Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:34 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
oh and p.s.:

This MF "man" in paticular does not deserve respect because he can't respect a professional working relationship. So sorry..I don't respect men who use work as a p****wagon.

Not all men are like this trash. Those are the ones you don't use. But this dude...lol
I can agree with this. You CHOOSE who to be the P***Ywagon for, OP.
Never forget that simple fact. There's someone out there, right now that thinks of women as p****wagons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 05:58 PM

272 posts, read 286,399 times
Quote:
oh and p.s.:

This MF "man" in paticular does not deserve respect because he can't respect a professional working relationship. So sorry..I don't respect men who use work as a p****wagon.
The same goes for women who uses her office took lure guys to pay for their meals. It goes both ways. Personally, I would never use my job as a place to look for chicks to bang, because I do not believe in dipping my pen in the company's ink.
Quote:
Not all men are like this trash. Those are the ones you don't use. But this dude...lol
Like I said, it goes both ways. I would had more respect for the OP, if she just went to HR and made a formal sexual harassment complaint.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:02 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,039,772 times
I think all you people in here are overly harsh on this girl. Don't sit up here and tell me that NONE of you have EVER used anybody for anything especially in your lean collage days which this girl happens to be in.

If that's the case then why do you posters that I recognize always boast that you want your lover to have a "degree", "a job", "a car", and x amount of dollars? What? Is it for decoration or is it to somehow indirectly BENEFIT FROM IT!

The girl is just talking about getting a free (50 buck or less) meal. It's NOTHING in comparison to women who use men to buy assure cut diamonds and designer handbags.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I think all you people in here are overly harsh on this girl. Don't sit up here and tell me that NONE of you have EVER used anybody for anything especially in your lean collage days which this girl happens to be in.

If that's the case then why do you posters that I recognize always boast that you want your lover to have a "degree", "a job", "a car", and x amount of dollars? What? Is it for decoration or is it to somehow indirectly BENEFIT FROM IT!

The girl is just talking about getting a free (50 buck or less) meal. It's NOTHING in comparison to women who use men to buy assure cut diamonds and designer handbags.
Personally I think the OP is a douchette, but I don't see the big deal with this thread either.

He's not a teenager, he knows what time it is. He bought her some food. So what? He can probably afford it and thinks nothing of it.

Knowing her ego from past threads it's also entirely likely he's just old school and is used to paying a womans way and might not even expect anything from her. You'd think he'd have made his move by now.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post

When the OP states that she took the guy to a dinner and spent the SAME amount of money he spent on her, then I will take back everything I said about her. Until then, she is a Venus Fly Trap.
Another cheapskate. Brilliant. What if he makes 10x more money than she does?

Funny how I never run into these guys IRL, but they are all over the internet.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:32 PM

272 posts, read 286,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Another cheapskate. Brilliant. What if he makes 10x more money than she does?
I have been out with older women who were millionaires. I still offered to pay for my OWN meal. If they insisted on paying for my meal and buying me expensive gifts, then I already knew what they wanted out of me. If I was totally repulsed by their looks, I would tell them if I you won't allow me to pay for my own meal, then I will just walk up to the cashier and pay my portion and walk away. It's called having some class.

There have been times back in my early 20s when a middle aged business guys who had earned over $250,000 a year would invite me to an expensive restaurant, and I he offered to pay for my portion of the bill that was around $100. I got the hint that he didn't just want to be buddies, so I paid for my own meal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Funny how I never run into these guys IRL, but they are all over the internet.
Most men in general are dumb when it comes to women. That is why.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:01 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,503 times
I think the guy knows what he's doing, and is now backing off slowly and she is throwing her little toys out of the pram like the little girl she is. He made a mistake and he's trying to rectify it by basically staying away from her.

In my job, I've paid meals and coffees for MEN. At least I know where I stand with them. They have paid for me as well, and there is no taking advantage of each other there. We are on the same wavelength and we appreciate that. With women I am leaving myself open for a lot of unnecessary nonsense and abuse that I could do without [like this for example]. I'm not saying all women are leeches, but I just don't want to put myself into a situation like that, so it's just best to avoid paying ANYTHING at all for women you work with. Unless you are really good friends outside work as well.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:18 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
....The man is playing the game. She is just the controller of who wins...
Not really. Notice that this whole thread was started AFTER he stopped paying attention to her.

He was interested, she wasn't, nothing sexual occurred. This kind of thing goes on all the time.

It just seems to me that the OP is missing the feeling of power, meals etc. and now that the guy has STOPPED showing interest, wants to tell him that she isn't interested, doesn't find him attractive etc. (The more I think about it I think she is being passive aggressive, perhaps even abusive to stroke her own ego.)

----------------------------------------------------

Now, since you are younger like the OP...brace yourself because the game is not constant. You are 22 now so yeah, girls that age are in the drivers seat. (Except with the guys that just don't consider dating widely out of their age range). However, guys in their 20's are learning the lessons you are teaching them about how to treat others when you are holding the upper hand. Once you are older the game balances out or even swings in favor of the men. Read all the threads started here about women that have trouble finding a decent 40yo guy without major issues that is willing to date gals thier own age.

It's supply and demand, I just think we can all try to be a little kinder to each other in what is already an emotionally difficult process.

Old 02-04-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post

Now, since you are younger like the OP...brace yourself because the game is not constant. You are 22 now so yeah, girls that age are in the drivers seat. (Except with the guys that just don't consider dating widely out of their age range).
Pretty sure Pitt is in her 30s.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:59 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,162,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now, since you are younger like the OP...brace yourself because the game is not constant. You are 22 now so yeah, girls that age are in the drivers seat. (Except with the guys that just don't consider dating widely out of their age range). However, guys in their 20's are learning the lessons you are teaching them about how to treat others when you are holding the upper hand. Once you are older the game balances out or even swings in favor of the men. Read all the threads started here about women that have trouble finding a decent 40yo guy without major issues that is willing to date gals thier own age.

It's supply and demand, I just think we can all try to be a little kinder to each other in what is already an emotionally difficult process.
Indeed. The comment from this article is a good read:

Wise girls settle for Mr Good Enough - Times Online

Quote:
I will be 44 this year and until around 10 years ago I had men falling at my feet, (a situation I assumed would never end) but the dearth of attention in my late 30’s & early 40’s has been astounding. The majority of men at this age are married or (worse) too young, and looking for a ‘cougar’. The nicest guy I know loved me deeply, (I think he still does) but my rejection caused him to marry someone else, have children with her and move to another country. I saw him last week and when we parted I sobbed for an hour. We change, we evolve and our needs become more fundamental. It’s not settling, it’s having the foresight to realise that this will happen. I wish I knew that before, my ‘wish list’ would have looked completely different.
One more:
Marry Him! - The Atlantic (March 2008)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships