U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: How quickly did the chemistry come in your long term relationship?
Pretty much right away 34 70.83%
Had to work at it abit about one month 4 8.33%
had to work at it quite abit two-three months 1 2.08%
Had to work at it alot four months or more 1 2.08%
I'm still waiting 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:44 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,923,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
Consider me officially smitten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'll check and see if you are or not after the time limit for editing is up.
OK, time is up - it looks like you're officially smitten.

Quote:
Yes, but what if, perish the thought, you go for me in the same big way? I'm no stranger to appreciation by the fairer, sweeter, more delectable sex. I can't however claim the same hordes of admirers that you have. I don't have much to offer you in the way of a support group. You would be on your own! Would you risk it?
Condering my advanced age, I'd probably forget till the next day and it wouldn't be too troublesome!

Besides, Mr. Humble sounds almost like a manlet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 12:08 PM

2,179 posts, read 1,823,074 times
Quote:
OK, time is up - it looks like you're officially smitten.

Condering my advanced age, I'd probably forget till the next day and it wouldn't be too troublesome!

Besides, Mr. Humble sounds almost like a manlet.

Sometimes, a spotty recollection is our best friend. Anyway, how old are you? You're not pushing 80 are you? Because that's where I draw the line, and I do stand firm on that, I think it's only fair I let you know this up front.

What in the he*ll is a manlet? I have to say it doesn't sound good. And I am, as I write this stiffening my upper lip in advance to your response. Be gentle.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Anyway, how old are you? You're not pushing 80 are you? Because that's where I draw the line, and I do stand firm on that, I think it's only fair I let you know this up front.
Shoot, had I known beforehand, I was gonna lie and not vote in the 80+ group! I knew there was a reason I don't usually vote in polls!

Quote:
What in the he*ll is a manlet? I have to say it doesn't sound good. And I am, as I write this stiffening my upper lip in advance to your response. Be gentle.
Where have you been in the past few days?! The forum has been taken hostage by manlets

Old 02-05-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Shoot, had I known beforehand, I was gonna lie and not vote in the 80+ group! I knew there was a reason I don't usually vote in polls!

Where have you been in the past few days?! The forum has been taken hostage by manlets
Let us not begin our journey on a lie. You remember what Willie Nelson, the great modern day philosopher said? No, ok I'll tell you. Willie said, "Lie to no one. If it's someone important you're gonna f*** it up with a lie. And if'n it's not, then who in the f*** are they you gotta lie to them?" In time, maybe I will fall in the first category, but for the time being I guess, I'm happy to be nobody you gotta lie to.

Oh, no, I've seen the word on here for the first time in the past couple of days, just didn't know what it was until your clue. Let's put it this way, I don't think I ever was, let alone at MY advanced age.

Let's meet for drinks later. Dutch treat, ok?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Let's meet for drinks later. Dutch treat, ok?
Sierra is not Dutch. Works out, though - no regrets for not lying.

The “manlet” thing – almost nobody had heard about it before, of course.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Sierra is not Dutch. Works out, though - no regrets for not lying.

The “manlet” thing – almost nobody had heard about it before, of course.
Whatever your nationality, I am sure that you are a treat; a guilty pleasure? I never had much use for guilt either. Though, I would already consider you a pleasure.

Oh, "manlet", that's an original City Data term? Are you the coiner?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Whatever your nationality, I am sure that you are a treat; a guilty pleasure? I never had much use for guilt either. Though, I would already consider you a pleasure.
I'm certainly not a treat after Dutch treats!

Quote:
Oh, "manlet", that's an original City Data term? Are you the coiner?
Oh, no, I'm not THAT creative! It was introduced to us by Sr. Beta Manlet.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I'm certainly not a treat after Dutch treats!

Oh, no, I'm not THAT creative! It was introduced to us by Sr. Beta Manlet.
Not a treat after Dutch treats, that's pretty funny Sierra. I hope you know I was joking, not about the drinks but about the check. You'd have to wrestle it out of my grasp, which might be fun, now that I think of it... How are you at grappling, by the way? Free style, or collegiate rules? I like a good tussle, now and then.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Not a treat after Dutch treats, that's pretty funny Sierra. I hope you know I was joking, not about the drinks but about the check. You'd have to wrestle it out of my grasp, which might be fun, now that I think of it... How are you at grappling, by the way? Free style, or collegiate rules? I like a good tussle, now and then.
Sierra is not in the business of wrestling for checks, either. Sorry to disappoint ya after you already had a whole movie playing in your head.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Sierra is not in the business of wrestling for checks, either. Sorry to disappoint ya after you already had a whole movie playing in your head.

Hey, I never let fact get in the way of my imagination (read: fantasy). Movie, indeed. I have to say I am having a bit of difficulty in casting the female; the male, that's easy; it's between Cary Grant and George Clooney. We'll have to check their availability. Though I do think Grant may have prior commitments.

Who should we get to play the part of Sierra?

Let's 'think' about that....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships