Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:59 AM
NSX NSX started this thread

877 posts, read 2,168,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameribull View Post
Almost all. But there are exceptions. Just gotta wait for them.
Well said. I need to remind myself that it's best to wait for that 5-10% of women who don't play games and have good old fashioned values.

I think I may have finally found that fortunately, just in the early stages and seeing where it goes...

This article hits close to home, I went out with a trashy woman about a month ago who I found out was bragging to her friends that "He was too quiet for me, but at least I got a $75 meal out of him". She was pretty, but that's all she had going for her, uneducated and earning minimum wage. It definitely hurt to hear that, but you have to remind myself that I'm the better person. Sometimes people are so disgruntled with their own pathetic lives they are just out to hurt someone who's more successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM

272 posts, read 286,432 times
If I was on a date, and I got a hint that the chick was just going out to dinner with me in order to get a free meal, I would tell the chick I was going to the restroom, but actually go up to the cashier, pay for MY meal, and leave the chick to pay for her own food.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:45 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,328,000 times
I think single women are about as shallow as single men. No gender holds the market on being shallow or selfish. Both sexes have good and bad apples. Look for the good ones...

Old 02-03-2010, 02:32 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
It sounds more like making lemonade out of lemons, to me. There will always be people who will dismiss the value of an entire article by plucking out the one thing that supports their twisted beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm not a shallow person. When I was single, I dated based on their personality and how closely their lives resembled mine i.e., working full time, goal oriented, etc. I never would have dated someone thinking I was going to get something out of it. In fact, often on dates, I'd pay my own dinner tab / drinks etc just because I didn't want to be in a position where someone thought because they spent some money they were owed something. Even when I met my current SO, we went dutch for a long time before taking turns paying. LOL Just me I guess.
I agree with everything else. I'm the same way. Regarding what I highlighted, to each his/her own, but that kind of thinking really makes me sad. I don't think women realize that by refusing to allow someone to pay so they won't feel entitled is actually reinforcing that they are entitled if they pay. We can't control how they think and what they think doesn't dictate the way things are going to go. Paying your own way is not how you send the message. Not giving him any is how you send it. And I'd rather have that opportunity to see if that is what he's thinking. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSX View Post
If you read back to my original post, I didn't draw any conclusions about women in general, I just posed a question to the women out there.
No, not your original post. But......

Quote:
Well said. I need to remind myself that it's best to wait for that 5-10% of women who don't play games and have good old fashioned values.
I doubt you have the data to back that up.

Quote:
At least there's a good-size group of women who can see how lame this article is.
Not here, but I guess we don't count now because we don't agree with you.

Quote:
I showed this article to my date last night, and she said that stuff like this pisses her off because it gives young ladies a bad name. She described the author as a "stuck up b****". Her words, not mine.
Your date sounds like an idiot

Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 PM

3,457 posts, read 3,623,334 times
we can't all have the depth of character that one builds by years of idolizing the Honda NSX.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:40 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
The "free meal" would be the only comment I can see men finding fault with.
Some men, sure, like the OP and the usual suspects. I say this because, in my online dating experiences, I had numerous men tell me "What have you got to lose? If nothing else you get a free meal out of it." or something to that effect. So, while they clearly have no problem with paying the check, it was somewhat insulting; like the word "free" would get me up and going.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus Awreetus-Awrightus View Post
we can't all have the depth of character that one builds by years of idolizing the Honda NSX.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:49 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Are the majority of single women nowadays this shallow?

12 Good Things That Come Out of a Bad Date - Love + Sex on Shine

I would sure hope not. The author seems to take pride in rejecting people and using people for free meals. Whether a date goes well or not, the person sitting across from you is another human being and deserves to be treated with some dignity.

The sad thing was that this article isn’t just one woman’s blog, its part of a dating advice site of all things. Is this the majority or minority of single women?
I vote yes. 95 percent of them are shallow.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
Some men, sure, like the OP and the usual suspects. I say this because, in my online dating experiences, I had numerous men tell me "What have you got to lose? If nothing else you get a free meal out of it." or something to that effect. So, while they clearly have no problem with paying the check, it was somewhat insulting; like the word "free" would get me up and going.
Well, this is America. We go crazy for anything involving free food. People wouldn't go to half the functions and events they go to if food wasn't offered. It's a running joke.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:53 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,392,719 times
I tend to think that a majority of people in general are shallow so it doesn't seem to make sense to single out a particular group of people for something that is reflective of a majority of the population...but that is just me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships