Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,523,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Do you guys think manlets have sideburns?
Yes, and they gradually taper off into a bag o douche chin strap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 11:20 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,639 times
Thank you everyone who defended my intentions during my absence. I am tossing invisible cookies to you right now as I type (I'm that good at multitasking).

I and the other sane posters on this forum clearly see that you are far from a golddigger. However, many of our infinitely more bitter and jaded members love to play the game of "let's see how we can make this thread about golddigging, regardless of how unrelated the original topic is." It's kind of become a running joke around here. If you stick around, you will see what I mean. My original post on this thread was my attempt at humor.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:23 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Kinda sad, poor guy. I think I'd take a good, hard look at my profile if I were you. Especially the part that says...."What I am looking for in a date". I would use some good key words like. "ambitious", "motivated", "hard working", "goal setting", "financially sound", etc.
By the time these guys could be looking seriously, they've started to hear all the stories from the divorce wars.

There is a very narrow window of opportunity now days.

A couple of well educated, high earning young lads have recently taken up the game I play. One in particular has all the women atwitter.

Having a beer afterwards - hardly the first time - I was contemplating some advice for them - Namely, "if they were interested in eventually getting married, don't get too engrossed in this activity and let too many years slide by", but they struck first.

I was surprised that both had a degree of awareness of the pitfalls of marriage that I probably wasn't aware of until about age 33. Neither is 25 yet. The power of the internet. A few months on City Data would probably finish them off.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:25 PM

87 posts, read 133,649 times
Whoa nelly!! LOL

The restaurant was neither fast-food nor cheap. I live in Houston which is a pretty inexpensive city to begin with. A decent Mexican restaurant usually charges about $12 to $15 for fajitas for one person. When our waiter came to the table, he told us what the special was for the day and thank goodness he did. I love fajitas. He had never had tex mex before so it seemed like a good choice.

I really just needed to vent about my disappointing first date experience. Hopefully next time I post, it'll be a great experience

Old 01-31-2010, 11:27 PM

87 posts, read 133,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Thank you everyone who defended my intentions during my absence. I am tossing invisible cookies to you right now as I type (I'm that good at multitasking).

I and the other sane posters on this forum clearly see that you are far from a golddigger. However, many of our infinitely more bitter and jaded members love to play the game of "let's see how we can make this thread about golddigging, regardless of how unrelated the original topic is." It's kind of become a running joke around here. If you stick around, you will see what I mean. My original post on this thread was my attempt at humor.
Gotcha Mango Tango

Old 01-31-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplementmoi View Post
Whoa nelly!! LOL

The restaurant was neither fast-food nor cheap. I live in Houston which is a pretty inexpensive city to begin with. A decent Mexican restaurant usually charges about $12 to $15 for fajitas for one person. When our waiter came to the table, he told us what the special was for the day and thank goodness he did. I love fajitas. He had never had tex mex before so it seemed like a good choice.

I really just needed to vent about my disappointing first date experience. Hopefully next time I post, it'll be a great experience
NotARedneck is obsessed with the idea that all women are evil and WILL exploit and divorce men. Apparently, we all have giant spiky tails and blood dripping fangs as well. Don't forget the hearts of coal and eyes that only see cold hard cash. In fact, I've never heard him speak fondly of women at all on this forum.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:30 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Yes, and they gradually taper off into a bag o douche chin strap.

Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. The beard, but without the mustache. That ought to be illegal.

Old 01-31-2010, 11:36 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,034,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Yes that is exactly what I was thinking. The beard, but without the mustache. That ought to be illegal.
so should wearing pink shirts which say "only tough guys wear pink"..i swear i want to go slap a manlet every time i have seen this...

Old 01-31-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
so should wearing pink shirts which say "only tough guys wear pink"..i swear i want to go slap a manlet every time i have seen this...
I like guys in pink. Well, pink dress shirts that is. One of my favorite looks for a man is a light pink dress shirt, navy blazer with gold buttons, and tan pants. The tie is striped with navy and a darker pink.

Okay, I'm getting carried away!

Old 01-31-2010, 11:41 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,852,845 times
Finally the thread moved beyond potential gold digger comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Google it! You'll never forgive yourself for the 10 minutes you wasted tho!
You still have dial up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships