Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 05:51 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,660,769 times

Advertisements

in her case by "polite" what i mean is that i don't confront her on her past rudeness to me--I just avoid her although i still say hello to her believe it or not. really tho i shouldn't be.

But this type of character takes a "hello" to mean "I do".

SInce i made the fatal mistake of having lunch with her 6 years ago when she first came on the job, she still interprets that as marriage vows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM

Default well virgode

her response to that would be something like "I'm only trying to be friendly why are you rude to me"? in a loud voice. like a real psychopath who turns things around

Old 03-04-2010, 05:59 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,538,660 times
Sure they do, she over stepped your boundaries. The boss figures you can handle the unwanted overtures. Don't be so nice to this woman, don't say hello, nada. Give the non-verbal clues, that the two of you are not friends and open to conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
in her case by "polite" what i mean is that i don't confront her on her past rudeness to me--I just avoid her although i still say hello to her believe it or not. really tho i shouldn't be.

But this type of character takes a "hello" to mean "I do".

SInce i made the fatal mistake of having lunch with her 6 years ago when she first came on the job, she still interprets that as marriage vows

Old 03-04-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
her response to that would be something like "I'm only trying to be friendly why are you rude to me"? in a loud voice. like a real psychopath who turns things around
Tell her you didn't hear her, when she starts with her the crap, tell her you have things you need to do.

Your going to have to be curt but not rude or she'll continue to plaque you.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:11 PM

Default I have given 98% non-verbal clues

that i am not interested. she even said a few times "I know you don't like me"

what on earth is she trying to do? extortion, false accusation, or is she just a moron with little to no social sense?

I mean i was badly rejected by a co-worker years ago and i was over the angry/hurt/bewildered part in a few weeks

how can someone get every indication of no interest since 2004 and still hold a fantasy of attracting someone who has no interest

since 2004 that's 2 presidential elections for godssake!!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:16 PM

She likes the game.
EDIT
This womans getting alot of gratification from what she's doing, she knows there's no interest on your part.

Quote:
that i am not interested. she even said a few times "I know you don't like me"

what on earth is she trying to do? extortion, false accusation, or is she just a moron with little to no social sense?

I mean i was badly rejected by a co-worker years ago and i was over the angry/hurt/bewildered part in a few weeks

how can someone get every indication of no interest since 2004 and still hold a fantasy of attracting someone who has no interest

since 2004 that's 2 presidential elections for godssake!!

Old 03-04-2010, 06:25 PM

Default but she

doesn't know what's in the opponent's mind. the opponent in this case has shut down from toxic work/social interactions and parties and is ready to slide the knife in the back (with lots of anesthetic of course) of others who remind him of his old tormentors. kind of like how Paul Kersey shoots the bad guys in Death Wish, then runs away so no one can catch him!!

the opponent can be planning to make her lose the game each and every time but evidently she sees me as some kind of fool who will never try to "get his" or use a higher level of adult sophistication to see thru her game

it's like she thinks i'm as pure as the driven snow

Old 03-04-2010, 06:34 PM

50,312 posts, read 63,868,866 times
rlrl? Does anyone else in the office have a problem with her, or is it just you? Maybe you are overly sensitive? Seems like getting your goat is her entertainment.

The best way you could get back at her is to smother her with attention. She'd probably go running for the hills.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:40 PM

Default many do

have a problem with her. several of the guys have had incidents with her. the maintenance worker can't stand her and pops off at her. she complains that a room is dirty when he cleans the offices after staff goes home. he tries to tell her but she repeats the same complaint over and over

she hates the young girls. last year she tried to get me to confront one of the young girls for "harassing" her when there was no harrasment involved. luckliy we all ganged up on her and put her in her place

i'm probably no more sensitive than the others but what is different about me is that i stay angry about it longer and have difficulty forgetting about it, especially when it is announced that she is coming back

Old 03-04-2010, 06:42 PM

It's impossible to avoid all the toxic ppl out there, all you can do is change how much you'll let them effect you. You need to read Eckhart Tolle's books.

Quote:
doesn't know what's in the opponent's mind. the opponent in this case has shut down from toxic work/social interactions and parties and is ready to slide the knife in the back (with lots of anesthetic of course) of others who remind him of his old tormentors. kind of like how Paul Kersey shoots the bad guys in Death Wish, then runs away so no one can catch him!!

the opponent can be planning to make her lose the game each and every time but evidently she sees me as some kind of fool who will never try to "get his" or use a higher level of adult sophistication to see thru her game

it's like she thinks i'm as pure as the driven snow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships