Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:12 PM

530 posts, read 778,099 times

Advertisements

Per OP: I don't think there is anything wrong with dating casually. Doing so would allow you to meet new people and have fun and if someone comes up that would seem like long term relationship material of that is what you want at the time then yay you! JMHO but if you are casually dating a few different people maybe letting them know that you aren't looking for anything exclusive at this time may save you some headache. Good luck to you!
Oh one question have you ever considered or dated women who are independent (w/o being cranky) that have their own career so they aren't as tied up in how much you make?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 05:13 PM

272 posts, read 284,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
This is nothing about the implied rules of society or requirements women have.

This is ALL about you being burned and bitter from past experiences and letting those exact past experiences take control of your life and viewpoint. I mean, hey, if you want to wallow in misery, self-pity, and cynicism, then be my guest. It's your life. You can waste it if you want.
If I was wasting my time trying to find a woman who probably doesn't exist, I would be either be taking anti depressants or drinking a pint of hard liquor twice day.

Women are too hard to please, because most of them are delusional.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:18 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,306,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
If I was wasting my time trying to find a woman who probably doesn't exist, I would be either be taking anti depressants or drinking a pint of hard liquor twice day.

Women are too hard to please, because most of them are delusional.
Did someone break your little heart??

Most women are delusional huh??

Old 01-30-2010, 05:19 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,557,737 times
Default mango tango

i agree with you but you have to realize it's very difficult going on a date, facing someone new and having those past experiences stare you in the face while you're trying to make someone like you

Old 01-30-2010, 05:20 PM

202 posts, read 482,365 times
[quote=wanderlust76;12684180]wintecountry all I did was ask if I should just date casually, not date at all or pursue a traditional relationship with a woman. Where the h*ll was I crying? Where did I say I wasn't improving myself....where did I say I was broke? Where did I say I wanted a career woman? Where did I say I wanted a woman in their 40's that makes more money than me? Which leads me to my main question - have you been drinking? It is Saturday after all. My question was a valid question that I was wondering about. You didn't answer my question in your original post you sort of went off on a tangent instead which is why I replied to you to begin with. Now that you went off on a second tangent you still did not answer the question I posed. Woooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww.[/quo

Okay..here ya go. The title of your thread was " What to do if society deems you as 'not' relationship material".

My answer is do NOT date at all until you can stop blaming "society" for your inability to find the kind of women, or any woman, you seek.

It's not society, it's you that has the problem..the way you think, engage people, carry yourself, your self esteem, any number of things. If you cant understand that, even my ability to rant on is not gonna help you get it. Some of the dorkiest, goofiest, ugliest people I've seen get dates, get married, etc. But, you.. you let "society" dictate your love life.

You dont like that answer, do you? Of course you dont. It's the truth, that's why. You need more soul searching than perhaps you can find on a message board.

Or you can always order Russian brides. They probably wont be so fussy.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 PM

272 posts, read 284,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Did someone break your little heart??
Do you care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most women are delusional huh??
They expect men to meet the same criteria to become an FBI special agent, but they don't get the same salary, training, and federal benefits.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:33 PM
miu

17,763 posts, read 40,031,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
LMFAO!!!!!

In other words he should settle for a homeless crackhead. I love how women think. If a dude is making $30,000 a year, he should settle for a woman who gets $200 a month from the welfare system. Once that welfare recipient gets a job at wal-mart earning minimum wage, she is too good for him and deserves a man who makes more than $30,000 a year.

Men should upgrade their skills or look for a hiring paying entry level job in order to buy more things for themselves and to put more money in savings. They aren't suppose to improve their situation in order to attract better women. Women hate being called derogatory names that relate to prostitution, but they put themselves in that situation.

This is why I laugh at folks who mock me for only dealing with real prostitutes. I might as well get the real deal than deal with a woman who acts like prostitute, but isn't willing to fulfill the complete role of a prostitute.
How do you get that from my post? If the O.P. only makes $20k a year, he should have a girlfriend that also makes $20K a year. Or if he is a student, he should date a fellow student.

If he's a 7 in looks, he should look for a girlfriend that is also a 7 in looks. Dating out of his league is only going to lead to frustration and lonely nights.

And nowhere did I suggest he date beneath him. If he makes $30K a year, of course he shouldn't date a crackhead chick collecting welfare...

Old 01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
miu

17,763 posts, read 40,031,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Yes, hopefully if your in your 30`s, you will have developed some sort of concrete financial security, but this does not have to be a "factor" for women to make their final decision if they want to date you or not.
Great example! What about looks, attitude, having something in common, sense of humour, etc...??? Does this not reflect for a good reason to date someone, or is it, that some people, look deeper, for their own benefit?
If that is all a guy has to offer a woman, then they can just be platonic friends. Again, I am going by the O.P. being in his thirties and the single women his age having a ticking biological clock in regards to nesting. Why would women his own age want to waste their time casually dating a guy like him?

My advice would be different in the O.P. was in his early twenties and just starting out as an adult.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,018,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
i agree with you but you have to realize it's very difficult going on a date, facing someone new and having those past experiences stare you in the face while you're trying to make someone like you
If you have to try to make someone like you, then there's a problem. It's either there or it isn't (or it may show up later when you're not expecting it).

Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,774,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
How do you get that from my post? If the O.P. only makes $20k a year, he should have a girlfriend that also makes $20K a year. Or if he is a student, he should date a fellow student.

If he's a 7 in looks, he should look for a girlfriend that is also a 7 in looks. Dating out of his league is only going to lead to frustration and lonely nights.

And nowhere did I suggest he date beneath him. If he makes $30K a year, of course he shouldn't date a crackhead chick collecting welfare...
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If that is all a guy has to offer a woman, then they can just be platonic friends. Again, I am going by the O.P. being in his thirties and the single women his age having a ticking biological clock in regards to nesting. Why would women his own age want to waste their time casually dating a guy like him?

My advice would be different in the O.P. was in his early twenties and just starting out as an adult.
I'll have to add one extra thought here - in this scenario it would be up to her in the end since I would possibly to be open to a relationship with her. My philosophy is to not judge someone soley by their yearly income, meaning I would date a woman with less, the same, or more money than me. But I see the stance you take you take the traditional stance that a man should make at least as much, or more, than his potential mate. Again this goes back to society and traditional gender roles which is why I mentioned society in my thread title. I wasn't blaming it or complaining bout it, I was just accepting it.
In a way maybe this is why men sometimes "should" go after younger women. At the stage in life I'm at technically I'm more like someone in their mid-20's. If you go by the whole stage in life compatibility there's no way I would ever be compatible with an older woman especially if she was well set into her career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships