Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:30 PM

272 posts, read 286,432 times

Advertisements

I should have known this chick was a high yellow chick with an entitlement complex. "I'm fine as hell, so men need to open up their wallets and give me what's inside"

LMFAO!!!

I was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles during days of Darryl Gates. When I was six years old, a White detective from SIS (if you lived in Los Angeles you would know what I am talking about) told me to get my Black a** back in the house while I was standing on the porch watching him cuss out someone on the other end of the radio.

A White sales clerk refused to honor a discount for a computer desk at a department store, because he was angry about the OJ verdict. "Didn't YOU PEOPLE get enough justice from a murderer getting off".

That's racism.

You're just finding a reason to complain about White people.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:41 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthcomesout View Post
I should have known this chick was a high yellow chick with an entitlement complex. "I'm fine as hell, so men need to open up their wallets and give me what's inside"

LMFAO!!!

I was born and raised in South Central Los Angeles during days of Darryl Gates. When I was six years old, a White detective from SIS (if you lived in Los Angeles you would know what I am talking about) told me to get my Black a** back in the house while I was standing on the porch watching him cuss out someone on the other end of the radio.

A White sales clerk refused to honor a discount for a computer desk at a department store, because he was angry about the OJ verdict. "Didn't YOU PEOPLE get enough justice from a murderer getting off".

That's racism.

You're just finding a reason to complain about White people.
Ahhhh, SIS!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 01:26 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
They are, but it's what people base their impressions on.
Those are the jokes you're gonna hear, and all the Scottish characters from TV and movies will be reeled out !
look at the stereotypes of blacks, chinese, mexicans, French, or Italians, and that's what people judge them by.

We make Scotch whisky. Note, with no "e".
Anything made outside Scotland can't be called Scotch.
Yes, the Irish also have that stereotype, but they are maybe more associated with Guiness.

The stereotype is that our country is prety much fuelled by it !
Whiskey with an "e" is American, yes? The only booze Asians drink are either rice wine or beer

But stereotypes are hecka fun to throw out. Nothing like making sensitive people cringe than a bunch of different colored friends saying out different stereotypes--loudly and laughing at it in a public place

Well, stereotypes aside, I'm going to go to Scotland one of these days and nab me a Scottie man

Anyone want to bite?

Old 02-03-2010, 03:35 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
What I found hilarious is that she thinks a man in a suit and tie would have more "integrity" than that. Ha! Suit and Tie is NOT synonymous with integrity... I wear a suit and tie at least 4 days a week and I have some pretty sick thoughts and say some really messed up sht. =-)

As the gangstas would say, "this ***** is frontin'!"(not even sure I used that right)

I find this very odd but your statement about wearing a suit and tie and then thinking really sick thoughts really turned me on for some reason!!!!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:40 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,029,743 times
*sigh*

Old 02-03-2010, 03:49 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
I wear a suit and tie at least 4 days a week
Really?! I wanna see! I wanna see!

Old 02-03-2010, 03:53 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
This whole thread is hilarious. LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 04:29 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I happen to be a redbone, sweetheart...
(licks lips)

Old 02-03-2010, 04:40 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,040,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
I have to say, I love my light complexion family...but some of the things they say are so subtly offensive that they really have no business even saying some of the things they do.

Today, I go to court to file a small claims. I'm waiting in line, and some gent (in a suit nontheless, around several other 'suit and tie' types) asks me which desk I was going to, as there were 2...but only a line for one (quite a unorganized setup).

I'm just there minding my business trying to get things done. Then he asks me, "what are you here for, a ticket?" As if me, a Black person couldn't be there for no other reason than being in trouble for a ticket. I was like, "well since you already know the answer why you even bother asking me? I'm actually here to sue someone...I'm sure you don't want to be next..."

Its like really, what the **** does he care what I'm there for? I found it to be an insulting comment that really was uncalled for. From what I know he wasn't a clerk, so it was unnecessary.

I know thats just 1 scenario, but its happened before in the past and Im tired of it. Its discrimination...pre-judging. Its going to get to the point where Im going to say whatever the hell is on my mind when some ignorant person...(White and Spanish tend to be notorious for that) says some slick comment thats percieved as discrimination.

I don't know if its because I live in Texas, and have only ever lived in Florida...but its ridiculous. I've heard its not like that everywhere...I remember my X was a lightskinned Puerto Rican from New York, and one time he made a SCENE at a Walgreens in Florida because some white lady (the cashier!) said some derogatory remark to him. Its got to stop. Think before you speak, especially to a stranger who is a minority!
Joei it seems to me like the guy thought you were attractive and tried to strike up a convo with you. One way to gauge a total stranger in the streets is to FIRST strike up a conversation that is neutral in subject matter.

With the answer you gave him he probably did not bother to go further because he could see that you had an attitude he did not want to deal with. Although, if it were me, I would have been like "mmmmmm nice and feisty!"

Old 02-03-2010, 04:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,556,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorrans View Post
White women don't.
This white woman had to go to court today for a ticket. I couldn't help but think of this thread...I was not the only white person there. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships