U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:11 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,518,158 times
Reputation: 2644

Advertisements

This thread makes me want a hug. Where's Sierra? She has the best hug smileys. There is way too much generalizing and assumption making going on here.

Men who believe women are only into a man's money, power, and status are sorely mistaking. There will always be a select group of women who do fit that bill, but contrastingly, there are men who are only into a woman's looks and sexual prowess (damn everything else). Not only is it unabashedly ignorant to let those few people determine you're view of the opposite sex, but it is also limiting. If a woman has to prove that she's not a golddigger just to put a man's overly suspicious and cynical mind at rest, that speaks manifold about the guy himself.

In addition, it seems that the only men harping constantly about how women only want money and are golddiggers and so on and so forth are the men who have little to no experience with that type of women, simply because they do not attract them. Cheap and broke men turn off women not only because of the lack of money, but because there is often an attitude and complex attached to the man. Going through the threads on here, I have seen that complex rearing its head multiple times. It's a mixture of bitterness and defiance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to afford a nice restaurants, but to condemn them and display the ugly chip on his shoulder while simultaneously accusing women of being golddiggers is immensely unattractive at best. It's the bitter coated of wallowing in self pity.

I never cease to amaze at how jaded some of the people on this forum are. There is something wrong when people automatically jump to the worst conclusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:19 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,739 posts, read 12,452,249 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
This thread makes me want a hug. Where's Sierra? She has the best hug smileys. There is way too much generalizing and assumption making going on here.

Men who believe women are only into a man's money, power, and status are sorely mistaking. There will always be a select group of women who do fit that bill, but contrastingly, there are men who are only into a woman's looks and sexual prowess (damn everything else). Not only is it unabashedly ignorant to let those few people determine you're view of the opposite sex, but it is also limiting. If a woman has to prove that she's not a golddigger just to put a man's overly suspicious and cynical mind at rest, that speaks manifold about the guy himself.

In addition, it seems that the only men harping constantly about how women only want money and are golddiggers and so on and so forth are the men who have little to no experience with that type of women, simply because they do not attract them. Cheap and broke men turn off women not only because of the lack of money, but because there is often an attitude and complex attached to the man. Going through the threads on here, I have seen that complex rearing its head multiple times. It's a mixture of bitterness and defiance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not being able to afford a nice restaurants, but to condemn them and display the ugly chip on his shoulder while simultaneously accusing women of being golddiggers is immensely unattractive at best. It's the bitter coated of wallowing in self pity.

I never cease to amaze at how jaded some of the people on this forum are. There is something wrong when people automatically jump to the worst conclusion.
if you're referring to my post im sorry but the truth hurts doesnt it?

as i've said before i don't date is because i choose not to. it's not worth the time nor the effort, and most often times just a drain on my already razor thin wallet.

my opinions are based on my own personal experiences with women who seem to care more about money, cars, clothes, shoes, etc. women are superficial and like nice new things, thats a biological fact imo

i also choose not to date because i have too many other personal goals to focus on that are for the betterment of myself. the last thing i need is a girl and her constant whining in my ear to distract me from my goals and my success.

i will date later on, but right now the time is not right for that. when girls are ready to be more mature and logical and care more about material things then maybe, just maybe i will consider dating. until then i will gladly remain single
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:42 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,518,158 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
if you're referring to my post im sorry but the truth hurts doesnt it?

as i've said before i don't date is because i choose not to. it's not worth the time nor the effort, and most often times just a drain on my already razor thin wallet.

my opinions are based on my own personal experiences with women who seem to care more about money, cars, clothes, shoes, etc. women are superficial and like nice new things, thats a biological fact imo

i also choose not to date because i have too many other personal goals to focus on that are for the betterment of myself. the last thing i need is a girl and her constant whining in my ear to distract me from my goals and my success.

i will date later on, but right now the time is not right for that. when girls are ready to be more mature and logical and care more about material things then maybe, just maybe i will consider dating. until then i will gladly remain single
Actually, my post was not in reference to yours, but this post will be!

You don't strike me as a complainer though or covered with bitterness. You are just choosing not to date because you have other ventures that are more important to you. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But I must digress that women who like nice things should not be automatically written off as superficial. I have a taste for luxury, but the people who know me (and perhaps even a few people on this forum who have read enough of my posts) will assure you that I am far from superficial. "Liking nice things" is not a singular, encompassing trait. Superficial means that someone only cares about the shallow, ultimately meaningless and petty things in life - all the things that coat the surface. If the girl is only interested in what you have, what you make, or what you can give her, then I can understand your accusation of superficiality. However, you cannot assume women to not be interested in those things at all. Especially if children are on her mind, the woman wants to know if you can provide for a family comfortably (or will be able to one day). No one wants to spend a relationship arguing about money and being resigned to fast food meals. Men are so abhorrently against and paranoid about the idea of a woman wanting a man to be financially comfortable that they don't even realize that most women do have many more factors in consideration (personality, love, kindness, etc). It's not all about money! I would hope that the men on here are smart enough to spot a true superficial chick, rather than automatically labeling every girl who wants to eat at a nice restaurant or likes to shop as superficial. True superficiality is more than skin deep; it's part of a person's personality.

And wow, you see a girl as a constant whiner? Perhaps you just have s h i t t y taste in women or perhaps you can't attract the genuinely golden girls?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,739 posts, read 12,452,249 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Actually, my post was not in reference to yours, but this post will be!

You don't strike me as a complainer though or covered with bitterness. You are just choosing not to date because you have other ventures that are more important to you. Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

But I must digress that women who like nice things should not be automatically written off as superficial. I have a taste for luxury, but the people who know me (and perhaps even a few people on this forum who have read enough of my posts) will assure you that I am far from superficial. "Liking nice things" is not a singular, encompassing trait. Superficial means that someone only cares about the shallow, ultimately meaningless and petty things in life - all the things that coat the surface. If the girl is only interested in what you have, what you make, or what you can give her, then I can understand your accusation of superficiality. However, you cannot assume women to not be interested in those things at all. Especially if children are on her mind, the woman wants to know if you can provide for a family comfortably (or will be able to one day). No one wants to spend a relationship arguing about money and being resigned to fast food meals. Men are so abhorrently against and paranoid about the idea of a woman wanting a man to be financially comfortable that they don't even realize that most women do have many more factors in consideration (personality, love, kindness, etc). It's not all about money! I would hope that the men on here are smart enough to spot a true superficial chick, rather than automatically labeling every girl who wants to eat at a nice restaurant or likes to shop as superficial. True superficiality is more than skin deep; it's part of a person's personality.

And wow, you see a girl as a constant whiner? Perhaps you just have s h i t t y taste in women or perhaps you can't attract the genuinely golden girls?
i will most likely get back into the dating game after i relocate to Las Vegas later on this year.

a lot of girls i met were big time whiners who IMO were just spoiled b i t c h e s who would act up if they didnt get their way. i have to give into enough of my customers whining and crying at work, i dont need it in my personal life.

my family is not very well off financially but the neighborhood we live in is considered "Upper Middle Class" so lot of girls (maybe just people in my area in general) are spoiled and will pretty much throw a hissy fit when they don't get their way. so you know where my perception of girls being whiny comes from

as i've said before my opinions on women, as well as life in general are base on my own personal experiences, not too many of which have been good ones, which leads me to have a negative attitude on life in general

I am well aware that I am not perfect but a lot of older folks think I am a good guy and are shocked when they find out I had so many problems with girls and still do. "You're a nice good looking guy, you're ambitions you have goals in life, what girl wouldn't want you?" They say

Perhaps things will change when I get older but until then, girls my age seem to only be interested in guys driving the Infiniti G35, the guy who has flashy clothes, or the guy who has a probation or parole officer.

That is the kind of stupidity and immaturity I see everyday, and I refuse to deal with it. I graduated high school in 2008 and most of the girls who I knew/know or were interested in dating at the time, are engaged, already married, or have 1 or 2 kids since then. Sad With the same guys I mentioned above. And naturally when these guys found out their girls were pregnant, they took off and were not heard from again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:03 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 79,094,722 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
This thread makes me want a hug. Where's Sierra? She has the best hug smileys.
One hug comin' right up!



http://parkes1.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hug-1.jpg

And here's one in the context of the forum... Hey, at least this "guy" won't drag ya to McDonald's, won't ask you to define a list of "goals," won't measure your waist, won't expect a homecooked meal every day, and won't whine about not having enough sex 24/7! Not too bad of a deal, if you ask me...



http://stringzine.files.wordpress.co...ow-450x441.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:13 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,518,158 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
i will most likely get back into the dating game after i relocate to Las Vegas later on this year.

a lot of girls i met were big time whiners who IMO were just spoiled b i t c h e s who would act up if they didnt get their way. i have to give into enough of my customers whining and crying at work, i dont need it in my personal life.

my family is not very well off financially but the neighborhood we live in is considered "Upper Middle Class" so lot of girls (maybe just people in my area in general) are spoiled and will pretty much throw a hissy fit when they don't get their way. so you know where my perception of girls being whiny comes from

as i've said before my opinions on women, as well as life in general are base on my own personal experiences, not too many of which have been good ones, which leads me to have a negative attitude on life in general

I am well aware that I am not perfect but a lot of older folks think I am a good guy and are shocked when they find out I had so many problems with girls and still do. "You're a nice good looking guy, you're ambitions you have goals in life, what girl wouldn't want you?" They say

Perhaps things will change when I get older but until then, girls my age seem to only be interested in guys driving the Infiniti G35, the guy who has flashy clothes, or the guy who has a probation or parole officer.

That is the kind of stupidity and immaturity I see everyday, and I refuse to deal with it. I graduated high school in 2008 and most of the girls who I knew/know or were interested in dating at the time, are engaged, already married, or have 1 or 2 kids since then. Sad With the same guys I mentioned above. And naturally when these guys found out their girls were pregnant, they took off and were not heard from again.
Rule #1: NO ONE likes a bitter, negative person. Who wants to hang out with the guy who has a dark cloud constantly hanging over his head?

You really need to stop basing your perception of women off of the bad apples you have encountered because if you don't, you are going to miss out on a lot of great girls. Also, you need to branch out the type of girls you meet. If you constantly meet the type you don't like, then WTF - of course your perception is going to be skewed. Furthermore, if these very girls who dislike were all over you and wanting to be with you, would you still not like them? You're whining yourself, my friend.

It takes two to tango.

Sincerely,
A 20-year old girl who would probably fit your bill of a spoiled b i t c h from first glance but actually possesses a significant amount of depth and maturity that is not obvious to those who automatically sneer and pass judgement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:15 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,518,158 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
One hug comin' right up!



http://parkes1.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/hug-1.jpg

And here's one in the context of the forum... Hey, at least this "guy" won't drag ya to McDonald's, won't ask you to define a list of "goals," won't measure your waist, won't expect a homecooked meal every day, and won't whine about not having enough sex 24/7! Not too bad of a deal, if you ask me...



http://stringzine.files.wordpress.co...ow-450x441.jpg


They should versions of those for men!! Oh, wait. . . they do. They're called up blow-up dolls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:16 AM
 
5,148 posts, read 4,438,174 times
Reputation: 2865
Is it just this forum, or is this a microcosm of how different men and women are? What men and women want from each other is so vastly different, I'm surprised divorce rates aren't 95%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: The Mango Tree
2,115 posts, read 4,518,158 times
Reputation: 2644
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Is it just this forum, or is this a microcosm of how different men and women are? What men and women want from each other is so vastly different, I'm surprised divorce rates aren't 95%.
I think it is just this forum. It attracts either people with issues or people who are analytical and like helping people with their issues. We are in a "relationship" forum after all. You didn't think it was all kittens and lollipops here, did you? We have a male/female bashing thread quota to maintain!

I belong to another well-known forum that's about fashion, purses, etc. and people are not as incessantly jaded over there (and yes, we discuss more than just pretty dresses and lip gloss).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-30-2010, 10:20 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
5,739 posts, read 12,452,249 times
Reputation: 3872
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Rule #1: NO ONE likes a bitter, negative person. Who wants to hang out with the guy who has a dark cloud constantly hanging over his head?

You really need to stop basing your perception of women off of the bad apples you have encountered because if you don't, you are going to miss out on a lot of great girls. Also, you need to branch out the type of girls you meet. If you constantly meet the type you don't like, then WTF - of course your perception is going to be skewed. Furthermore, if these very girls who dislike were all over you and wanting to be with you, would you still not like them? You're whining yourself, my friend.

It takes two to tango.

Sincerely,
A 20-year old girl who would probably fit your bill of a spoiled b i t c h from first glance but actually possesses a significant amount of depth and maturity that is not obvious to those who automatically sneer and pass judgement.
I do realize that there are great girls out there. I see them every day believe it or not. Im actually friends with a few intelligent girls who have real depth and maturity like you. The sad part is when I am fortunate enough to meet one of these rare gems they only "want to be friends" even when I clearly state my romantic intentions, or are "taken by the most amazing man on earth" or a similar phrase to that.

So the girls who I would want to consider dating are already taken. Which adds to that dark cloud hanging over my head

So in other words to quote 70s rock band Sweet. "Everywhere I turn I lose, Love is like oxygen, you get too much you get too high, not enough and you're gonna die"

Im not getting enough and Im running out of air here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top