Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 07:31 PM

2,637 posts, read 7,427,019 times

Advertisements

I'm in this age group. I don't know what to do with myself. I spent about 1.5 years after college trying to figure out to do and then another year of straight work building the framework for what I am doing now. Personal life, forget a lot of it doing what I am doing. I gave a lot of lot trying to get where I think I am going, but the road does have the occasional bumps & u-turns. It is very tough doing what I am doing, seeing other people getting married, have kids, upgrading cars & buying houses. I can go on and on about this. Being a young person really sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 08:28 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Whether you women want to believe it or not, their VALUE from a dating perspective (not as a person) will decline than what it was when they were in their 20's.
It has nothing to do with VALUE, it's more to do with the fact that there will be less available men to date them. It's not necessarily that the women become less attractive or desirable, it's that there are less single/available men. That's all.

Old 07-17-2011, 08:41 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,925,188 times
I went through a severe quarterlife crisis from the age of 24 to about 26. Just give it some time. Enjoy the rest of your 20s because 30 comes up pretty fast.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:40 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwalker425 View Post
I'm 28 and sometimes feel like that. I have a career that I don't really care for, I just picked it because I didn't know what else to do in college. I have an idea of what I'd like to do, but can't support myself doing it. The last year has pretty much sucked...one disappointment after the next and I feel like I just keep getting stomped on. Sometimes I feel like running away, but I realize the problems would just follow me.

Strangely enough, I'm not depressed about my age. My twenties haven't been that great so I think I'll survive turning 30.

I used to do a lot of volunteer work and I think I need to get back to being involved. That might help.
Wow, it's weird reading this over a year later!

I have ditched the job I hated and moved to a new city and state. I'm less than 2 months away from turning 30, and I don't mind. For the first time in a LONG time, I am happy and looking forward to the future.

I had a quarterlife crisis when I turned 25. Then my best friend asked me if I REALLY thought I would live to be 100. That helped. LOL

Old 07-18-2011, 08:47 AM

404 posts, read 1,147,571 times
I am around your age and many of my friends as well as myself have gone through the same thing. It's a bit of a struggle because you realize you're an adult and nothing is handed to you. Accomplishments do not come with age anymore. Many of my friends struggle to land a job in their major that they busted their ass for and realize that they may have to change directions. Even friends that did land good jobs feel empty and unfulfilled because their job is just simply a nice paycheck and lack social lives. After college we have total control of our lives and its a bit of an adjustment because we're so used to following a curriculum, preparing for it, and being handed an A+ for doing well. There's no timeline anymore or right/wrong way to go about your life because it's YOUR LIFE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships