Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,789,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Most of the MEN that I know, DO consider it proper to pay....on ANY date. It's only because of the plethora of cheap sniveling man-weasels that so many women have started paying half. It's NOT my "share" if YOU asked me out. It's YOUR responsibility to pay for a date that YOU have offered. It's the 21st century, but that doesn't mean that respect and etiquette is dead.

Weasels are highly intelligent.

/just saying.

Dude sounded lame. You're really gonna impress the ladies with no job, crummy social skills, and bad kissing.

Wonder if he did the weasel war dance after he got her to pay....
Weasel war dance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I had a pretty friend one time who used to get a free dinner every other week or so from some sniveling man weasel. She had no intention of ever doing anything with the dude, besides getting a free dinner...or so she said. I guess she'd be considered a snidely woman-stoat?

Maybe an ermine. Ermine sounds better than stoat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 11:52 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,149,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplementmoi View Post
I joined two online dating sites recently and went on my first date in a long time yesterday. My date had to borrow his sister's car to come on our date. When he got there, we had Tex Mex which he was trying for the first time. He really liked it. We had good conversation throughout. When the bill comes, he says "So, how are we gonna do this?" and he turns to me.....I'm glad I was able to convince him to try the restaurant's special which was fajitas for two at $12.87 which is normally $25. I ended up paying for our meal which included his sprite and the tip. Total was right below $20 so not expensive at all....but...so we leave the restaurant. Outside in the parking lot, he catches me off-guard and kisses me. One of the worst kisses I've had in a long time. He suggests we go to the mall. By the way, I knew he was unemployed before we went on the date. I didn't let that bother me since many have fallen on hard times lately. (But he doesn't even have a cell phone.) Well, once in the mall, he asks to borrow my cell phone to call his sister to find out if he can stay out later or if she needs him to return with the vehicle. He is 32 y/o. (He is currently living with his sister rent-free.) I tell him I'm meeting some of my friends at a pub. He says "I don't want you to go to the pub, I rather you stay and hang out with me." I was just laughing inside. You can't even pay for a $20 meal yet u wanna tell me what to do?? LOL. So I say, well, where exactly are we gonna go? He has no money or at least pretends not to and I definitely am not gonna pay for anything else. So I told him it was either we go to the pub or he can leave. He suggests we go to my place to which I responded by scoffing. He goes with me to a pub where I met some of my friends. He was so quiet...didn't say a word to my friends outside of "Hi, I'm _______." He left shortly thereafter and went home. I stayed with my friends. He asked me if I was going to call him today. I didn't. I get a message from him saying "Did I do that poorly last night that I don't even get a last call to say things won't work. I have to admit I expected better from you. I guess I miss judged u." So that's his message word for word, spelled just like he did.

Needless to say, there will not be a second date. How could he expect a second date and for me to be head over heels with him after that?????
You let him get away with being this big of a douche, and I can't even get women to respond to my emails.

I'd say you're problem is common, you're a woman so you have bad taste in character.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:54 AM

87 posts, read 133,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You let him get away with being this big of a douche, and I can't even get women to respond to my emails.

I'd say you're problem is common, you're a woman so you have bad taste in character.
*sigh*

Old 02-01-2010, 12:00 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,817,074 times
Quote:

I'm starting to get a sense for why you're not getting any responses to your e-mails.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,149,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplementmoi View Post
*sigh*
It's ok, you'll learn to have standards eventually, but you should hold them up to personality more than physical looks.

Every woman deserves to be treated well by the man their dating, you just have to make sure you find a man that knows this. He may not look like brad pitt.

Big Hint: Unemployed is a big red flag, not a deal breaker, but you should proceed with caution.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:06 PM

87 posts, read 133,274 times
Quote:
It's ok, you'll learn to have standards eventually, but you should hold them up to personality more than physical looks.

Every woman deserves to be treated well by the man their dating, you just have to make sure you find a man that knows this. He may not look like brad pitt.

Big Hint: Unemployed is a big red flag, not a deal breaker, but you should proceed with caution.
You are very bitter. I'm guessing it's due to your own failed attempts at dating. I'm sorry for you that the women you email don't like you. Maybe you are not engaging. Maybe you are trying WAY TOO HARD. If your posts are any indication of how you talk to women in real life, it is no surprise women don't entertain you.

As far as my standards go...that's none of your business.

Where in my post was there any mention of looks? You need to go and read it again. Reading is fundamental.

If unemployment was a deal-breaker for me, I would never have gone out on a date. As someone else has mentioned in this thread, there is a difference between unemployed and being completely broke.

I bid you adieu and good day!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:33 PM

951 posts, read 1,807,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson
Kinda sad, poor guy. I think I'd take a good, hard look at my profile if I were you. Especially the part that says...."What I am looking for in a date". I would use some good key words like. "ambitious", "motivated", "hard working", "goal setting", "financially sound", etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
By the time these guys could be looking seriously, they've started to hear all the stories from the divorce wars.

There is a very narrow window of opportunity now days.

A couple of well educated, high earning young lads have recently taken up the game I play. One in particular has all the women atwitter.

Having a beer afterwards - hardly the first time - I was contemplating some advice for them - Namely, "if they were interested in eventually getting married, don't get too engrossed in this activity and let too many years slide by", but they struck first.

I was surprised that both had a degree of awareness of the pitfalls of marriage that I probably wasn't aware of until about age 33. Neither is 25 yet. The power of the internet. A few months on City Data would probably finish them off.
Kind of sad the way things are going.

The women are all going "I need, I want, I must have". Then they worry about non existant posts about them being "gold diggers". That certainly wasn't my thought!

Meanwhile, nobody asks why a guy would want a realtionship but if they did, there would be no mystery why so often this is what you get.

Then someone says, "If only he had a job." That used to be a big thing. Getting a career was unnecessary. No longer.

Are you only planning to go with him when he is working because guys who "just get a job" are constantly inand outof employment in today's economy?

Now days, guys who can get a career are rare and they are nobody's fool. Can women keep up with them?

Old 02-01-2010, 12:41 PM

272 posts, read 284,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I'm waiting for the golddigging accusers to descend. . . everyone take cover.
She knew that the guy didn't have an income.

If I was unemployed and going out with a woman, I would have at least paid for my own meal. $20? LMFAO!!!!

I had that kind of money when I was a junior high school student.

She sures does know how to pick them.

I bet $20 if a guy came off as socially inept, but was able to pay for her meal at Joes Crab Shack or Red Lobster, she would have dumped him for not being passive-aggressive or being for being timid.

Women are getting what they deserve when they end up going dates with bums.

It was $20 for crying out loud. I spent $20 a day on BS when I was 12 years old, and was money I earned from mowing lawns or from repairing computers.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:45 PM

272 posts, read 284,920 times
WTF, dude was 32 years old and he couldn't afford his own meal at Tex Mex????

LMFAO!!!!!

He had the nerve to catch you off guard and kiss you?

Was this dude Afro American? Are you a White lady? I am not trying to sound racist, but when I dated a White lady last year, she told me she was shocked that I paid for her meal at Joes Crab Shack, and paid for her movie ticket. She said when she goes out with Black guys, she ends up paying for everything.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,160,690 times
Quote:

minus the random assumptions this guy is right. tons of great guys out there, but she is going out with the 32 yr old unemployed guy who has to borrow his sisters car and has a curfew.

this could have easily been avoided, but she just prolonged the date rather then ending it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships