Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 07:58 PM

15,853 posts, read 34,997,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The cafe we went going to meet at around 8pm was closed when we got there and I was stunned. I did not expect a cafe in downtown philly to be closed at 8pm on a weeknight. So then we tried to go to another cafe and that was closed too and then I just said

"I will walk you to the bus stop and wait with you until your bus comes"

I said that because it was FREZZING and I didn't have a plan C so I figured we can get to know each other while we waited for her bus to come. So like 2mins later there was her bus and she decided to let it go pass abd continue talking to me in the COLD-lol So we talked and laugh for about 30 mins and then she got on the bus. I told her to call when she arrived home and she did but I did not get home yet. So I will call her before I go to sleep and set up another meeting for a weekend.

So that was the night, I wss FREEZING and for some reason my knee was not hurting when I walked toward her and around her. Only when she got on the bus and left and then the LIMP came back-lol

But in the furture I need to do a better job of planning and find out when places closed so i don't look like a FOOL. That happened to me years ago but the only difference was the place was closed down.

So I need to be a better planner
This is a mighty strange date. First of all, why didn't you pick her up and take her someplace like a "real restaurant" that is "for sure" open at 8 pm. Shoot even a Red Lobster or something for gosh sakes.

Maybe it is some kind of weird cultural Philly thing but I would not be letting my date go home in the dark by BUS. What if she gets robbed or mugged or raped. How would you feel? At the very least I would have seen her home and then returned on the bus to my hovel just to make sure she got home perfectly safe.

There is such a thing as common courtesy you know.

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM

37,407 posts, read 45,595,277 times
Quote:
She didn't leave a message
So? That means you can't return the call? Damn TVSG. Pick up the phone and call the girl.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:27 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,776,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
So? That means you can't return the call? Damn TVSG. Pick up the phone and call the girl.

I will on Sunday and that will probably be it

Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I will on Sunday and that will probably be it
Why wait? It would be in your best interest, if you want to see her again, to call sooner rather than later.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:33 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,126,577 times
Quote:
I told her to call when she arrived home and she did but I did not get home yet. So I will call her before I go to sleep and set up another meeting for a weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
She called you as you requested letting you know that she made it home- leaving a message on your VM. And you responded by e-mail?!

One step forward........two steps back.

A light needs to come on soon or your mother will be the only woman who considers you worth it.
Quote:
She didn't leave a message
So your post about the call was misleading. But she did call. And you responded by e-mail.

I think that your intimacy issues, left unaddressed, will prevent you from having any kind of a relationship. You sound unwilling to risk rejection, so you establish bizarre rules that result in your perception that you are rejecting them first.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Why wait? It would be in your best interest, if you want to see her again, to call sooner rather than later.
I don't call women on Friday and Saturdays.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
So your post about the call was misleading. But she did call. And you responded by e-mail.

I think that your intimacy issues, left unaddressed, will prevent you from having any kind of a relationship. You sound unwilling to risk rejection, so you establish bizarre rules that result in your perception that you are rejecting them first.

The point is I contacted her after meeting her

Old 01-29-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I don't call women on Friday and Saturdays.
WTF?? You just fell from grace buddy. Will you never learn?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:47 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,334,278 times
Quote:
Anyone else wanting to pound their heads against their desk?

Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,418,810 times
Quote:
You didn't see this coming? The answer to the question is no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships