Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 05:06 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,082,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
This is soooo true. Working with the public my whole life I have seen every combination of couples that exist. Once in a while I'd wonder what he/she saw in their partner...but only because they wouldn't be attractive to 'me'...but the old saying that there's someone for everyone is true. IF someone really wants someone.

I think it's just easier to some folks to put all the blame for their shortcomings onto others. And I think a whole lot of people do a whole lot of exaggerating about things.
That is true though some people might rather be alone then with somebody who they arent attracted to..

For me i dont have extremely high standards at all just want someone somewhat cute but if my "league" and all im able to get is women im not physically attracted to on any level id rather be alone the rest of my life to be honest..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 05:12 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,132,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
Lately it seems every other thread on here is filled with angry, often mysogynistic rants against women. These posts/threads reek of bitterness and discontentment. Why the need to blame an entire gender for the bad behavior or bad experiences with a few? I've heard that women are notorious for "man-bashing"(which is inexcusable as well) but all I see on here as of late is the opposite with thread topics of exhorting men to "never get married", plus the usual "women are superficial gold-diggers". Geez, don't you think it's getting a little old? I have personally had some very negative and hurtful experiences with men, but I would NEVER blame the male gender for my problems or hold any group or even any individual responsible for the foul acts of a few men. Has anyone else noticed the preponderance of these negative anti-women threads? What do you think?
Imo, these guys are hurting and bigotry seems to come easy for some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I think women are getting a taste of their own medicine (bashing).
Really? The female posters are getting their own medicine. What medicine of MINE am I getting, Mr. Cat? Specifically? I would love to know. Of course, you won't find one post of mine that engages in male bashing...given that I'm not broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi lilred0005,

I told you. The complaints are from career achieving women and a good 50% of the men at the bottom of the heap. When 1 man is juggling 3 women there are not enough women to go around. When a women makes 150k a year, there are not enough men for her around.
I don't see female career women on this forum complaining about men, male bashing, etc ad nauseum. Maybe I just miss those threads. I think this forum is comprised of some great women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinaTado View Post
It's happening because all the men with good girlfriends/wives are happy and don't feel the need to create threads bragging about it. It's the same way that the women with good partners don't create threads about it. I think we can see why the gender bashing posters, both male and female, can't get dates. Why would you date someone with an attitude like that? The nice women are dating the nice men and vice versa. The loser men and women are stuck with each other, and that's why they complain.
Too true. Some people here are miserable. Life is so short. It's a waste imo.

Old 02-04-2010, 05:41 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,956,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Imo, these guys are hurting and bigotry seems to come easy for some.

Really? The female posters are getting their own medicine.
I don't see female career women on this forum complaining about men, male bashing, etc ad nauseum. Maybe I just miss those threads. I think this forum is comprised of some great women.

Some people here are miserable. Life is so short. It's a waste imo.

All true, but I really think that the internet is going to be the place where men who seek to bítch about women will convene...whereas, mainstream and television media has always been the place where women go to complain about men. Thats just the way it is and the way it always will be imo.

Because in reality, these men could never b[mod cut] this much in reality, without being dismissed and belittled by society as just being bítchy little weaklings...they would never have a voice in reality. Men have tried to complain in reality and on television, and they are quickly dismissed by both women and other men as being weak, complainers with illegitimate concerns.

Obviously here they have found a voice...although they will likely still be dismissed as weaklings here also, a few people actually do pay attention...they may not be in any position to change anything, but some people do pay attention...fortunately for fellas like me though, I can find refuge in other online male groups designed for disgruntled whiny men.

Its something that women have mastered and have been doing for decades if not centuries, and its believed to be one of the reasons why women have been more well balanced as human beings than men. Women have always had a venue to communicate their concerns/discontent, to both one another, and/or to men. I think men are just now realizing that they dont have to just "suck it up" anymore...it will be beneficial for us all in the end, I believe..

Last edited by mrstewart; 02-04-2010 at 10:44 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 05:52 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,132,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
All true, but I really think that the internet is going to be the place where men who seek to bítch about women will convene...whereas, mainstream and television media has always been the place where women go to complain about men. Thats just the way it is and the way it always will be imo.
I think that's part of my issue. I don't really watch much TV, so I'm in the dark. I'll do hulu, the news if something is going on, and last night I watched Lost, but I'm in the dark when it comes to the media in general. I'm also into political radio, but I never come across gender stuff on talk radio.

Quote:
Because in reality, these men could never [mod cut] this much in reality, without being dismissed and belittled by society as just being bítchy little weaklings...they would never have a voice in reality. Men have tried to complain in reality and on television, and they are quickly dismissed by both women and other men as being weak, complainers with illegitimate concerns.
I don't know how people have the time to do so much b*tching in reality...off line. We get up, have coffee, go to work, come home, have dinner...watch TV or come here! lol Weekends are for errands, cleaning, etc. There's never enough time. Where people find it for b*tching, I don't know.

Quote:
Obviously here they have found a voice...although they will likely still be dismissed as weaklings here also, a few people actually do pay attention...they may not be in any position to change anything, but some people do pay attention...fortunately for fellas like me though, I can find refuge in other online male groups designed for disgruntled whiny men.
I wonder if there's something else going on with people that like to go online. Is there something up with us personality wise? My dh, for example, does not do forum stuff. He thinks I'm a bit nutty for participating on message boards.

Quote:
Its something that women have mastered and have been doing for decades if not centuries, and its believed to be one of the reasons why women have been more well balanced as human beings than men. Women have always had a venue to communicate their discontent, to both one another, and/or to men. I think men are just now realizing that they dont have to just "suck it up" anymore...it will be beneficial for us all in the end, I believe..
Perhaps, but doing so with an audience is a bit odd. I can understand gathering at a mens forum to discuss issues IRT gender. But, a forum that includes average, kind women? That I don't get. While I've always had very close girlfriends to talk to, I never had the urge to generalize.

Last edited by mrstewart; 02-04-2010 at 10:45 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM

19,413 posts, read 12,059,821 times
I think in many cases men and women have different ideas of voicing criticism of opposite sex. So many times with men the talk turns to crudeness and even what women (and more understanding men) might find disturbing and threatening. Men dont' do a good job just bitchin, it often goes too far for a lot of women. This is often the basis of sexual harassment. And women can relentlessly pick men apart. So if either gender is going to let loose on the other, it's usually best done at a place designated for their own sex.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:03 PM

51,935 posts, read 52,357,086 times
I think some of these guys were just weened to soon.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,956,164 times
Quote:
I wonder if there's something else going on with people that like to go online. Is there something up with us personality wise? My dh, for example, does not do forum stuff. He thinks I'm a bit nutty for participating on message boards.
I suspect that most men on here who really engage in hardcore complaining are a bit 'touched' mentally in some way or another...I know Ive been through some ups and downs in relationships...some things were my fault, and somethings I refuse to accept fault for. But I wouldnt call participating on these message boards nutty...its just an activity that passes the time. I find that it can be entertaining, and educational sometimes.

Quote:
Perhaps, but doing so with an audience is a bit odd. I can understand gathering at a mens forum to discuss issues IRT gender. But, a forum that includes average, kind women? That I don't get. While I've always had very close girlfriends to talk to, I never had the urge to generalize.
See this is what I believe happens: Over the course of our lives we have different interactions with people.. We will have certain people with whom we have positive interactions, and others with whom we have negative interactions...now, what I see as the kicker, is that people here really arent generalizing...I think they're averaging. I think they are taking the amount of positive experiences they have with women, and comparing them to the negative experiences they have had with women, and then I think they come up with an average interpretation of those experiences. And then they say in their mind "The AVERAGE woman...blah blah blah" Now what I notice is that not all people want to factor how they themselves are playing into the negative experiences they have with women.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:10 PM

2,035 posts, read 5,024,277 times
Personally, and honestly, i think that it needs to stop.. sure i have had my moments after a breakup when i could have gone after every woman's throat..hypothetically of course.. i step back and handle it as a man should..and not blame every single woman alive for the errors of judgement made by the person in my own situation

Lately, there has been way too much whining and 3yr old temper tantrum type of behavior instead of just dealing with it and not going about attacking the majority who have no reason to be attacked..and while women do certainly have their gripes about us guys..rarely is there a man bashing thread here..and i have never seen a woman throw as many self degrading labels around as have been shuffling through here recently..

Being disgruntled is a self fault..not someone elses..own up to it and overcome it..or allow it to consume you and take you down in a blazing inferno..

Don't blame others for going down burning..you chose to burn.. you ignited..no one set you aflame..

Learn to get up, dust one's self off and continue on, and place no blame..

Old 02-04-2010, 06:11 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,958,128 times
It's not really just a guy thing, though it has been more prevalent lately thanks to a couple of individual posters.

I think it comes down to personality. Everyone has a bad experience - or 10 - with the opposite sex. Most normal people don't take that to mean that all men/women are the devil. The ones who do that are the ones who can't take responsibility for their own issues. Instead of looking within and wondering what they can change, they look to blame everyone else.

In this particular case, if all women are made to be evil, then it's inconceivable that the whiner could have something wrong with him - so he thinks.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:21 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,704,057 times
Do guys not think that women don't have an issue with other women as well?

I have stopped counting all the times I have been back stabbed and gossiped about, but I don't go around hating all women. I suck it up and learn to be a bit more discerning about whom I befriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships