Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2010, 11:29 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,595,591 times

Advertisements

solytaire wrote:
Quote:
No one is blaming women...Your blind defense of women is prompting you to try to polarize something that isnt binary...Im talking about single mothers...not women. And I wouldnt say that the information you've presented disproves anything Ive said..those states were doing abysmal, because they were losing population anyway...of course they had low housing prices, they could barely fill apartment leases.. IMO You're introducing very irrelevant aspects to my point, in order to shield single mothers. carry on.
My points are very relevant to counter your earlier post. You stated specifically that divorces resulted in a situation in which two people were now looking for a home which resulted in more buyers which raised home prices. You also didn't mention the obvious fact that one of the two people who got divorced probably ended up staying in the same house they were already living in. Since divorce rates are roughly the same across the nation if your theory was correct that would mean that home prices should have risen everywhere but they didn't. That blows your theory out of the water.
The escalation in housing prices is the result of the mass migration of millions of Americans to western and southern states. It's happened in the past in many American cities. I moved to Seattle in 1975 when it was rapidly gaining population and saw the same phenomenon. Prices got so high that many people couldn't even afford to buy a dumpy house. This didn't happen because newly divorced women were buying up houses, it happened because people were moving there from all over the country like I did.
I'm not blindly defending women as you suggest, I'm merely pointing out that you're the one who is blindly attacking women using arguments that have no merit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 11:30 AM

20,622 posts, read 19,284,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynight View Post
Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free is the current mentality going on. I wish I could rep you more.

Hi brooklynight,

What is worse is they begin to hate the cow. The biological system must repulse the male, shorty after, in a female promiscuous system. Yet even more disturbing is the sensual reward is greater with sexual completion between males. Men need big pleasurable orgasms for the ensuing sperm war. The result?

1. meth like addiction to sensual sex.
2. hatred of women.
3. fatherless children.

We invented washing machines and vacuum cleaners and thought we earned the right to laugh at nature. Nature does not suffer fools.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 03-17-2010 at 12:00 PM..

Old 03-17-2010, 11:31 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,149,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi Braunwyn,

In other words, do we expect the poor not to take a free gift? Its ridiculous. The enemy is Wall Street, Goldman Sax and JP Morgan and friends. They set up a nice little patsy with AIG. Unfortunately most people can only follow a few steps of logic and the swindle is invisible to them, kill the poor and nothing more.
So true. The reality is that we cannot have expertise in all areas of life (from finances to medicine, etc). It shouldn't be out in left field to have a reasonable expectation of honest guidance when walking into a bank. What's all over the net is that people with the same credit scores, income, etc were offered different packages, some shady and some not. How that is legal, I have no idea.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:34 AM

3,424 posts, read 5,961,483 times
Quote:
Hi Braunwyn,

In other words, do we expect the poor not to take a free gift? Its ridiculous. The enemy is Wall Street, Goldman Sax and JP Morgan and friends. They set up a nice little patsy with AIG. Unfortunately most people can only follow a few steps of logic and the swindle is invisible to them, kill the poor and nothing more.

lets get one thing clear here...no one is saying that the universalism behind the notion that if one giveth, people shall taketh...

The point of the article I posted was never to say that single mothers, or any other impoverished group didnt have every right to take the entitlement...the point was, and still is, that blame needs to be properly laid at the feet of BOTH those impoverished people AND the bankers who facilitated the collapse...but both groups have not been held accountable...both got bailouts, and one has gone completely unaddressed until now.

with blame needs to come reform and accountability for not making the same mistakes.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I would contend that fathers who play the traditional role, do raise their children...the mere observation of a man providing for his family by earning of money is an exemplary lesson to a son.
Agreed, tho, it kinks the logic armor a bit in these rotating discussions. Leading by example is excellent and needed, but what forms a person, imo/ime, is the continued contact and communication with those around. To be clear, I'm not saying men do not do this, but it's not so easy to gel the two positions.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:53 AM

3,440 posts, read 8,029,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
So true. The reality is that we cannot have expertise in all areas of life (from finances to medicine, etc). It shouldn't be out in left field to have a reasonable expectation of honest guidance when walking into a bank. What's all over the net is that people with the same credit scores, income, etc were offered different packages, some shady and some not. How that is legal, I have no idea.
I disagree Braunwyn. People can become very knowledgeable in a variety of fields if they only apply themselves to it (in the old days it was a requirement for survival).

Unfortunately, education today is based on specializing in a specific field which leaves you very ignorant in all other aspects of your life; including how to keep your spouse happy.

So in other words, "the powers that be" have most of us compartmentalized which is why people today can easily be taken advantage of.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:00 PM

20,622 posts, read 19,284,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
lets get one thing clear here...no one is saying that the universalism behind the notion that if one giveth, people shall taketh...

The point of the article I posted was never to say that single mothers, or any other impoverished group didnt have every right to take the entitlement...the point was, and still is, that blame needs to be properly laid at the feet of BOTH those impoverished people AND the bankers who facilitated the collapse...but both groups have not been held accountable...both got bailouts, and one has gone completely unaddressed until now.

with blame needs to come reform and accountability for not making the same mistakes.
Hi solytaire,

I am not discounting how destructive single motherhood is. However I have no expectation of insight or nobility coming from young girls in our underclass. My target is evil, not stupidity.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:01 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,616,681 times
Quote:
Hi JustJulia,

Is it really making a point to bring up any individual? I suppose I could dig up some bra burning feminist who turned some guy that looked at her the wrong way into Swiss cheese. Why the fascination with discussing the men you seem to hate? Do I see any one posting good examples of men? Do you see the implication? If you bring up over and over again all these bad men, I just assume that is what such women with think of all men. Curious that this is not apparent.
Hello again. I am not bringing up any particular individual, just a personification. If I said "men who have this attitude," that would be a generalization.

I'm sorry if you do not see anyone posting good examples of men. I see them, and I've posted them. We may not read the same threads, though. In any case, you can't ask me why other people don't post positive examples of men any more than I can ask you why the people you seem to side with don't post positive examples of women. We have no control over what other people do. All I can answer for is myself, and I don't talk badly about men. I don't know what impression you've gotten of me or my posts, but I like men and thought that was pretty clear. This thread makes me unhappy, though, because it reminds me that not all men are likeable. There are some pretty distasteful sentiments expressed in here. Maybe I just need to ignore it for a while. I'd feel bad for Braunwyn--she seems to be the only one who has the energy to go on. The silence does not indicate agreement or acquiescence, just weariness.

Quote:
Yet there is a reason for these men's attitudes and perhaps you are one of the few who will understand the argument.

There are well defined biological paths to take and modern society is laying track for one of them. The more promiscuous the female society becomes, the more men are biologically driven to be repulsed by long term contact with females. Its a biological reaction were men are trying to seek rationalization. That is what the contradictory chatter is all about. PUA pump and dump is a problem.

It has happened because women's sexual freedom has just become a sexual arms race which is ravaging the female population with attractive men not committing. Many serial killers aim specifically for prostitutes for this reason. Their psycho-sexual angst reaches such and extreme, that they act out on their revulsion. That is why it will also ironically be of a sexual nature. Just look at some forms of erotica and see the sensualist sexual hatred and it becomes obvious. Its the male hate-sex drive.

The reaction people have to rot is a biological impulse to stay away from toxicity and virulence. Its an impulse, not a decision. The male impulse to female promiscuity is to keep him away from cuckoldry. Those men are clearly affected by it. Certainly the more they bed the kind of women who sleep with them, the protective hatred against cuckoldry must increase.

This is a PUA opinion of the dark side of what he does. The evolutionary psychology behind it is screaming in my ear and its saying "sex without bonds". The male drive is protecting itself from falling into commitment with a woman who will cuckold him

The Dark Side Of Game » Roosh V

Many of the men may be blind to this. They may be unaware that they are also burning out the capacity to love.
I understand this. I think that the natural drive to procreate has been set on its ear, and we're dealing with a big adjustment now. I just believe it is unfair to hold women (in general) accountable for all that has happened without pointing the finger at men (in general) as well. I get the impression at times that women's knees are regarded as the gateway to hell and we have unleashed all manner of ruin on the world.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
I disagree Braunwyn. People can become very knowledgeable in a variety of fields if they only apply themselves to it (in the old days it was a requirement for survival).
The old days seem like they were less complicated. While I certainly researched the heck out of loans options when I was buying last spring (actually took a course) since I tend to get into the nitty gritty the best I can, I'm still in the dark when it comes to much of finances. I heavily relied on my mortgage guy when going through the process. He's a good man, took my calls every day. Ooops...gotta go. Rooter man is here! Pray for my plumbing!

Old 03-17-2010, 12:31 PM

951 posts, read 1,808,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz76 View Post
Ahem.

Is your degree worth $1 million -- or worthless? - MSN Money

English Degree Worth $8.55 Per Hour

The fact of the matter is that a large chunk of the degrees women pick up have a very low ROI. English degrees are a time a dozen and there are so many teachers out there that the market is just saturated and it's keeping their wages low. STEM fields pay more because there are so fewer people in them by comparison. Just look at the payouts for the degrees and which genders gravitate to which fields. It's clear as day what's going on here. What this all boils down to is subsidizing peoples' poor degree & career choices with taxpayer money. That's exactly what's going on in the student debt forgiveness program for public services.
This is the sad reality for both sexes. University has become what a high school diploma was 40 years ago - a start. Unless someone is focused on what they want to do, it is very easy to just float along and accomplish little. Most students are cheap seat fillers in large classes with multiple choice exams. They boost the bottom line of most universities so they have more resources for the elite/graduate programs. Nobody cares whether these students pass and end up with a degree or drop out. It hardly matters when they will likely end up working for a company like Starbucks!

A woman co-worker at coffee this morning said "I want my daughter to go to University because she'll read all those books." My reply is that this isn't necessarily so. This varies a lot from program to program. In the end, at least many technical school programs provide skills that will land a job. If a student has little interest in academics or is doing poorly in highschool, university is not the place for them. Women may be taking nearly 2/3 of college positions but most are not getting the rigourous education they will need to succeed in the workplace.

Those women who are young and nubile will often get hired, whether they have a degree or not. In large employers, they are hired primarily as a morale booster. If they then get married, (often to a co-worker) have children and drop out of the work force for a few years, when they try to return, they find that few employers are interested in them anymore and the pay is a lot less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships