Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:38 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Yes I have several pics up. I suppose that could be a possibility. No offense taken.

^^^It's more than likely the culprit. She may not like redheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Quote:
Yes I have several pics up. I suppose that could be a possibility. No offense taken.
Well some people are dead set on their "type"when it comes to looks (must be 6 foot tall at least, under 200 pounds, etc etc).

You seem like a nice guy tho, nothing wrong w/ your message from what I can see

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.rain View Post
You didn't do anything wrong, I thought it was a very nice message! You have to remember that there are so many flaky people out there, maybe she is one of them! I mean she could have acknowledged that she got your note!
Thanks for the supportive comment ms. rain.

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
I don't see where you did anything wrong. The only negative comment you made was about not being very good at fishing, but IMHO that wasn't negative enough to warrant stopping communication. If that's the way you are communicating you'll do fine. I agree with ms. rain she could have said "thanks, but no thanks".

Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Is that how you talk to women face to face?
I'm certainly no expert on online interactions, but that felt very "interviewy." I would try to keep up the fun, playful, banter...but maybe that doesn't work online.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
What flusters me, though, is WHY? Did I say too much too soon? Should I have just kept it shorter? I was trying to make friendly conversation and though I said I was tired from work, I turned it back into a positive thing by saying I had time off afterwards. Anyway, I'm truly at a loss here. Can anyone fill me in as to where I went wrong??
You didn't go "wrong". First lesson of online dating: NEVER expect ANYTHING until you actually meet someone. Emails and online communications are just that...online. You have no idea how many other people someone is talking to, or even if the person is sane. Don't get all caught up in a conversation with someone...take it slow, take it easy, and if things seem to progress well, then get on the phone. Until that point, write with respect and timeliness - but remember...it's just online. Nothing to even raise an eyebrow over.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:40 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Nothing. Keep in mind that she may have several other suitors and maybe she connected with one while you two were communicating and saw no need to continue communicating with you. Move on to the next one and don't worry about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Do you have a pic up? Maybe she wasn't attracted to you? Not trying to be mean, but that could be it.
I would think it was related to one of the above statements.

You could always send her a brief, light hearted message and see if she responds. It's not like you have anything to lose. If she doesn't write back, then she's definitely not interested.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:41 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,973,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Well some people are dead set on their "type"when it comes to looks (must be 6 foot tall at least, under 200 pounds, etc etc).

You seem like a nice guy tho, nothing wrong w/ your message from what I can see
Thanks sophialee. ..and yeah, I can understand that. I'm pretty picky myself when it comes to physical appearance, at least with height and "body tone". Couldn't care less about hair, skin or eye color though.
I guess even with kids, her preferences were still sky high. (I have pics posted on here too in case anyone's curious as to how ugly I am )

Old 01-26-2010, 07:42 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
its internet dating. your honesty and down to earth behavior did not sound like a movie star. . since she is not realistic about what she has to offer, why should she be realistic about what she expects to get.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:43 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Thanks sophialee. ..and yeah, I can understand that. I'm pretty picky myself when it comes to physical appearance, at least with height and "body tone". Couldn't care less about hair, skin or eye color though.
I guess even with kids, her preferences were still sky high. (I have pics posted on here too in case anyone's curious as to how ugly I am )
And there's nothing wrong with that. Why should she lower or change her preferences just because she's a mother?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships