Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 12:53 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,149 times

Advertisements

Leave it to blue to come up with some wonderful ideas.

You are doing pretty good in the ladies department. You dog you.

Just come on out and play and you will find yourself lightening up even more than ever. We don't want you to be a hermit, and this is great training.

New rule: You gotta post on here at least once a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 12:57 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Okay, montana, I am back, but I have to know how much you know about scorpions and other critters in Phoenix. I am serious here, let me know Oh something else, angel, do you know anybody? It may take both of us to help him out.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-03-2007 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: add content

Old 06-03-2007, 02:47 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,891,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Thanks for all of the positive input everyone. The main reason I'm moving to Nashville is that I'm a guitar player and I played in bands for quite a long time when I was younger. I've been to all fifty states and being the analytical person that I am I really looked at the pros and cons of all of them including climate, crime, housing costs, taxes, etc. Tennessee is much less expensive than where I live now and I like the variety of music that you can listen to. I'd also like to meet some other musicians and maybe play again although I've got to be careful because I have a serious inner ear problem. I just retired at the end of December and I've just been trying to get this house sold. I'm also into photography and traveling. I'm really an easy going person who doesn't like conflict (just friendly debates about religion,etc) and I have a kind of goofball sense of humour.
I have so many friends and coworkers who end up perpetually single after they get into their fourties that it's unbelievable. I have been thinking of trying one of those online dating websites and maybe I will once I get moved. Anyway, thanks again for your advice.
MontanaGuy, why can't you play guitar in Chandler in the meantime? Aren't there any music-loving ladies your age there? Aren't there any clubs nearby that cater to 40s-50s folk? Is the area mostly young families? Isn't there any older adults organizations out there?

Old 06-03-2007, 05:52 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
blue62 wrote:
Quote:
Okay, montana, I am back, but I have to know how much you know about scorpions and other critters in Phoenix.
I haven't had scorpions in my own house but I've seen them. From what I hear they're pretty hard to get rid of. It's supposed to be 106 tomorrow so we're getting into the hot season again. I'm really hoping I can be out of here and on my way to Tennessee one of these days. I don't know if it would make any sense to try to meet someone locally if I'm just going to move away. I actually really like the climate here, the winters are great and I don't even mind the hot summers but I'd like a change and I really do like Nashville. I'm going to attend my 40th class reunion in Montana this summer so who knows, maybe I'll connect with an old classmate up there.
cricket_factor, As far as music is concerned there's not many places where an older person can find a group and fit into the local music scene. I'm not into old people's music(polkas, Lawrence Welk), if I can use that term, and I've seen musicians playing at the clubs in Nashville that are alot older than I am. I think that my house is going to sell sooner or later and once I get moved I intend to change my hermit lifestyle.
Thanks everyone.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM

You're doing real good now Montana,,Just one (or two) more bits of advice. Number one quit thinking you are old! Number two, I don't know anyone our age who is into polka and Lawrence Welk. Think about it..Our parents and grandparents were. We are into "That Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seeger I love that song. Hey maybe you can get your hands on the video Fast times at Ridgemont High(not sure if this is the movie., but the movie cops will let me know if I am wrong) with Tom Cruise and check out his version., There are no more beautiful love songs than from the fifties and sixties, and I bet you know some. Now you know that in Tennessee, they are my country cousins and we like Country music, but I think you are already into that, right..Well, thats it for now, I will not interfere much from now on, because you seem so confident ...Best of luck, good sport

Old 06-03-2007, 06:53 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,047 times
I'm only 21 and I find it difficult.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:00 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
You're doing real good now Montana,,Just one (or two) more bits of advice. Number one quit thinking you are old! Number two, I don't know anyone our age who is into polka and Lawrence Welk. Think about it..Our parents and grandparents were. We are into "That Old Time Rock and Roll" by Bob Seeger I love that song. Hey maybe you can get your hands on the video Fast times at Ridgemont High(not sure if this is the movie., but the movie cops will let me know if I am wrong) with Tom Cruise and check out his version., There are no more beautiful love songs than from the fifties and sixties, and I bet you know some. Now you know that in Tennessee, they are my country cousins and we like Country music, but I think you are already into that, right..Well, thats it for now, I will not interfere much from now on, because you seem so confident ...Best of luck, good sport
miss blue,,think that movie was called risky business

call me a rebel call me what you will say im old fashion say im over the hil,,,todays music aint got the same soul,,not like that old time rocknroll

Old 06-03-2007, 07:16 PM

mbm, I remember now, also remember that I really hated that movie I mentioned, but my kids liked it. Back then I liked Tom Cruise,too. He is still a great actor, but just don't like him personally

Old 06-03-2007, 07:42 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
mbm, I remember now, also remember that I really hated that movie I mentioned, but my kids liked it. Back then I liked Tom Cruise,too. He is still a great actor, but just don't like him personally
fast times,,,hmmmm can barely remember,,,think sean penn was a pothead named spicoli,,,,,and think i remember phoebe cates coming out of a swimming pool (burned into my memory, for some reason) and oh yes,,another famous movie line from,,judge reinhold,,,,something like that,,when he got "interrupted"
" Doesnt anyone friggin knock anymore"??

Old 06-03-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
fast times,,,"
" Doesnt anyone friggin knock anymore"??
I remember that line.. I use it everytime my x-son in law comes over he never knocks..I will catch him with the alarm system one of these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships