U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 10:14 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,924,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
gold diggers are bad, men that give away their power are worse.
prostitutes are better than either. they are honest and expect payment when they lay out the
welcome mat.
guys stop whining about being mugged. if you walk hunters point at 3am you should be armed and not alone.
A business arrangement..sounds like a golddigger to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 10:15 PM

272 posts, read 233,551 times
Prostitutes are are pay as you go cell phone service.

Golddiggers are like cell phone service contracts

I would rather stick with the pay as you go cell phone service.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 PM

55,696 posts, read 74,690,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post

the shamless part is not women at all, the shameless part is family and church that encourage guys to stroll hunters point at 3:00AM alone and unarmed. they tell them "its the right thing to do". and when you show up at their door w/o your wallet and all beat up and your clothes torn, they say "hey i never told you to walk hunters point".

Old 01-27-2010, 10:18 PM

16,085 posts, read 23,924,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post

You get more perks with the contracts..

Old 01-27-2010, 11:54 PM

146 posts, read 233,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think all men are blind to "gold diggers". As others have stated, some men take no issue with it and are proud to flaunt their hot girlfriend/wife and all the things they bought her. Sometimes that type of relationship can work for people. Just because a woman is a gold digger doesn't mean she's bad in bed or is a miserable person to be around. Some "gold diggers" can be quite fun!
This is true. Any old, creepy geezer who thinks the foxy young babe is with him for his personality deserves to be fleeced. It's like a contract.... You get this and I get that. All relationships are contracts when you think about it. Some are just informal.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:21 AM

142 posts, read 220,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
DING DING DING!

The Misogynistic Thread of the Day Award Goes to..........

Oh, and the OP and his friends (lol ) can stop imagining they know who is and isn't good looking to a woman. Tiger Woods is no Quasimodo. He may be a disease ridden ho but he's a boyishly cute ho.

Maybe in YOUR little mind Tiger Woods might be considered a "cute" guy, but the women that I've spoken with including co-workers, women in my family, friends and etc say that Tiger has NO appeal whatsoever looks wise, and if it wasn't for his substantial bank account, he would be very lucky to be married to Elin AND bag all those women on the side at the same time.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:27 AM

142 posts, read 220,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onegreatnurse View Post
The OP is a FEMALE. And I'm sorry but I have to agree, if Tiger Woods wasn't rich he would hold absolutely no appeal to these women, he is not a good-looking man.

As far as "golddiggers" are concerned, look at all the men in Hollywood with money and Hugh Hefner for that matter. Men with money want women who look like prostitutes. They certainly aren't after them for their brains (no offense to all you rocket scientists from The Girls Next Door show, how's that playboy mansion treatin' ya are ya'll studying astrophysics in your lingerie??? LOL!!!!)!!!!! Kelsey Grammer married a stripper. For her brains, people!!!! And she certainly wasn't after him for his money, he's just sooooo good lookin' and all, I'm sure she was independently wealthy from her strip club earnings before she met him.
Actually, I'm a guy. ChocolateCity is the nickname for Washington D.C. where I currently live.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:32 AM

10,996 posts, read 11,487,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
Maybe in YOUR little mind Tiger Woods might be considered a "cute" guy, but the women that I've spoken with including co-workers, women in my family, friends and etc say that Tiger has NO appeal whatsoever looks wise, and if it wasn't for his substantial bank account, he would be very lucky to be married to Elin AND bag all those women on the side at the same time.
Well who do they like then? Allen Iverson? Not everybody wants the thug- looking guys.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:14 AM

9,048 posts, read 14,335,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
A "gold digger" is what mediocre men call an above-average attractive woman who seeks out the best provider for herself.
Cheers to this and everything else you posted. This is absolutely true in so many cases. It seems we have a bunch of parrots on this particular thread. Polly want a friggin' cracker.

The term gold-digger is relative in these parts. Gold-diggers are truly in it for the money, bottom line. Love may or may not come later on, but it is not the primary goal. Hookers sell sex for money. Think about it. Many of these GD's are in exclusive relationships with these men and they are not screwing them all day long. Some of you are claiming these men don't get nearly as much as they "pay" for, so, logically, they aren't the same, are they? I would say there is a trade off, but it isn't all about sex.

As to these poor chumps being lied to and deceived, another load of bull. Have you seen all the sugardaddy dating sites out there? Do you think someone is putting scud missiles to these mens' heads to sign up AND pay to be on these sites? There are plenty of women who have no problem with letting you know that they want the fancy cars, the big house and all the shopping they can stand. And there are plenty of men who are willing, for one reason or another, to give it to them. They are not all helpless victims.

Conversely, both hookers and gold-diggers can be dishonest. They will both make you feel like you're the best lover in the world, both can fake an orgasm and you wouldn't know the difference. Both can put it on ya well enough to get more out of you if they wanted to, if you are that easily influenced and both will know if you are.

By the way, a hooker doesn't have to be honest about what she is after. It goes without saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I still disagree. When someone says they want someone "financially secure" it implies being above most of society in income. If it were to mean "holds a job, is responsible" then that is how it should be worded in a ad.
You can't reasonably expect to define that for everyone. It varies, so you are only partially right. I want someone who is financially secure and that is exactly what I have written in my profiles. Just as "financially secure" differs for us, "holds a job, is responsible" would also differ. To me, that opens one up to someone who is flipping burgers, lives with mom and dad and is saving his money. It could mean he is not blowing it partying with his friends. That is "responsible" as well, but it is not what I want. When I am making significantly more than he is, I will likely have to give up what I have worked hard to enjoy just to be with him. Not gonna happen.

Really, why has it become such a crime to want someone with money? The way some of you see it, we should all stay within our own tax bracket or be labeled as whores or gold-diggers. It's either love or money; you can't have both. Love is blind, isn't it?

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 01-28-2010 at 02:27 AM..

Old 01-28-2010, 05:19 AM

27,236 posts, read 41,424,060 times
Eh, if I'm getting the bills paid, it doesn't matter if I'm also living paycheck to paycheck. I always have a job or two to work at, and it's been like that my entire adult life.

So I consider myself financially stable/secure. I'm not rich, by any means, but I'm comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships