Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 11:19 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,336,879 times

Advertisements

What qualities make a man a "keeper"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Well, according to some men on this forum, a man is a keeper if he is verbally and physically abusive, relegates me to the kitchen and bedroom, has at least one prison sentence under his belt, is either a murderer, rapist, or pedophile, and treats women like ultimate crap.

But that's just what a little birdie told me.

Me? A guy is a keeper if I can look up to him (admiration and respect, not height), if there is a mutual attraction, if we want similar things out of life, if he treats me kindly and tenderly, and if he can stimulate me in a variety of ways (mentally!! you perverts! ). Sure, there are a bunch of other factors, but I'm not writing you a detailed list!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:36 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
The qualities are as varried as the number of women in the world. No two are alike

Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
At first I thought this said, "Ladies: I need your facebook."

I poked in to see why you'd need to use somebody's facebook. Not at all what I expected. Carry on.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:39 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,030,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
The qualities are as varried as the number of women in the world. No two are alike
We have a winner!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:42 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Well, according to some men on this forum, a man is a keeper if he is verbally and physically abusive, relegates me to the kitchen and bedroom, has at least one prison sentence under his belt, is either a murderer, rapist, or pedophile, and treats women like ultimate crap.

But that's just what a little birdie told me.

Me? A guy is a keeper if I can look up to him (admiration and respect, not height), if there is a mutual attraction, if we want similar things out of life, if he treats me kindly and tenderly, and if he can stimulate me in a variety of ways (mentally!! you perverts! ). Sure, there are a bunch of other factors, but I'm not writing you a detailed list!

lol Ohhh if you could only hear my applause! LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 11:43 AM

1,125 posts, read 2,192,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
What qualities make a man a "keeper"?
Women want a "real man". You should know that by now like.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:45 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,644,236 times
That's a tough question. MY idea of a keeper is someone who is family oriented, grew up in a pretty normal environment with good and responsible parents.
Someone who is educated, a hard worker, can put up with me (LOL), goal oriented but still knows how to have fun. Can save money, pays bills on time, is generally responsible. Clean cut, non-smnoker, social drinker ok but not someone who drinks daily, a good listener or at least able to pretend he's listening (men just don't usually know how LOL), someone handy (can't be calling repair companies for everything) and overall a guy who doesn't NEED a woman but loves to be in a relationship. Someone who isn't clingy. That about covers it for me. So basically that is exactly what I got, an ex boy scout who has a good education, great paying job, super handy (he fixes everything), smart, funny, responsible but rides the new Harley we just got last year LOL

Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,389,499 times
A man is definitely a keeper when he whines incessantly about the wrongs society has done him. That's totally hot.

Old 02-03-2010, 11:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,326 times
For me the man has to be genuine in the sense that when he does things for you, whether it's big or small, his heart has to be in the right place. He doesn't do things out of obligation, instead he does things for you because he just wants to. He has to be funny and know how to poke fun at himself...and others too. He still has to have a sense of chivalry about him--meaning he still opens doors for you, stands up when you and return back to the table when you're out to dinner. Fun and adventurous -- girls need a guy to not be a wet blanket all the time. He needs to be fun, not all the time, but be open to fun. Nothing wrong with a homebody, but someone who likes to take a risk now and then. A guy who loves animals goes a long way with me, except the kinds of guys who "love" animals if you knwo what I mean? Oh, there's an exhaustive list of qualitites that make a man a keeper, but probably not enough room or enough posting space to list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships