Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 AM

1,203 posts, read 1,982,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
Hate to burst your bubble, but your threads on this forum say otherwise. . .

And since when was being apathetic something to be proud about? Apathetic people are like dust in the wind. . . how can life have meaning when one does not care about anything?
Where does it say that life has to have meaning?
Nothing wrong with drifting around not giving a care as long as you are not harming others.

Maybe by omission, but thats a far cry from planned malevolence.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:50 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fairfaxian View Post
At least according to my proposition.

Yes I've had to make this post out of making it clear that men of the world aren't just easily categorized into "Alphas" and "Betas." There are plenty of males who are - by the grace of modern-day media propagandists like MTV and BET - deemed alpha but are truly pushovers in the right situation. And there are men who are deemed "beta" by default because they don't feel the need to go around and act like a complete jackass or hooligan. I deem these type of males "Delta Males" and "Gamma Males" respectively.

Delta Males: These kind of guys put off a good front of acting like they're "Alpha males" by conforming into whatever is fashionable and admired by the masses. Most of these men (if you can call them that) need a lot of assurance by society to the point of having little backbone to think for themselves. Sure, many Delta males are surrounded by "friends" and are good at get their fair share of girls by "wooing" them with some pop-culture nonsense (whether it's A&F-style gauche preppiness or poser hip-hop wannabe thuggishness), but that crowd and attention is more imperative for their self-esteem than anything else. For if you take away all of the girls from them and get these same males by themselves, a Delta male's personality completely changes and their "true self" is revealed. Many of these kind of guys are rather weak-minded, crowd-pleasing, conformists who aren't even worthy of the name "Covert Betas" and "Betas in the Closet."

Gamma Males: These kind of dudes are more or less self-reliant, self-motivated, and self-assured in their own personality that no one can change their ways. Some of these kind of males are considered loners, but this is not to case for all Gamma Males. Because of their stern personality, many people tend to write off these men as "Betas" by default because they won't conform to being whatever "Chic Alpha" trait exists during that time period. The man who's confident in his own self-worth and looks is said to go a long way with what women want. But as for recent times (I'll say since the early 2000s), most females are more impressed with being "wooed" with inane attributes, something that most Gamma males will refuse to do unless their original personality is what woos the female. These men, until recently, have had no problems getting with "American females" but recently, even these males are getting thrown in the "weak male" shelf because of their lack of conforming to the masses. Though getting women - even in today's time - isn't as much of a problem as it is for the "stereotypical Alpha Male," this is still a concern for quite a few Gamma males who were either born too recent (those in their teens and twenties) or those who live in areas where narcissism and American pop-culture rule the minds of the masses.

Whether you agree with me or not on the technical terminology, the fact that there is a huge group of male personalities beyond the Alpha/Beta Male dichotomy. I just want to see if anyone else notices this as well.
What group is the modern day criminal in?

Old 12-06-2011, 11:14 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
View it as a paradox...at least when it comes to women.

You can be alpha on the outside and beta inside, or beta outside and alpha inside.

It is a very alpha thing to do to walk up to a woman, start a conversation, make the first move, and proceed leaving caution to the wind. By the very nature of it, the guy leaves just about ALL of his defenses down inside, exposing himself potentially to a great deal of hurt and rejection at any moment. Nothing really alpha about that...glad this isn't war strategy.

On the flip, a guy could beta out and fail to even talk to a woman. However, on the inside, he has protected himself like Fort Knox.

So many guys look at the pansy pulling all the women and beat themselves up inside wonder what could she possible see in him???

Actions speak louder than words and when push comes to shove, he's putting the meat on the table.

There's something very romantic about a guy willing to recklessly risk it all for her affection. The mating game is a front...that's all it is. You may have the best game plan in the world but if you're not on the field, it doesn't really matter does it?

There are guys here who will say they'd take a bullet for the woman they love. Really? Are you serious? You have the sack to do that yet can't even work up the itsy-bitsy menial fortitude it takes to ask her out? I'm sure she'll believe you on that one
Are you a male or female?? What if a man is not interested in the women around him does that still make him a beta?

Old 12-07-2011, 01:12 AM

1,591 posts, read 3,427,328 times
either a guy is a wussy or hes not

Old 12-07-2011, 04:50 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
"Beta" is not always necessarily a bad trait...

There always pros and cons to either side, whether you are an alpha or a beta...kinda just seems as though the negative factors are more commonly emphasized, when it comes to the beta side of the equation?

Just my own personal $.02 is all...

As far as gamma and delta, I'm honestly not really sure, although I can potentially see, how it might be conceivable.

Old 10-01-2015, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 677 times
Default Lots of women don't get laid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean that I'm having sex all the time or turning it down left and right, but if it makes you feel better to think that, go right ahead.

I just don't personally think someone's sex life makes them an "alpha" male. I don't think I've ever even dated an "alpha" and I'm perfectly fine with that.
No, even if it makes you feel better do not think that.
It's dangerous to think that way.
Part of the issue here with Beta Male Culture is most of the mass shootings that are happening are "Beta Males" trying to get even for not getting laid.

It's not that simple, I know lots of women who prefer true Beta males, or the submissive male.

Being an Alpha means protecting your peers not shooting them or raping them, So if you are a beta and you want to be an Alpha start by excepting that there is no such thing as the friend zone.
It doesn't exist except in your head.

To us women you are either a friend or you're not, if you feel you've been friend zoned what's really happened is some woman thought you were friends because you never said or did anything that showed her otherwise (specifically said/made your intentions clear) and then when you did she was like oh crap no I'm not into you... in other words you got rejected (it happens). This does not mean you've been friend zoned, it means you were shot down.

If you thought something was going to happen after however long of being a friend and you get mad when it doesn't that just means you are a ****ty friend. Think about it, if you are a straight guy and all of a sudden your male friend came out to you and was like I'm into you how would you feel? Now you turn them down cause you are straight and they get mad and say you friend zoned them... no you shot them down cause you weren't interested, and if they act like a jerk about it they are what? A ****ty friend. Same thing.

The world owes you Nothing!
Women owe you Nothing!!!

If you want sex that badly try being a decent person to someone who shares your interests, and telling them you are into them within the first meeting or two. Expect to get shot down sometimes, it happens.
Even us women get shot down sometimes or told we are thought of just as a friend, it's happened to me, and ya know what, I'm still friends with him because I'm not a ****ty friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships