Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,028,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
I like guys in pink. Well, pink dress shirts that is. One of my favorite looks for a man is a light pink dress shirt, navy blazer with gold buttons, and tan pants. The tie is striped with navy and a darker pink.

Okay, I'm getting carried away!
LOL< waving both hands..and shaking head> Nope...no pink..except on females..don't fall for it, it's a trap....then you will have to put up with the lack of stones.... The blazer with tan is a nice look however..every man should own both
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 12:09 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,517,308 times
Quote:
I like guys in pink. Well, pink dress shirts that is. One of my favorite looks for a man is a light pink dress shirt, navy blazer with gold buttons, and tan pants. The tie is striped with navy and a darker pink.

Okay, I'm getting carried away!
Lmao! "Navy blazer with gold buttons". Is there a fetish for a ship captain or airline pilot?

Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,189,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by si33 View Post
LOL< waving both hands..and shaking head> Nope...no pink..except on females..don't fall for it, it's a trap....then you will have to put up with the lack of stones.... The blazer with tan is a nice look however..every man should own both
I have pink shirts and I have turned heads like no mans business when I wear them. I do also have a magenta shirt that I bought from Spain, that is one of my favourites. I'm sexy in it and I know it.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,738,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
You still have dial up?
No...why...you wanna call me? I'll bet it took you less than 10 minutes to find out what a manlet is!

You still have sideburns?

Old 02-01-2010, 07:17 AM

4,533 posts, read 8,323,230 times
First of all, if I was ever unemployed, I would not be going out on a date. I would never go dutch on a date and I would pay for all my dates. I am the man, it is my responsibility to have my own car, pick her up (unless we meet somewhere) and pay for our date. No I would never ask her for money. If I needed change of a 20, I go up to the cashier or waiter and get change of a 20.

If I can't take care of myself and support myself, how am I ever going to take care of her?

Now to the OP, um you don't owe him any explanation. Ignore his calls, texts, whatever. He'll never get it that he messed up and of course he'll blame you rather than looking in the mirror. You'll get better answers from a brick wall.

However, don't give up, you'll find someone.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:01 AM

2,035 posts, read 5,028,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
Lmao! "Navy blazer with gold buttons". Is there a fetish for a ship captain or airline pilot?
See, i was thinking..if Ms. MT had said a red Blazer w/ gold buttons and dark hair..i would have assumed that she really does love her Captain.. but, with the blue one,..makes me think the fetish might be more in line with someone who is more of an Academic character....though i could see her dating an airline pilot..

D, hey, if you look alright in 'em..go for it..but, for the most part, only manlets wear the "tough guy" pinkies..since they are juzzt suoowww thensitiv'....puke And yes, jays makes a good point ..often they have the chin strap thingiee as well..though it is debatable as to if this is a manlet trait or just something they have copied to make themselves look all manly..

Old 02-01-2010, 08:23 AM

519 posts, read 1,047,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How about because this is the 21st century and it's no longer considered "chivalrous" to presume a woman doesn't have the financial wherewithal to pay her share; in fact it's practically considered patronizing. Just as you'd dump a guy who didn't pick up the whole tab on the first date, I would have serious reservations about a second date with a woman who thinks the man should pick up the tab on the first date. What that says to me is "she expects to be a kept woman." That doesn't fly in 2010.
Going dutch on a first date has nothing do to with showing that you can financially support yourself.

If a gentleman pays for the lady it's not done because she's poor.

It's because it's romance.

*swoons*

I don't mind if some people think it's old fashioned - I don't think it is - and I'm entitled to my opinion.

I would pay if the guy made it clear he expected me to - but I wouldn't feel very special - and I'd never see him again.

BTW I'd never ask a man out or make any moves at all - so with me it would never be a case of me asking him out and wanting a free meal.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,622,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How about because this is the 21st century and it's no longer considered "chivalrous" to presume a woman doesn't have the financial wherewithal to pay her share; in fact it's practically considered patronizing. Just as you'd dump a guy who didn't pick up the whole tab on the first date, I would have serious reservations about a second date with a woman who thinks the man should pick up the tab on the first date. What that says to me is "she expects to be a kept woman." That doesn't fly in 2010.
It's not about who has money; it's about being a good host or hostess. If you extend an invitation, you are the host and therefore pay. I wouldn't invite you to my house for dinner and expect you to bring a couple of side dishes and the dessert.

Going dutch is like a potluck: okay in casual situations and always agreed-upon beforehand. Would I be affronted if you accepted an invitation to a meal at my house and then showed up expecting to be fed? No, I am the hostess of the event.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,357,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplementmoi View Post
I joined two online dating sites recently and went on my first date in a long time yesterday. My date had to borrow his sister's car to come on our date. When he got there, we had Tex Mex which he was trying for the first time. He really liked it. We had good conversation throughout. When the bill comes, he says "So, how are we gonna do this?" and he turns to me.....I'm glad I was able to convince him to try the restaurant's special which was fajitas for two at $12.87 which is normally $25. I ended up paying for our meal which included his sprite and the tip. Total was right below $20 so not expensive at all....but...so we leave the restaurant. Outside in the parking lot, he catches me off-guard and kisses me. One of the worst kisses I've had in a long time. He suggests we go to the mall. By the way, I knew he was unemployed before we went on the date. I didn't let that bother me since many have fallen on hard times lately. (But he doesn't even have a cell phone.) Well, once in the mall, he asks to borrow my cell phone to call his sister to find out if he can stay out later or if she needs him to return with the vehicle. He is 32 y/o. (He is currently living with his sister rent-free.) I tell him I'm meeting some of my friends at a pub. He says "I don't want you to go to the pub, I rather you stay and hang out with me." I was just laughing inside. You can't even pay for a $20 meal yet u wanna tell me what to do?? LOL. So I say, well, where exactly are we gonna go? He has no money or at least pretends not to and I definitely am not gonna pay for anything else. So I told him it was either we go to the pub or he can leave. He suggests we go to my place to which I responded by scoffing. He goes with me to a pub where I met some of my friends. He was so quiet...didn't say a word to my friends outside of "Hi, I'm _______." He left shortly thereafter and went home. I stayed with my friends. He asked me if I was going to call him today. I didn't. I get a message from him saying "Did I do that poorly last night that I don't even get a last call to say things won't work. I have to admit I expected better from you. I guess I miss judged u." So that's his message word for word, spelled just like he did.

Needless to say, there will not be a second date. How could he expect a second date and for me to be head over heels with him after that?????
I know it's easy for me to say, being married and all, but don't be discouraged. Cliche phrase - there is someone for everyone.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:42 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,357,275 times
Quote:
I'm waiting for the golddigging accusers to descend. . . everyone take cover.
You didn't have to wait too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships