U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 AM

6,258 posts, read 12,916,782 times

Advertisements

Sorry but this was playing in my head as I read this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vwNcNOTVzY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,898,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onglet39 View Post
Lots of sour grapes on this thread!
Just a little.

Old 01-27-2010, 06:26 AM

14,123 posts, read 20,895,508 times
I made a comment on this one time and got my head bitten off so I'm not commenting....Truth hurts

Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 AM

23,605 posts, read 31,492,863 times
About the same as the difference between a buzzard and a vulture!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:35 AM

6,772 posts, read 11,898,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I made a comment on this one time and got my head bitten off so I'm not commenting....Truth hurts
If it's a true gold digger then you're right, there isn't much difference, but I find it hard to believe that every man on this thread has had experience w/ a true gold digger.

TKramer for example thinks McDonalds is an acceptable place to bring a date, think he's had much experience w/ gold diggers? I think not.

That's just an excuse a lot of guys like to make when they get dumped and they happened to spend more than $100 on the girl, or if the wife gets alimony she is automatically labeled a gold digger on this board it seems.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:10 AM

3,261 posts, read 4,668,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
If it's a true gold digger then you're right, there isn't much difference, but I find it hard to believe that every man on this thread has had experience w/ a true gold digger.

TKramer for example thinks McDonalds is an acceptable place to bring a date, think he's had much experience w/ gold diggers? I think not.

That's just an excuse a lot of guys like to make when they get dumped and they happened to spend more than $100 on the girl, or if the wife gets alimony she is automatically labeled a gold digger on this board it seems.
Although we all generally associate gold diggers with women, I think we all know that there are male gold diggers out there. This association will change as women becoming independently wealthy.

Call me a romantic or an idealist, but I believe a romantic relationship should be based on mutual love and respect and not based on a financial gain, social climbing or immigration status, regardless of their gender.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 AM

1,629 posts, read 2,368,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post

DING DING DING!

The Misogynistic Thread of the Day Award Goes to..........

Oh, and the OP and his friends (lol ) can stop imagining they know who is and isn't good looking to a woman. Tiger Woods is no Quasimodo. He may be a disease ridden ho but he's a boyishly cute ho.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 AM

857 posts, read 1,260,419 times
The only difference is a prostitute will tell you the cost up front

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 AM

3,684 posts, read 4,285,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
I know that there is already a thread about Golddiggers on this forum, but I wanted to bring up this topic. Basically my friends and I were arguing about women who mostly hang out with guys for their money/power and develop relationships with these successful men. One of my friends said that if a man with money is in a relationship with a girl who likes to spend the guy's money on clothes, cars, and other gifts, then that girl basically a prostitute. The women in our group mostly disagreed with this, but some actually agreed with this notion. The situation with Tiger Woods was brought up as well, and we all pretty much agreed that the women who cavorted with Tiger were pretty much all prostitutes to a degree, because Tiger Woods is the wealthiest, most powerful sports star out in public today and he is not a guy blessed with good looks.

What are you thoughts on this topic? Do you think that Golddiggers are really the same as prostitutes? Or are they different from prostitutes?

They're not the same. Prostitutes don't get to sue for alimony or palimony. They HAVE to go the assault charges route, there are no other options.

OTHER than that...

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM

21,928 posts, read 21,734,003 times
Quote:
They're different from prostitutes -- they don't have the integrity that prostitutes have. At least prostitutes tell you up front what they're really after.
I think it is obvious what these "gold diggers" are really after. Dont know why men act surprised when a hot woman half his age is interested in a fat, balding old fart.

Women are going to be hooking up with guys. Thats a given. So it is just smart to hook up with guys with lots of money as opposed to men with none. The difference in gold diggers and prostitutes is that gold diggers hook up with a few men with lots of money and hookers a lot of men with little money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships