Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 07:11 AM

964 posts, read 3,159,396 times

Advertisements

So, a girl I see a lot at a restaurant I sometimes go to, well she always tries to talk to me. And usually, it's always a random way to start. Like last time, she told me she remembered a funny story with her cousin and my skull cap I was wearing at the time reminded her of it.

Course, I usually don't talk as much because I'm full at the time, sleepy, and slightly groggy because I usually have just gotten off work at the time. Still, should I make a move?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 07:13 AM

2,179 posts, read 3,402,538 times
Why not? That's not a rhetorical question.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:21 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,942,278 times
If you find her attractive...sure.

Sounds like she is into you.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:38 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post
So, a girl I see a lot at a restaurant I sometimes go to, well she always tries to talk to me. And usually, it's always a random way to start. Like last time, she told me she remembered a funny story with her cousin and my skull cap I was wearing at the time reminded her of it.

Course, I usually don't talk as much because I'm full at the time, sleepy, and slightly groggy because I usually have just gotten off work at the time. Still, should I make a move?
Depends on what your "move" is. If you play it cool, it could work out.

This is what I would do, given I don't have much success asking women out in person, but I've done it a lot.

1. Just ask her for her phone number. Don't tell her why, just say "hey, what's your number". You'll find out REALLY quick if she's interested. If she starts spitting out the numbers or writes it down without hesitation, you're gold. If she asks "why?" or hesitates before responding, I wouldn't call her, and I'd take it as a sign of being uninterested.

2. You could toe the friend line and if she has more interest, she'll make it happen. Basically ask her to come hang out at a bar one night with you and some friends. Just say hey "Some buddies of mine are getting together for drinks later, why don't you come out with us?" This is very non-creepy and non-threatening, so if she does come out, you still won't know right away if there's interest, but at least you'll be spending time with her, and that's the key recipe for anything to develop if there's even potential.

Remember to just play it cool and don't overthink it. Worst case scenario is she says no and you find out really quick where she stands, and you can move on with your life as you already were.

That's my advice, take it or leave it.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,028 times
The worse case scenario is that you ask her on a date and she says no. At this point, you have nothing to lose since you are half asleep when she talks to you anyway LOL (teasing).

Old 02-02-2010, 10:47 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Yes. Do it already.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:23 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,191,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Depends on what your "move" is. If you play it cool, it could work out.

This is what I would do, given I don't have much success asking women out in person, but I've done it a lot.

1. Just ask her for her phone number. Don't tell her why, just say "hey, what's your number". You'll find out REALLY quick if she's interested. If she starts spitting out the numbers or writes it down without hesitation, you're gold. If she asks "why?" or hesitates before responding, I wouldn't call her, and I'd take it as a sign of being uninterested.

2. You could toe the friend line and if she has more interest, she'll make it happen. Basically ask her to come hang out at a bar one night with you and some friends. Just say hey "Some buddies of mine are getting together for drinks later, why don't you come out with us?" This is very non-creepy and non-threatening, so if she does come out, you still won't know right away if there's interest, but at least you'll be spending time with her, and that's the key recipe for anything to develop if there's even potential.

Remember to just play it cool and don't overthink it. Worst case scenario is she says no and you find out really quick where she stands, and you can move on with your life as you already were.

That's my advice, take it or leave it.
This is the correct advice. You can see her interest level in you without actually asking her out. Use the advice this guy has given you.

Old 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,168,630 times
yes

any more questions?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croye22 View Post

Dude!!! Make a move... What r u waiting for?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,403,002 times
1) Bring up common interests.
2) Bring up events that have that common interest.
3) Invite to event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships