Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:00 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Hi, good morning...

This is not the leave it to beaver era anymore...where every guy had a family and wife right out of highschool....
More and more people spend their whole lives alone or in isolation from the opposite sex...

Not all circumstances allow for a guy or gal to just reach over and 'cuddle' with the opposite sex....

I bet there are some guys on here who wouldn't even sit in a love seat with another male...say like at a doctors office...fearing that by sharing a love seat with another male their suppressed gay glands might suddenly activate and they might find themselves attracted to the guy...

I can hear their thoughts now...

"Oh my...the only place to sit is on that love seat, but there's a guy already sitting there...if I sit next to them, people will think we're a couple...and he's wearing sandals...and has purple nail polish on...oh good grief I think I'll stand" End hypothetical scenerio...
I think you need to stop preaching to us, pack your belongings and move to West Hollywood. Or Palm Springs. Or Miami Beach. Get yourself happy...

There's nothing wrong with being gay. And also, there's nothing wrong with being heterosexual, either.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:01 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I have a news flash for you...it was never "Leave it to Beaver", people were just as dysfunctional in the 50's as they are today, it just wasn't as publicized and tolerated. Bachelor's were "talked about", divorced women were labeled "easy", and often couples married prematurely, but that didn't mean they compromised their sexuality out of lonliness or desperation when they weren't happy with how their lives turned out.

Perhaps they need to get out from behind their computers and meet real people then. Establish "real" relationships, friendships, and adventures. Henry Miller once wrote "Everyday when I wake up, a thousand paths open up before me"...choose one.

I'm fairly certain that if they couldn't or wouldn't cuddle with the opposite sex, they won't be cuddling with the same sex either, and not because of social pressures or some other deep rooted mental inbalance.

Great post! Tried to rep ya but I have to spread the looooove!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:02 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,512 times
Quote:
Hi, good morning...

This is not the leave it to beaver era anymore...where every guy had a family and wife right out of highschool....
More and more people spend their whole lives alone or in isolation from the opposite sex...

Not all circumstances allow for a guy or gal to just reach over and 'cuddle' with the opposite sex....

I bet there are some guys on here who wouldn't even sit in a love seat with another male...say like at a doctors office...fearing that by sharing a love seat with another male their suppressed gay glands might suddenly activate and they might find themselves attracted to the guy...

I can hear their thoughts now...

"Oh my...the only place to sit is on that love seat, but there's a guy already sitting there...if I sit next to them, people will think we're a couple...and he's wearing sandals...and has purple nail polish on...oh good grief I think I'll stand" End hypothetical scenerio...

This is priceless..I almost spit my Coffee all over the screen!
Reps incoming!!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM

3,688 posts, read 5,013,192 times
Oh, Coolhand...

Apparently it's just that neither of us is adequately enlightened. I'm now realizing this is the real root of the old quip light in the loafers. It was used in a derogatory fashion but had roots in a much more open and educated sphere -- if only we'd known.

So what say we ditch the heterosexual women with whom we're currently involved and take a little time at a nice bed and breakfast up in New Hampshire, get to know one another?

I'll even shave my butt if it makes you feel better about getting over your obviously base nature, but I'm NOT riding shotgun, I get to drive! And instead of cuddling we're going squirrel hunting. And no, neither of those is a euphemism.

And instead of kissing we're drinking hard alcohol -- I'd suggest scotch but will accept bourbon.

And instead of holding hands past the initial firm shake, we're sticking with slapping one another's backs hard enough to break ribs.

However, in the interest of expanding our horizons, we ARE ditching The Dirty Dozen for Terms of Endearment -- unless you think Mrs. Soffel might be a better middle ground by way of achieving enlightenment more gradually.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
I think you need to stop preaching to us, pack your belongings and move to West Hollywood. Or Palm Springs. Or Miami Beach. Get yourself happy...

There's nothing wrong with being gay. And also, there's nothing wrong with being heterosexual, either.

Spot on!!!! Reps incoming!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:06 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywatcher75 View Post
I've done 'odd' things with my best friend. If I was cold while watching TV I would put his legs and feet on my legs for warmth. And ya know just sit there on the couch and watch TV and laugh and converse about whatever we're watching. I guess that's a form of intimacy right? Weird..? Maybe! *Shrugs*
According to most on here...to do such a thing like that...would proceed to mass whoopi making within minutes...

Teachable moment here...(Not for you skywatcher..but for the others)

This may go back to a primortal instinct in man...guys are geared to 'reproduce'...women are geared to 'nurture'....

Women are probablly better at just cuddling...cause they do that with all of you, while raising you...

Where as males, is with the elephant, once it mates, has little need for affection...

Maybe within some males, they have a heightened sense of 'ladiness'...and thereby can cuddle with others of any gender and not feel it will lead to the bedroom....

Old 01-29-2010, 09:08 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,325,279 times
Read only if you want to learn about yourself...

Also, every male knows that sometimes their willy billy...has a mind of it's own...like a seperate creature that responds to impulses beyond your control...

I think many males on here and elsewhere are afraid, fearful, of the kind of reaction their willy billy might have, if indeed their best freind did sit on their lap while watching the superbowel...

The willy billy can be very unpredictable at times...i've read this in scientific journals...

Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
According to most on here...to do such a thing like that...would proceed to mass whoopi making within minutes...

Teachable moment here...(Not for you skywatcher..but for the others)

This may go back to a primortal instinct in man...guys are geared to 'reproduce'...women are geared to 'nurture'....

Women are probablly better at just cuddling...cause they do that with all of you, while raising you...

Where as males, is with the elephant, once it mates, has little need for affection...

Maybe within some males, they have a heightened sense of 'ladiness'...and thereby can cuddle with others of any gender and not feel it will lead to the bedroom....
Okay, I can relate. But I don't know too many men that would be comfortable admitting certain things in a public setting. Then again we don't know what 'people' tell thier close, close friends or what they do with them. Now, the nurturing part I posess it for those who need it. But I'm not gonna baby no grown ass man!

Old 01-29-2010, 09:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,780,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Sasquatch View Post
Oh, Coolhand...

Apparently it's just that neither of us is adequately enlightened. I'm now realizing this is the real root of the old quip light in the loafers. It was used in a derogatory fashion but had roots in a much more open and educated sphere -- if only we'd known.

So what say we ditch the heterosexual women with whom we're currently involved and take a little time at a nice bed and breakfast up in New Hampshire, get to know one another?

I'll even shave my butt if it makes you feel better about getting over your obviously base nature, but I'm NOT riding shotgun, I get to drive! And instead of cuddling we're going squirrel hunting. And no, neither of those is a euphemism.

And instead of kissing we're drinking hard alcohol -- I'd suggest scotch but will accept bourbon.

And instead of holding hands past the initial firm shake, we're sticking with slapping one another's backs hard enough to break ribs.

However, in the interest of expanding our horizons, we ARE ditching The Dirty Dozen for Terms of Endearment -- unless you think Mrs. Soffel might be a better middle ground by way of achieving enlightenment more gradually.

Lol, yes, apparently us "homophobes" aren't enlightened enough because we won't give in to some deeply buried desire for cuddling up against another man's hairy back...I never knew I had such desires, but I guess I'm the one who is crazy because I've spent all these years loving the smooth, soft touch of a woman's skin against mine.

So yeah, let's head up to New Hampshire for some "Johnny Cakes" and go antique-ing in some quaint New England village as our knuckles drag on the pavement as we master the art of walking upright.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,271 times
Not to mention, for guys to cuddle, some genital on something contact would inevitably happen. I prefer no man's penis resting on my bum in the name of cuddling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships