debate, but they were not "devout Catholics" if they had an abortion.

Anyone who has had, or participates in, an abortion is automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church.

But besides that, no one who has an abortion is a "devout" Catholic. Sorry, it's just not happening. I don't even need to know them.
Thank you. Obviously, if they or their family participates in any way, they are not TRULY Catholic.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:31 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
How many of you posters have ever been in an abortion clinic, I'm not asking you if you've ever had an abortion, maybe you took a friend for support, even if it weren't your personal choice.

I hate to tell you, there full of what you all refer to as sociopaths. It's an assembly line.
I've been in one. It was very much like any other clinic. There were no "sociopaths", and it certainly was no assembly line.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
The issue was he said he would "INDUCE A MISCARRIAGE ON A WOMEN" without her KNOWLEDGE OR CONSENT. You think that is ok?

Exactly. Pretty scary stuff.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:52 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I don't understand for the life of me why those of you who don't want children don't simply get fixed. It would be the best choice for you.... or are you not really sure you don't want kids??
To be honest, I also want to know the same thing. Just get snipped or get your tubes tight and that's it. By the time you are in your late 30s, you should be able to figure out whether or not you want children.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Why would people be shocked? Is it because they take an overly emotional view of things? Look at things logically, and it makes much more sense. People who are pro-abortion take a logical view of not having children. People who are pro-life find themselves stuck, if they don't want kids. Pro-abortion is the more logical view to hold.
You are one person who should get snipped IMMEDIATELY.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Sorry, I don't believe in doctors--they're all a bunch of quacks. I handle my responsibilities myself, without resorting to others. Would that other people did the same.
Huh, and who do you think performs abortions, an engineer?

Old 02-01-2010, 09:08 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
They will throw me off CD if I say what I want to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships