Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 02:40 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
I say that if they are looking for someone who is really successful, and a good paying job, then I would tell them to "move on!"
There is more to life than money. Stability, responsible, etc..yes, but this?
Gee... since the O.P. is in his early thirties, he should at least have a career path in place. If he's got a logical plan going, then that should keep most potential girlfriends happy. But if he doesn't, then for HIS sake, he needs to get his life in order ASAP.

As to women being "gold diggers", well most women want marriage and children, and if the O.P. can't eventually deliver being the kind of man that can be both husband and dad material in the near future, then I don't blame women for rejecting him as a potential boyfriend. He's not a young man anymore, what was acceptable as being boyfriend material when he was in his early twenties is not acceptable now that he's in his thirties. What woman in her thirties wants to become emotionally attached to a man that is a slacker in life?

Also, he'll have better luck dating women who intend to be childfree all their lives. But they may also want a mate that can help be a partner in buying a nice place to live together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 02:42 PM

272 posts, read 285,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Well thanks for using my thread as a launching pad for your preaching So since you admit that women pursue men with a good career or are picky about a guys career I guess my original question is still valid. Does a guy like me just serial date or pledge celibacy or what? By the way men want to feel needed yes but there are a lot of ways you can show that it doesn't have to be shown through money.
You don't have to pledge to celibacy or be a serial dater. Serial dating cost too much money. God forbid you get laid off from your job and have to take a job that is over 130 miles away from your home. If you became a serial dater, you wouldn't have enough money to put gas in your car in order to get work. Nothing is worth being chronically unemployed...not even chasing vagina.

Picking up hookers or find women who are strictly into sex with no attachments is easier and financially cheaper. Just be sure to check her mouth for bumps and sores. Always make sure use a raincoat.

Women in general do not care about men. They only care what men can financially provide them. The other spectrum of women only care about controlling men. Those are the women who date and marry bums. I have been rejected by women, because I had a job and a car. I had the two things that make me independent therefore women with anti social personality disorder traits can't control me. I can call my own shots and do as I please. If I want to stay out all night with my friends, I can do that, because the woman isn't paying my way through life.

I am not saying all women fit either one of these categories, but personally, I am not going to waste money trying to weed out women by dating. If you're going spend money on being selective, then spend that money on something that is financially viable. Dating isn't financially viable. Throwing your money away on women isn't financially viable. What I said might be offensive to women, but it is the truth. They even know it. That's why they seek out suckers that will take them out to dinner or to the movies. If a woman was really into you, she would pay for her own meal or her own ticket. She would just want to be with you, because she enjoys your company.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:48 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,023,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Then listen to the hard luck stories from divorced men you meet and realize how lucky you are doing this for yourself.
Oh, please. Go take your dark cloud somewhere else. We get that you think women are evil incarnate and our sole purpose is to screw guys over. Hint: It's not!! You've just had some s h i t t y experiences and are now placing your biased views on the entire female race! Get over it, man!

Yes, listen to other people's experiences and take wisdom from them, BUT DO NOT TAKE BITTERNESS. Do you want to drive people away? Be bitter. It is one of the top things that will send any person running for the hills, with the exception of the other bitter people that just want to congregate and mumble about how unfair life is. Don't go there. Stay away from the dark side. Be wise; Don't be cynical.

Old 01-30-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Gee... since the O.P. is in his early thirties, he should at least have a career path in place. If he's got a logical plan going, then that should keep most potential girlfriends happy. But if he doesn't, then for HIS sake, he needs to get his life in order ASAP.

As to women being "gold diggers", well most women want marriage and children, and if the O.P. can't eventually deliver being the kind of man that can be both husband and dad material in the near future, then I don't blame women for rejecting him as a potential boyfriend. He's not a young man anymore, what was acceptable as being boyfriend material when he was in his early twenties is not acceptable now that he's in his thirties. What woman in her thirties wants to become emotionally attached to a man that is a slacker in life?

Also, he'll have better luck dating women who intend to be childfree all their lives. But they may also want a mate that can help be a partner in buying a nice place to live together.
When I was in my mid 20s, I was in career that started me out at $55,000 a year. Two years later I got laid off. I then got a job in the same industry that paid a little less than $40,000 a year. I am about to be laid off of that job in a few months. Now I have to change careers and start from an entry level position that pays around $33,000 the first year, but the following year my income increases to $50,000.

Do you thing a woman is going to want to deal with me? Heck no. It has nothing to do with my looks or attitude. It has to do with my financial situation. Women don't give a crap that the economy is bad right now. They only care about what a man can do for them financially.

If I wanted to hand my balls over to a woman, I could get with sadistic controlling woman who tells me when I can breathe, eat, sleep, and etc. I care about myself too much to put myself in that situation. That kind of woman wouldn't want me to go out looking for a job that pays well or has room for growth, because she would loose her sadistic control of the relationship.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:06 PM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,094,448 times
Quote:
I am having a hard time with this I would like to find a nice woman to spend time with and let it grow into a relationship. But most women my age are looking for someone that is really successful and already has a good paying job. I'm not at that point yet it my life and I don't have a house so should I just concentrate on basic dating and not worry about a long term relationship? If I just say I'm looking to date will I get labeled as one of those guys that is a serial date or a commitmentphobe? I'm not poor or broke I've never married and I don't have any kids but like I said most women probably don't consider someone in my position as relationship material. I'm in my early 30's and I assume I at least deserve some type of interaction with the opposite sex.
Just out of curiousity... what do you do for work? Will it eventually lead to a promotion and more pay? Or is what you do a dead end job? Are you good as saving money?

Also, consider dating women that are the same economic status as you. There are plenty of single women that aren't on a successful career path and don't desire a rich guy for a boyfriend. And since even you are aware of your lack of life success, accept that you aren't going to get the best looking or most successful single women to date. Stay within your league and you should do just fine.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:14 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,787,137 times
Quote:
Just out of curiousity... what do you do for work? Will it eventually lead to a promotion and more pay? Or is what you do a dead end job? Are you good as saving money?

Also, consider dating women that are the same economic status as you. There are plenty of single women that aren't on a successful career path and don't desire a rich guy for a boyfriend. And since even you are aware of your lack of life success, accept that you aren't going to get the best looking or most successful single women to date. Stay within your league and you should do just fine.
I'm still in school and working on a career I did not decide on that until later in life which is good because I'm way different now than I was in my 20's. I have a number of options. I'm the type of person that will not be a slave to the grind just to make money I would rather have a job where I make 35k a year and be happy instead of a job making 70k a year and be miserable. I get what you're saying about the stay in league thing it's just hard for me to choose women based on their social status or whatever, I don't look at people that way. That's sort of what I mean about our society.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:14 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,623,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post

It has nothing to do with my looks or attitude. It has to do with my financial situation. Women don't give a crap that the economy is bad right now. They only care about what a man can do for them financially.
Yes, hopefully if your in your 30`s, you will have developed some sort of concrete financial security, but this does not have to be a "factor" for women to make their final decision if they want to date you or not.
Great example! What about looks, attitude, having something in common, sense of humour, etc...??? Does this not reflect for a good reason to date someone, or is it, that some people, look deeper, for their own benefit?

Old 01-30-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:

LMFAO!!!!!

In other words he should settle for a homeless crackhead. I love how women think. If a dude is making $30,000 a year, he should settle for a woman who gets $200 a month from the welfare system. Once that welfare recipient gets a job at wal-mart earning minimum wage, she is too good for him and deserves a man who makes more than $30,000 a year.

Men should upgrade their skills or look for a hiring paying entry level job in order to buy more things for themselves and to put more money in savings. They aren't suppose to improve their situation in order to attract better women. Women hate being called derogatory names that relate to prostitution, but they put themselves in that situation.

This is why I laugh at folks who mock me for only dealing with real prostitutes. I might as well get the real deal than deal with a woman who acts like prostitute, but isn't willing to fulfill the complete role of a prostitute.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I'm still in school and working on a career I did not decide on that until later in life which is good because I'm way different now than I was in my 20's. I have a number of options. I'm the type of person that will not be a slave to the grind just to make money I would rather have a job where I make 35k a year and be happy instead of a job making 70k a year and be miserable. I get what you're saying about the stay in league thing it's just hard for me to choose women based on their social status or whatever, I don't look at people that way. That's sort of what I mean about our society.

Brother, don't take advice from women, because they don't have heterosexual relationships with women.

According to women, your a woman in your "league" is a woman who collects $200 a month from welfare, has a child she can't take care of, has terrible credit, has a criminal record, and friends who will knock you in the head in order to get the last dollar in your wallet.

Old 01-30-2010, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Great example! What about looks, attitude, having something in common, sense of humour, etc...??? Does this not reflect for a good reason to date someone, or is it, that some people, look deeper, for their own benefit?
Most women don't care about that. If a pedophile is earning $250,000 a year, she would marry him. If a dude is a drug dealer who has 12 year old kids murdered for not getting permission to sell drugs on his neighborhood, she will still commit to him.

Women in general don't care about a man's attitude, morals, career goals, and etc. They only care about what a man can offer them financially.

On the other hand women will date a guy who doesn't make a lot of money so she can control him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships